Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those who eat small meals page

geostump is offline Senior Member

For those who eat small meals

Shop Now
    I have a question for people who eat several small meals throughout the day. How do you do it? I'm trying to figure out how to do this while eating primal. Anyone have any meal plans they'd like to share?

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Why would you want to? It's way less convenient than eating 0-3 larger meals, and probably worse for your metabolism in the long-run. Also, is it really that difficult to figure out?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    something like that:

4 am - get up
    7 am: coffee and 1 tbsp of coconut oil or 5 brazil nuts or greek yogurt/quark
    10 am: 2 eggs in a cup of bone broth
    2 pm: 150 g of meat with 1 cup egg white and/or 1-2 eggs with 0.5-1 cup of egg white
    4-5 pm: cabbage, can of tuna or an egg or lean ham or egg white or whatever
    6-7 pm: 300 g of mashed cauliflower or salad (no dressing) with 150-200 g of grilled meat or boiled fish with bock-Choi
    7-8 pm: tea with non-fat greek yogurt or quark or coconut milk (with salt or lemon juice, stevia and coco powder) or almond butter or cheese
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

I work second shift so automatically, my scheduled is jacked up. People like you are what make the forums here crap. Thanks for the not so helpful advice.

I'm up between 9-10AM and don't go to bed until 12:30 or 1 AM the next morning.

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    Hi Georgette, I do better with smaller meals and a snack between if needed since I get full quickly. You can look at my journal for what I generally eat. This is totally n=1 and I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, YMMV. My guess is that this may be different for metabolically healthy people vs. someone that's trying to heal their metabolism (e.g., thyroid or adrenal issues).
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I work second shift so automatically, my scheduled is jacked up. People like you are what make the forums here crap. Thanks for the not so helpful advice.
    Wouldn't that make the inconvenience of several small meals worse? Eat a meal before work and a meal after. What am I missing here? Your question makes no sense to me.

Sorry to hear the forums here are crap. I kinda like 'em. Ergo, I'm a crapliker. See, that's how logic works...

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    And it's always the people who are new here that come along and do that.

My schedule varies. Generally I AM able to do 2-3 meals a day and I'm fine. But on days when I'm running around more and my day is less structured, I'm apt to go to more of the several smaller meals type of eating. When I do that it tends to be easy things like hardboiled eggs, cold meats sliced to finger-food size, raw veggies, sliced cheese, nuts. I actually really love meals like this. Even we are on the regular schedule, we often have a "snacky" lunch of stuff like this. The other thing is salads with meat since I find those very filling.
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    My schedule varies. Generally I AM able to do 2-3 meals a day and I'm fine. But on days when I'm running around more and my day is less structured, I'm apt to go to more of the several smaller meals type of eating. When I do that it tends to be easy things like hardboiled eggs, cold meats sliced to finger-food size, raw veggies, sliced cheese, nuts. I actually really love meals like this. Even we are on the regular schedule, we often have a "snacky" lunch of stuff like this. The other thing is salads with meat since I find those very filling.
    I have been eating primarily 2 meals a day but I am not seeing any kind of loss whatsoever. Plus, I have to start back on birth control Monday, I have no choice for the time being and I can barely lose anything on the pill. My doctor is recommending this for health reasons right now. I dont' eat after I get home at all. I don't like to do so since I pretty go straight to bed most nights.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Ugh, ignore the grumpies... Humor them, maybe they are hurting deep down inside from something that makes them want to stir trouble .

Everyone has to tweak PB for where they are health wise, financially,emotionally, and so on. It is not going to look the same for everyone. So listen to your body and do what you need to.

I for one have to eat small meals because I can't fit it all in my tummy. I get full so fast!! I had to use digestive enzymes to work my way up from getting full after 5 bites to eating 2 burger patties over a small bit of salad. I'm still working on larger meals so I can go without snacks.

That being said, I feel like I'm in the kitchen all day long. Make ahead meals are good... Like making some burger patties and having them in the frige to heat up later. You have to figure out what foods you can eat (ie I cant a bunch of stuff because of auto-immune protocol), and figure out short cuts to make them convenient for you.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast