Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 18

stable31 is online now Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks to you two for making my point. The interwebz where extremists and assholes can make themselves feel good at the touch of a button.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Wow. This post has gotten wayyy off-topic, since the OP asked question, asking if there were any Primal followers who believed in Creationism. I know I unintentionally got a bit off-topic, but, damn, there's a lot of mud-slinging hatred on here. Why? Why do you care, on either side? You won't the truth until you die, then it's impossible to change the life you've decided to live, either way. To quote rocktastic philosophers, "Be excellent, to each other."

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stable31 View Post
    Thanks to you two for making my point. The interwebz where extremists and assholes can make themselves feel good at the touch of a button.
    The only good christian is an extremist christian. The bible teaches this. Lukewarm christians - those who are NOT extremists - will not inherit the kingdom of heaven, but will be rejected by Jesus himself. Revelation 3: 15-16.

I'm not being an asshole when I say that Christianity and Paleo cannot co-exist. They are two parallel schools of thought. They do not intersect. Christianity is an extreme faith that requires literal belief in a 6,000 year old planet upon which roam creatures that were magically created in a matter of days. Christianity also requires that you literally believe that a piece of bread and a sip of wine become the flesh and blood of your god. It is not symbolic human sacrifice; it is literal human sacrifice. Or god-sacrifice, in this case, since god sacrificed himself to appease his own blood lust. And christians carry it out several times a week.

To believe otherwise is heresy. Christians used to burn heretics and non-believers.

Burn them.

At the stake.

Until at some point, governing bodies stepped in and put a stop to the torture and burning of heretics. At least in the western world.

I know a lot of Christians will be angry at me for saying these things (incoming hurt fee-fees), and then refer to some Hallmark-card version of watered-down Christianity that makes up their personal belief system: something that has to do with love, forgiveness, dead relatives in space, and touchyblanket good vibes - popular sentiments nowadays that would constitute heresy in the good old days of good old-fashioned family values and stake-burnin's. Or maybe they'll spout off that no, THEIR church never did that - that was somebody ELSE'S church. You know, the church that uses different scripture - oh, wait, no, that's not right, is it? Because all christians use the bible as the foundation of their belief system.

Christianity is a brutal and violent religion, one that focuses on the graphic details of a public execution at least once a year, often with live and bloody re-enactments.

And your scripture demands blood sacrifice.

Why am I an asshole for pointing this out?

Or is your priest the asshole for NOT pointing this out, and focusing on touchyblanket happy fuzzy touched-by-an-angel space ancestors feel-good sermons instead of keeping his flock ON FIRE FOR CHRIST and enthusiastic and not-lukewarm and certainly not reading up on Paleo boards where other, more worldly-minded folk ruminate on what their ancestors may have eaten long ago before the world was even born or hatched or poofed or whatever into existence.

I think it's a poor Christian who would adhere to the PB.

This rant brought to you by a long-ass childhood spent being dragged into church 4 times a week. I knows me bible.

summoora is offline Junior Member
    I'm Muslim. I don't see a contradiction between Primal/Paleo and creationism. God created man, but that doesn't mean man was in a kitchen with an electric stove or even spun cloth, for that matter. In fact, I don't know if he has a Latin name, but the second (chronologically speaking) prophet mentioned in the quran was the first man to wear sewn cloth, so we're talking thousands of years in fur. (fun fact: we believe Prophet Adam, peace be upon him, would have been about yay big, so maybe he snacked on dinosaurs? *shrug*) I don't see why earth couldn't be millions of years old, but you don't even have to go back thousands to find primal eating. You could change the name to eating-as-god-intended and come up with some rationale as to why God doesn't want you to eat grains, and it wouldn't make the diet any less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    May as well petition to rename this "The Religion Thread" as we have strayed from the original topic. Can we ensure that we keep conversation clean and cordial? It would be nice to discuss things that normally get everyone angry.

This is not exactly related to Christianity, or Evolution, but this is a thought that has been bugging me for a long time: Why do all the different religions have such similar tales of creation, and of certain events? I understand that as people moved out of Africa, they probably took their stories with them, but there are some very uncanny parallels between the religions.

Nearly every religion mentions Atlantis/Ancient City of Technology in some form. Nearly all religions talk about gods descending from the sky.

Also what is bugging me is the book of Revelations. Some of the stuff about it is also uncanny, but anyone can write about the fall of humanity. What gets me is how detailed the timeline is for some of these events. I sometimes wonder if there was a society long ago that got wiped out (such as Atlantis), and those who survived carried down the story of their internal downfall and incorporated it into their stories in the future as a warning of what happens if certain events take place.

Just random thoughts that pop into my head every so often. I do hope it is aliens = gods, it would be so much easier to deal with.
    From a religious standpoint, the messages are the same because the revelations were similar because the God is the same. God guides, people stray, forget (or kill) prophets, change books, God guides again. (what religion mentions atlantis?)

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    So, we don't know everything..............therefore god?
    No matter how far back you go, whether you believe in evolution or not, everything comes from something. If you keep backtracking, eventually you need some everlasting catalyst, the reason that anything exists at all. That's God. Science is all about cause and effect. Evolution doesn't explain what caused our existence. It's just a theory as to what we come from. Somewhere else you mention that in order to have a religion, you have to believe man is flawed. You say that like it's a bad thing to believe. 1. According to the theory of evolution, natural selection doesn't make perfect, just good enough, and 2. If religion is flawed but also man-made, then man is inherently flawed.

There's a difference from being 'perfect' and being 'not flawed'.
    perfect according to dictionary: entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings
    flawed: having imperfections

Also, religion's most important goal is the worship of God. God created us, to Him we return, we exist to praise Him and do what He orders us to do. Without that, religion is just a social contract. In other words, the point of religion is not that man is flawed or "I know the perfect way to live." It's, "God is perfect, I am convinced this message is from God, so I follow it." I'm Muslim, and I don't try to take pieces from my religion and leave others. I will stand by anything in the quran or verified to have been said by our prophet, peace be upon him. I have a strong background in science and don't find that the two contradict each other. In fact, the ink of a scholar is more valuable in Islam than the blood of a martyr.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sihana View Post
    May as well petition to rename this "The Religion Thread" as we have strayed from the original topic. Can we ensure that we keep conversation clean and cordial? It would be nice to discuss things that normally get everyone angry.

This is not exactly related to Christianity, or Evolution, but this is a thought that has been bugging me for a long time: Why do all the different religions have such similar tales of creation, and of certain events? I understand that as people moved out of Africa, they probably took their stories with them, but there are some very uncanny parallels between the religions.

Nearly every religion mentions Atlantis/Ancient City of Technology in some form. Nearly all religions talk about gods descending from the sky.

Also what is bugging me is the book of Revelations. Some of the stuff about it is also uncanny, but anyone can write about the fall of humanity. What gets me is how detailed the timeline is for some of these events. I sometimes wonder if there was a society long ago that got wiped out (such as Atlantis), and those who survived carried down the story of their internal downfall and incorporated it into their stories in the future as a warning of what happens if certain events take place.

Just random thoughts that pop into my head every so often. I do hope it is aliens = gods, it would be so much easier to deal with.
    I have been in the stage of "could aliens have been god?" and it makes zero sense when analyzed. There is a clear evolutionary tree that we come from. There is no reason for aliens to legimately create us here. There's nowhere for them to fit in, and once more, there's no need for them.

I will say though that we do not fully know human history. I think that there have been advanced civilizations in the past here on Earth. This is simply evidenced in their knowledge of astronomy and stone masonry. It could end there, or it could be more. We have not solved the deepest answers of physics yet, so we don't know what is necessary for, say, space travel. It's hard for us to imagine a technological society without office buildings and computers, but that's just because we've only seen it this way.

Now going back to your thought that all religions talk about similar things, so they must be true? Firstly, let's throw aside Atlantis talk. I'm not really aware of this in all or really any religion at all. If this was so, I would categorize it as possibly an historical account but nothing more. Secondly, the reason all of these modern religions say similar things is because they have the same origin! Our totalitarian agriculture society. They have their eccentricities like East vs West and more minor details like whether Jesus or God is the main god of worship. The bottomline about their commanalities is they are memes derived from the agricultural revolution. These memes logically came about, and it is because of these memes in particular that the agricultural society we live in still exists today! I've already discussed them. I will come back and explain their roots if you want. Although honestly, I might just write it tomorrow for the educational value of anyone reading the thread.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinup View Post
    I care, because it makes me sad when otherwise intelligent people believe the most ridiculous, illogical things.
    Yeah. I'd be happy not to care, but people are making laws that cause my household hardship based on their choices of religion. And people get hurt & killed over choices of religion. So it's basic self-preservation to care what craziness people believe. Sad, but true.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    I have been in the stage of "could aliens have been god?" and it makes zero sense when analyzed. There is a clear evolutionary tree that we come from. There is no reason for aliens to legimately create us here. There's nowhere for them to fit in, and once more, there's no need for them.
    Have you read any of Graham Hancock's stuff? The Official Graham Hancock Website Interesting, not always my cuppa, but I like the food for thought.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    This thread is not about the Primal Blueprint or the Paleo Diet. This is in the Odds and Ends section where we discuss other stuff.
    This thread is also not about debating Christianity, evolution, God or any other topic that has come up... But you guys took it there. So, being that you feel the need to hijack the thread and talk about something that I was not asking, TorMag gets to as well.

If there was ever proof that we evolved from apes, it's you guys on this thread looking like a bunch of monkeys fighting over bananas. There are plenty of concepts/practices held by people on this board that do match up with PB/paleo. Yet, I'm not going around labeling you as a hypocrite because you eat dairy or beans and legumes or chcocolate. I'm 100% strict paleo. But I'm not jumpin on your threads and arguing about your approaches when you give a recipe that included rice or whatever. Point being, I asked a specific question, and only the truely intelligent were able to simply answer it... Whether it was yay or nay doesn't matter... Do not fuss at people because they missed your point or because they are talking about a topic you don't think is in line with this thread because that's exactly what you did.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast