Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 21

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    We've been eating cereal grains since at least 19,400 BP.[1] But I think those Venus' from 25,000 BC indicate we've been eating cereal grains even earlier than that. The excavation at Ohalo is the earliest known sedentary community.[2]

[1] Ohalo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [2] Cradle of civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    a) there is archaeological evidence that cereal grains were gathered for food before agriculture and b) cereal grains are not the only way to get fat. Force-feeding for extended periods of time on any easily digested food (such as well-cooked starchy roots) will get you obese too. I don't think the existence of fat women is evidence that they were necessarily eating wheat and millet, though they could have been. I think it's more likely evidence that resources were abundant enough that some women could be overfed habitually, perhaps out of some religious/fertility significance, or perhaps because there was a cultural beauty norm that idolized female obesity.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ok... since when are Venus statues about cultures of FAT women???
    They are not.
    They are exaggerated representations of fecundity/mother/goddess.
    Just like there were male statues with enormous phallus representations for fertility/father/god.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Grok, like Cori said these representations of Venus were idealized representations; you can't conclude that those cultures ate copious amount of grain from their art.

isbolick is offline Member
    >>Point being, I asked a specific question, and only the truely intelligent were able to simply answer it...<<

How smart is it to attack the intelligence of others because things are not going the way you want? Why not just pick up your toys and go home instead of sticking your tongue out?

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by isbolick View Post
    >>Point being, I asked a specific question, and only the truely intelligent were able to simply answer it...<<

How smart is it to attack the intelligence of others because things are not going the way you want? Why not just pick up your toys and go home instead of sticking your tongue out?
    Because metaphorically speaking, this thread is my home.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    That's odd...
    I thought this thread was in an open forum on the internet where literally anyone can come and go as they please.
    Definitely not a place I'd call "home".
    YMMV
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That's odd...
    I thought this thread was in an open forum on the internet where literally anyone can come and go as they please.
    YMMV
    My point is, I started the thread and it went way off topic. Others throw spit balls on other threads if someone takes it that far. They tell them to start another thread. So I have the right to stick my tongue out if I so choose.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    That's odd...
    YMMV
    Gee, you figured that out and you are one of the stupid ones.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Because metaphorically speaking, this thread is my home.
    Listen, I have refrained from saying anything about Georgia this whole time and believe me, it wasn't easy. Why get so snarky?

Sweetie, you don't own it. You framed the question and threw it out there for the masses to do with it what they would. And what the masses do with any question regarding religion is to pretty quickly start discussing their own beliefs. Especially on an OPEN FORUM (can I say that enough??) largely populated by people independent enough to eschew grains and dairy in the name of health.

I will tell you what I told my kids the whole time they were growing up: When someone calls you names, it says less about you and more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    My point is, I started the thread and it went way off topic. Others throw spit balls on other threads if someone takes it that far. They tell them to start another thread. So I have the right to stick my tongue out if I so choose.
    And if Johnny jumps off of a bridge, are you going to?

Think of it this way...what would Jesus do? Call people stupid? You know, I just don't think so.

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast