Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 17

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's really interesting, I'm reading about Cro-Magnon man[1] in Europe about the time of this so called Great Leap Forward, and how the Cro-Magnon were really big on art like cave paintings and figurines. But their Venus figurines were of fat women.[2]

This makes me wonder if these people were the first to start eating grains as part of their diet.

[1] Cro-Magnon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [2] Venus of Hohle Fels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    booooooooring.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Meh. Liberal christians can hem and haw all you want about how you don't believe in the murdery and crazy parts of the bible, but just look at the empirical evidence that history lays out. All it takes is one little slip, one gasp of air against the house of cards our civilization rests on, and Christians, Jews, and whoever else will immediately re-radicalize and revert back to being the murderous authoritarian douchebags they've always been.

Liberal theism and happy jesus kumbaya time is just a modern 1st world convenience. One that, given current economic conditions and constantly escalating warfare could easily be taken away from western civ. All it takes is a little more poverty and landmines, and america & western europe could easily end up looking like the middle east. I really don't want to be here when SHTF and the dominionists get cut loose.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    To be fair, I think there are very few moderns who have any understanding of religion that gives them any right to sound-off like they are authorities. Most people don't even know how to $&!£ properly Squatty Potty Toilet Stool, Prevent Colon Disease, Avoid Constipation, End Painful Hemorrhoids, Solve Pelvic Floor Prolapse Issues, Poop Faster and More Effectively and Help Prevent Colon Cancer.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss2626 View Post
    To answer the OP, I am a Christian who takes the Bible at face value (i.e, a literal Adam and Eve) and I follow the PB lifestyle.
    But... but aren't you contradicting yourself?

The PB is as opposite of creationist Christian belief as you can get, as Paleo is based on the idea that our bodies adapted to a certain type of diet in the Paleolithic era, and it is our nature to consume Paleo foods.

You believe that there was never a Paleolithic era. Humans magically poofed into existence and grazed on cotton candy and Skittles in the Garden of Eden alongside velociraptors and T-Rexes, which in the language of the time were called "behemoths" and "leviathans". Sadly, the dinosaurs died out sometime between A.D. 64 and now, but we know that Jesus rode velociraptors. The very word "Paleo" should not even be in your vocabulary. Do you see what I mean?

I am very concerned about your faith, son. It seems weak, if you're willing to pay attention to - shudder - what those evil, fallen scientists have to say. Open your bible and turn to Leviticus and prayerfully read the whole thing, not just the kill the gays part. I hope you're not eating pork and shellfish or wearing cotton-poly blends, for they are an abomination unto you. I think you would be more holy and righteous following the Bible Diet, even if their food pyramid is illustrated with the accursed rainbow of the homosexual abomination. (Let us all say a prayer for the designers of the rainbow food pyramid. They know not what they do.)

The Bible Diet emphasizes plants bearing seed. It's granola and Essene bread all the way if you want to stay saved. Jesus commands it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Meh. Liberal christians can hem and haw all you want about how you don't believe in the murdery and crazy parts of the bible, but just look at the empirical evidence that history lays out. All it takes is one little slip, one gasp of air against the house of cards our civilization rests on, and Christians, Jews, and whoever else will immediately re-radicalize and revert back to being the murderous authoritarian douchebags they've always been.

Liberal theism and happy jesus kumbaya time is just a modern 1st world convenience. One that, given current economic conditions and constantly escalating warfare could easily be taken away from western civ. All it takes is a little more poverty and landmines, and america & western europe could easily end up looking like the middle east. I really don't want to be here when SHTF and the dominionists get cut loose.
    At last you finally say something worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Spubba View Post
    But... but aren't you contradicting yourself?

The PB is as opposite of creationist Christian belief as you can get, as Paleo is based on the idea that our bodies adapted to a certain type of diet in the Paleolithic era, and it is our nature to consume Paleo foods.

You believe that there was never a Paleolithic era. Humans magically poofed into existence and grazed on cotton candy and Skittles in the Garden of Eden alongside velociraptors and T-Rexes, which in the language of the time were called "behemoths" and "leviathans". Sadly, the dinosaurs died out sometime between A.D. 64 and now, but we know that Jesus rode velociraptors. The very word "Paleo" should not even be in your vocabulary. Do you see what I mean?

I am very concerned about your faith, son. It seems weak, if you're willing to pay attention to - shudder - what those evil, fallen scientists have to say. Open your bible and turn to Leviticus and prayerfully read the whole thing, not just the kill the gays part. I hope you're not eating pork and shellfish or wearing cotton-poly blends, for they are an abomination unto you. I think you would be more holy and righteous following the Bible Diet, even if their food pyramid is illustrated with the accursed rainbow of the homosexual abomination. (Let us all say a prayer for the designers of the rainbow food pyramid. They know not what they do.)

The Bible Diet emphasizes plants bearing seed. It's granola and Essene bread all the way if you want to stay saved. Jesus commands it!
    Damn straight.

stable31 is offline Member
    It's sure is good that the internet exists so athiests can gather and express their belief in their own intellectual superiority to the lowly religious affiliated dimwits.

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    I'm reading an interesting book, Darwin's Black Box: Biomechanical Challenge to Evolution, and came across a great quote: Lynn Margulis, Distinguished Professor of Biology said that "history will ultimately judge neo-Darwinism as 'a minor twentieth-century religious sect within the sprawling religious persuasion of Anglo-Saxon biology.'"
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Spubba is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by stable31 View Post
    It's sure is good that the internet exists so athiests can gather and express their belief in their own intellectual superiority to the lowly religious affiliated dimwits.
    Do you honestly think atheists are the ones who came up with the bit where Jesus rode on dinosaurs, or that a talking snake convinced a rib-woman to piss off the fairies in the sky by eating an apple?

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast