Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 3

Gimp56 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I think God is so much more than how he gets portrayed by everybody quoting Him in the Evolution-Darwin-Natural Selection-Biblical debates, so I don't worry about it. I read everything, secure (at least in my own head) that my questioning is okay, too. Questions are the beginning of new information and hopefully, understanding.
    as Jefferson wrote: "Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

I'm a Christian that believes in creationism! However, I can look back in "known history" and see how humans have evolved/addapted who truly knows how far we have come?

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    This is 100% correct and makes me want to re-read this awesome book.
    That's a good one is it? I've read The God Delusion and The Greatest Show on Earth, but not that one. Maybe I'll give it a go. I always have to leave a good long time between his books though; he's so damn smug. He's good at explaining his science, but damn he thinks that there is nothing in the universe that Richard Dawkins cannot comprehend. Funny.

And so far as taxonomy goes, it seems most folks do not label humans as apes, but rather put apes and humans in the same hominid bucket. At least as far as my intertubes searches could find.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    I have my own personal brand of faith. I definitely am not atheist - mine does include Creation and Creator. It is just not the "you will burn in Hell if you are not a Young-Earth Creationist" type of segregating belief.

I think God is so much more than how he gets portrayed by everybody quoting Him in the Evolution-Darwin-Natural Selection-Biblical debates, so I don't worry about it. I read everything, secure (at least in my own head) that my questioning is okay, too. Questions are the beginning of new information and hopefully, understanding.

Scientists do their scientific thing, which has brought us a lot of blessings. And churchmen have done many good things also. And both have their share of badness to answer for. We all are trying. What else can we do, given our limitations as physical beings on this plane, born in this time, being terminally curious and all??

Maybe sometime, waaaaaaay out there in time, we all will agree on one, definitive answer. Since that time is not yet, I'll let everybody, no matter where they stand in this debate, have their opinions. It will all eventually shake out.
    +1

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Ooops I must have asked the question the wrong way... Looks like I said, "would someone debate creation vs evolution?"
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Ooops I must have asked the question the wrong way... Looks like I said, "would someone debate creation vs evolution?"
    No, this is just where this topic goes, every time, every single time.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiapeach View Post
    ooops i must have asked the question the wrong way... Looks like i said, "would someone debate creation vs evolution?"
    haahaaaa!!!

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    No, this is just where this topic goes, every time, every single time.
    Have our brains not evolved enough to answer simple questions?
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Paleo seems to make sense from an evolutionary standpoint. Most of what is sold in the grocery stores didn't even exist 30 years ago, let alone 30,000 years ago. It seems we keep creating crap to put in our mouths.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    I'm a Christian. We're paleo because it works. There is also truth that our ancestors ate cleaner foods - though I believe it was thousands of years ago rather than millions. Man, our ancestors 100 yrs ago ate cleaner than we do!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

isbolick is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe sometime, waaaaaaay out there in time, we all will agree on one, definitive answer. Since that time is not yet, I'll let everybody, no matter where they stand in this debate, have their opinions. It will all eventually shake out.

I don't think we have to. Agree, that is. Belief is intensely personal, no matter what the beliefs are. No one believes precisely the same way; not creationists or atheists. That is why I object to religion being in public schools, etc. My faith, or lack, is my business. The key isn't to agree, but to be exactly where you are...allowing each individual to hold their own beliefs without prejudice.
    Last edited by isbolick; 06-22-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast