Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 29

Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    The next squirrel I bag, I'm gonna seriously try this on...
    Yeah, I like that idea too. You could probably bake them wrapped in bacon a lot easier though. Maybe put the liver in the body cavity, wrap in bacon, and bake until the bacon crisps.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    How about we skip the s'mores and roast bacon wrapped squirrels? No, we'll make bacon and squirrel s'mores! With bits of liver for the marshmallow!

I dunno... Skipping chocolate never sounds like a good idea to me...
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

karatepig is offline Member
    The reason why I jumped on this topic is precisely because believer often approach me, and try to convert me. The bible commands them to do so!
    Also, I CAN NOT STAND anybody who claims to know something for a fact, when they do not. And that is what faith requires. Not only that, but there is no legitimate reason, at least that I am aware of, to "believe". Not none.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Yeah, I suppose they could have gorged themselves on fruits and tubers, but considering that they had fields of wheat readily available to them, I'm guessing they gorged themselves on grains instead.
    I was mostly referring to your ridiculous assertions about Paleolithic Venus statues being evidence of high grain consumption, for which the only justify action you provided was "fat=grains".
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I was mostly referring to your ridiculous assertions about Paleolithic Venus statues being evidence of high grain consumption, for which the only justify action you provided was "fat=grains".
    So, do you think there have been obese people since the beginning of the human race?

Please, put forth your own theories instead of just laughing at mine. If you have better theories, then why not present them to us instead of just trying to act like a know-it-all?

I don't see why I can't make that assumption. Wild cereal grain eating started about that time as far as we know, as well as sedentary tribes forming about that time also as a result of eating wild grains.

Explain to me why I can't make that connection. That is what discussions are supposed to be about -- learning from each other. It's not about trying to prove who is smarter than the other, or trying to make someone else feel dumb.

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    They have- Paleolithic Venus was a representation of pregnant women, not fat ones, particularly with steatopygia.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    So, do you think there have been obese people since the beginning of the human race?
    Maybe. I have no way of knowing. I would think that as soon as our social structures were complex and stable enough to support people who were less-than-effective hunters and gatherers, that it would have become possible for people with genetic propensities toward obesity to survive and reproduce through being supplied with food by others. Whether this actually happened or not, of course, is impossible for me to know.

Please, put forth your own theories instead of just laughing at mine. If you have better theories, then why not present them to us instead of just trying to act like a know-it-all?
    I don't have to have an explanation for a phenomenon to point out that you are making leaps that you don't have enough information to make. I don't know all of the factors that can cause obesity even in modern people (and neither do you; no one does!), and I certainly don't know enough about paleolithic dietary and lifestyle habits over a broad span of time, social and technological states, and environments to try and make inferences about how, when, or how often people might have become fat under those conditions.

I don't see why I can't make that assumption. Wild cereal grain eating started about that time as far as we know, as well as sedentary tribes forming about that time also as a result of eating wild grains.
    You can certainly ask the question, "might increased sedentarism and grain consumption have contributed to an increase in the rates of overweight and obesity in hunter-gather peoples of the late Paleolithic?" It's quite an interesting question, actually, and you might even be on to something. Keyword "might". The problem for me comes with the degree of certainty you are expressing that this "must" have been "the cause" of the widespread image of the obese Venus. Your posts read more like "Aha! I have discovered the Truth About Ancient Obesity" to me than they say "Hmm, this is an interesting but ultimately very difficult-to-test hypothesis that bears further thought." Maybe I am reading that attitude into your posts where it doesn't exist, and if I am doing that, I apologize for the mischaracterization.

Explain to me why I can't make that connection. That is what discussions are supposed to be about -- learning from each other. It's not about trying to prove who is smarter than the other, or trying to make someone else feel dumb.
    I definitely made fun of you a little bit before. I was getting very frustrated with your continuous and seemingly willful misinterpretation of the points Wilton and I were making several pages ago on the previous topic and when I start feeling that way I tend to get sarcastic and lash out verbally, because it makes me feel better. It's not an admirable quality and I'm sorry if I made you feel belittled or unwelcome.

On my end, I was feeling as though you were intentionally doing me the disrespect of not taking the trouble to understand the arguments I was making and responding to a simpler, less accurate version instead. I hope you can see why that was causing me some frustration.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    The problem for me comes with the degree of certainty you are expressing that this "must" have been "the cause" of the widespread image of the obese Venus. Your posts read more like "Aha! I have discovered the Truth About Ancient Obesity" to me than they say "Hmm, this is an interesting but ultimately very difficult-to-test hypothesis that bears further thought." Maybe I am reading that attitude into your posts where it doesn't exist, and if I am doing that, I apologize for the mischaracterization.
    It was just me postulating.

A lot of advances took place between 50kya and 10kya. I wouldn't be surprised if obesity first showed up around this time as well. Perhaps there were extremely rare cases of obesity prior to this, but I posit that obesity first really started becoming more common around the late stone age with wild cereal eating sedentary tribes. Perhaps high sugar fruits such as dates also contributed to the obesity rate as well.

I wonder if eating cereal grains is what actually triggered the great leap forward into the late stone age. If it allowed the people to settle down and no longer be nomadic tribes following the migration of animals, it could have also led to much more leisure time to think about other things instead of just surviving.

Could it be possible that the first wild cereal grain eaters were the first ones to invent music and art simply because it allowed them to think about what to do with all the free time they now have?

Figlio di Moros is offline Senior Member
    No

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    We should probably all get together and sing Kumbaya around a campfire.

I'll make s'mores!
    This is a good idea.

You all get together in the dark near a large light source and make lots of noise.

Out in the open.

I like this idea.

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast