Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian/Creation PB followers page 15

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I don't like the politically-correct attitude of just being quiet when everyone talks about what they believe in. I speak up not because I want to control their lives or their thoughts. I speak up because their beliefs end up perpetuating a cycle that causes damage to the world and to me.
    No, the idea that individuals must all believe the same is what causes that damage to the world and to you. It isn't just a religious idea, it's all throughout humanity. The need to control others' thoughts and beliefs is widespread and not relegated to religious persons. I have no such ambitions, and most likely the reason why people do assume religious people have that attitude is because the ones that don't (and they are numerous) just don't see the point in harassing those that don't agree.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

neowild is offline Member
    I can't resist ...

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    No, the idea that individuals must all believe the same is what causes that damage to the world and to you. It isn't just a religious idea, it's all throughout humanity. The need to control others' thoughts and beliefs is widespread and not relegated to religious persons. I have no such ambitions, and most likely the reason why people do assume religious people have that attitude is because the ones that don't (and they are numerous) just don't see the point in harassing those that don't agree.
    I am not expecting anyone to believe everything that I do. However, there are a few, key beliefs that destroy us as a society. Why would I not want to show people this? Why would I not want to help people remove these beliefs from their repetoire?

I agree with the basics that believing you know the one right way is damaging to the world and to me. Ironically, I was already saying that this belief is implanted within the modern religion's belief system, whether you see it or not. I am not saying my way is the one right way. I am saying there are thousands of acceptable, right ways out there. The clear wrong way is the one which you are believing.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    When it comes to religion I follow the 80/20 rule...... This whole thread is what I find some damn funny about the "Paleo Diet" or "Primal Blueprint". Who gives a rats arse about what cavemen ate, nobody knows. Just like nobody knows what is written in the bible is true or not. None of us were around back then. You can choose to belive or not, that is a personal choice. Living Primal has nothing to do with a caveman or someone living in Mesopotamia.

Please stop seeing this lifestyle as a Prehistoric renactment, its not. It is about living a healthly lifestyle that uses whole natural foods to substain us, as are bodies were created or evolved to consume. I hate the threads like "Did Grok do this or that...." Who cares. Eat well, be happy and Grok on......

Peace love out......
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by neowild View Post
    I can't resist ...

I will definitely give you that one!

I do wonder, though, how much of that had to do with theology and how much was more using religion as a tool for power.

I am not expecting anyone to believe everything that I do. However, there are a few, key beliefs that destroy us as a society. Why would I not want to show people this? Why would I not want to help people remove these beliefs from their repetoire?

I agree with the basics that believing you know the one right way is damaging to the world and to me. Ironically, I was already saying that this belief is implanted within the modern religion's belief system, whether you see it or not. I am not saying my way is the one right way. I am saying there are thousands of acceptable, right ways out there. The clear wrong way is the one which you are believing.
    I'm not so sure on the "one right way" thing. That may be why I've left a couple of churches myself, because I could see extenuating circumstances in nearly every situation, and not all religions or denominations agree that there is such a thing. But then again, some do.

Again, I don't see that mine is "the clear wrong way". I don't see that yours is either. I just think trying to convince me I'm wrong assumes you have more and/or better information than I do. We have different information and therefore have different beliefs.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I'm not so sure on the "one right way" thing. That may be why I've left a couple of churches myself, because I could see extenuating circumstances in nearly every situation, and not all religions or denominations agree that there is such a thing. But then again, some do.

Again, I don't see that mine is "the clear wrong way". I don't see that yours is either. I just think trying to convince me I'm wrong assumes you have more and/or better information than I do. We have different information and therefore have different beliefs.
    If you claim your religion in any serious way at all, the previous harmful memes that I talked about are going to be part of your belief system. That is my leap of assumption with your beliefs. If you claim you believe in a god, but you don't believe in a bible or text related to this 'god'....then you aren't really believing any part of that religion. You just created your own where you can be superstitious about anything you want because you write the rules to this new religion.

So, I can't go through an entire list of beliefs with people that want to create their own religions. All I can say is that these harmful memes exist, and they are prevalent everywhere you look in our society. East to west, north to south, theist to atheist. My battle is not against the conept of a god (animists have gods...). My battle is against the general religion of our soceity. I'm arguing with anyone that claims theism in our society because, if they did not make up their own shit while removing ALL the bad memes (highly unlikely unless they believe something like science or animism), I can say with 100% confidence that they are full of shit.

As I already mentioned, I understand why religion happens. It's for mental wellbeing. If you need a religion in your life to be happy, that is fine and actually natural at the end of the day. That's where I come in and say "Back off this conventional wisdom, modern theism crap that is destroying the world. Believe in the gods of science HOWEVER you choose to look at it.... Not everyone has to be Einstein. Some can be sun worshippers or bear worshippers."
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    When it comes to religion I follow the 80/20 rule...... This whole thread is what I find some damn funny about the "Paleo Diet" or "Primal Blueprint". Who gives a rats arse about what cavemen ate, nobody knows. Just like nobody knows what is written in the bible is true or not. None of us were around back then. You can choose to belive or not, that is a personal choice. Living Primal has nothing to do with a caveman or someone living in Mesopotamia.

Please stop seeing this lifestyle as a Prehistoric renactment, its not. It is about living a healthly lifestyle that uses whole natural foods to substain us, as are bodies were created or evolved to consume. I hate the threads like "Did Grok do this or that...." Who cares. Eat well, be happy and Grok on......

Peace love out......
    This thread is not about the Primal Blueprint or the Paleo Diet. This is in the Odds and Ends section where we discuss other stuff.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    This thread is not about the Primal Blueprint or the Paleo Diet. This is in the Odds and Ends section where we discuss other stuff.
    Apparently you have a problem with staying on topic, go back and read the first post......
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

wiltondeportes Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Apparently you have a problem with staying on topic, go back and read the first post......
    Threads are not so holy that you have to always respond only to the very first post in it. Conversations happen after that point, and sometimes the conversations move away from the original point.

I made all these posts in a thread which asked for the oppposite of who I am, but it's hard for me to truly be sorry when I feel like my voice had to be heard.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast