Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! page

Warmbear is offline Senior Member

Gaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Shop Now
    I hate people sometimes. They see me and the way my eating works, they see the weight I have lost and the health I have. They know I had diabetes and blood pressure issues but they would rather go on weight watchers or become a vegetarian because they have cholesterol problems. I show them the data, the studies, the findings, they see me and still they go oh no I cant do that, too much cholesterol is bad, all that meat is fattening and what will I do without bread and pasta, oh no I dont want to get sick from low blood sugar.

Does no one listen? People are so brain washed they cant see truth that is right in front of them. My best friend still says all this meat and fat is making me gain weight and going to give me heart problems.... I have lost 50 lbs in a cpl of months and I am going to get fat????? His ex wife says I am malnourished from lack of essential nutrients in grains.

Sigh, some days I think the plague would be a good idea, there is no hope for most people.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

I always tell people to show me what nutrients are in grains that aren't more readily bioavailable through meats, veggies and fruit.

They try but can never find what these magical nutrients are. :-)

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Going paleo/primal has probably saved me from an early death. I was obese. My grandmother (diabetes and atherosclerosis) died from a heart attack at 56, my mother (diabetes,HBP and obesity) died of stroke at 52 and my sister (diabetes and morbidly obese) died at 56 from a clot in her lungs. After I educated myself by reading quite a few books and listening to almost every paleo/primal podcast I could I felt really confident this lifestyle is legit. Now, when you experience this breakthrough you want to share it with friends and family. Your friends and family have been programmed by their doctors, the government, "health" organiztions, the "news", their schooling, etc for their entire lifetime. It is impossible for them to understand the message you try and give them. They cannot understand unless they are willing to investigate for themselves. My experience is that the majority of people are never going to be inclined to take responsibility for their health. I used to get very frustrated like you when trying to converse with people about the paleo/primal life. I don't care anymore. I cannot help anyone who does not care to help their self.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I know it's frustrating to watch the people you love either attempt some bound to fail diet or do nothing, even though they've witnessed your health improve eating paleo. I have a good friend that lost 40 lbs. 2yrs. ago eating paleo and has since gained it back, now she wants to try and get in shape again and instead she's doing a 21 day "cleanse" with her Zumba group. All these ladies have to buy a certain book and they will get together once a week to discuss their progress. She described the diet to me and it sounded almost okay except that it had no protein or fat. How is that supposed to work? Mind you none of my family or friends that I've told about the paleo diet has bothered to read any books on the subject or visit MDA. I'm done telling them about it.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmbear View Post
    I hate people sometimes. They see me and the way my eating works, they see the weight I have lost and the health I have. They know I had diabetes and blood pressure issues but they would rather go on weight watchers or become a vegetarian because they have cholesterol problems. I show them the data, the studies, the findings, they see me and still they go oh no I cant do that, too much cholesterol is bad, all that meat is fattening and what will I do without bread and pasta, oh no I dont want to get sick from low blood sugar.

Does no one listen? People are so brain washed they cant see truth that is right in front of them. My best friend still says all this meat and fat is making me gain weight and going to give me heart problems.... I have lost 50 lbs in a cpl of months and I am going to get fat????? His ex wife says I am malnourished from lack of essential nutrients in grains.

Sigh, some days I think the plague would be a good idea, there is no hope for most people.

I feel less lonely now... And a little more sane knowing it's not just me feeling that way.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like the time I tried to explain to my friend about the benefits of raw dairy.

"No thanks. I'll stick to pasteurized and not die from tainted bacteria."

Ugh.

And don't even get me STARTED on my sister's vegan fiancee.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Sounds like the time I tried to explain to my friend about the benefits of raw dairy.

"No thanks. I'll stick to pasteurized and not die from tainted bacteria."

Ugh.

And don't even get me STARTED on my sister's vegan fiancee.

No, please start. I love it when others vent.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Don't try to fix anyone else. It is all about you. Do it for yourself. When others are ready point them here.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    I hate people sometimes.
    Sometimes?

there is no hope for most people.
    this one

Buffdv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Don't try to fix anyone else. It is all about you. Do it for yourself. When others are ready point them here.
    I agree. One of my favorite quotes of all time:

ahem
    "Just remember, there's a right way and a wrong way to do everything and the wrong way is to keep trying to make everybody else do it the right way."
    Col. Potter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast