Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Gaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! page 9

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    I like arguing with people that are wrong on the internet. I guess you prefer a nice big circle jerk though where everyone just agrees with everything you believe.
    I wish I had your spare time, then I'd log on vegan sites and troll away.
    Fortunately I've got better things to do.

What about you?
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    Since you quoted me~
    1. My Google works the same as everybody else's.
    2. I have better things to do than feed the resident troll.
    3. I'm 62~ the *moral high ground* got flattened out a couple of decades ago~ frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.
    You cannot be willing to claim superiority, or be dismissive of others beliefs, if you don't have the evidence to back your stance up. Its really that simple.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    You cannot be willing to claim superiority, or be dismissive of others beliefs, if you don't have the evidence to back your stance up. Its really that simple.
    Here's some evidence. The China Study is often held up as being THE definitive scientific study demonstrating the rightness of vegetarianism.

Denise Minger eviscerates the faulty analysis that went into the original study, and also along the way, highlights that the data shows wheat in particular in a very bad light.

Reading through Denise's china study posts is not for the faint of heart, but I found it to be fairly entertaining and very informative.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    Where did I claim superiority? Dismiss other's beliefs? JimHensen has a long history here of dismissing PB, I will not argue my personal experiences against his. The only real evidence I have is the same as everyone else's~ how PB affects us. All the research, studies, opinions of the medical profession mean nothing compared to that.

Besides, you know as well as the rest here, most 'studies' reflect the position of the sponsor~ and for the most part, that's CW.

Here~ you want my proof? Read this thread~ http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post875953
    Last edited by Nady; 06-28-2012 at 02:42 AM.

Bananabonobo is offline Senior Member
    i hate this "doctors know stuff" crap that society as produced. standard rants now as follows:
    -doctors don't do their own research, they learn the same interesting stuff that anyone else can, and they follow and preach public policy the same way you do. (i have one older GP friend who was like "paleo what? oh that's interesting. all i know now is that i just tell my patients what NHS policy says to tell them." i have another A&E - ER to americans - doctor friend who went paleo on my advice and thinks this is fucking awesome and totally supported in the literature. neither one has done any hands-on nutritional, biochemical, or epidemiological studies of their own. it's just not part of the curriculum.) DOCTORS ARE NOT GODS, PEOPLE.
    -people don't know how to think anymore because science education in the west sucks. science is not about memorizing facts. good science is about good experimental design, statistical analysis, interpretation, and designing more experiments to test the interpretation. it's also about giving up on interpretations that don't hold water. do they teach you this in school? no.

(getting off soapbox)

doghug is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bananabonobo View Post
    (getting off soapbox)
    lol
    " If you truly love nature you will find beauty everywhere"

- Vincent Van Gogh

Primal Since January 2011

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    Post the research.
    MDA, the main site to this forum (just click on the big banner at the top of the page or "start here" and read through articles), has lots of this research. He links to a variety of sources on these topics, and has done a lot of the hard work for us. Of course, always go find some more research for yourself.

I get the feeling you just have an argumentative spirit about you. I bet you'll argue about that too. But I am sincerely curious why you are here if you have such views. Are you trying to convert us? Good luck getting anyone here to go back to grains who have seen such fantastic results. You are using up a lot of energy that could be better spent on something positive and productive.

Is it just me or does this forum in general get negative most of the time? I'm surprised at how hostle people are. Perhaps it comes from the constant battles we face against CW. But why do we attack each other? I am also noting the huuuge variety of what primal/paleo is to some people.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

greatestgood is offline Junior Member
    This is weirdness to me. I'm primal, and I feel much better since stopping the grains. However, jimhensen's posts don't bother me. I like a little disagreement. Skepticism is good, and it's what got most of us to this point, yes? Besides, nothing he's written is nearly (like, in the same universe) as offensive as saying he wishes SAD would just work faster at killing people off.

Maybe there's just big huge history I'm missing.

And hi, y'all. It's my first post.

Artichoke is offline Senior Member
    NHS doctors are not allowed to give advice against NHS policy as they can be fired for that. Drs John Briffa and Charles V Clark in London are in private practice. So though my GP is supportive he can't recommend my diet to anyone else even though he's really really pleased that my blood glucose is now normal though I have type 2 diabetes and that I'm down from UK size 22 to UK size 14. All my health markers are good, he's seeing this working for himself. No one else in his practice had diabetes as bad as mine and no-one else has gone down from high BG to normal, he told me.

I was diagnosed with sight-threatening retinopathy but in between diagnosis and visit to consultant my eyes actually improved thanks to my diet. Consultant said he wished that more of his patients were as invested in their own health as me and told me if I kept it up, there was a good chance my eyes would heal themselves. He was the first healthcare professional I have encountered (other than my doctor) to be supportive !

In the UK people revere the NHS and it's as much a part of our country as HM the Queen. So people are brainwashed unfortunately and I've given up trying to tell people about low carb even in my family. They are seeing me getting thinner and healthier and still don't believe.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789