Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I need help...seriously...I need help......sighs page 3

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by DanWebster View Post
    Metric what other forms of fats do you feel i should be adding? I leave and enjoy all the chicken skin I can get, recently tried chicharonne (sp)...enjoyed that.....I cook with a lot of butter and coconut oil, lots of avocado and as well other animal fats. Just curious as to what other sources of fat you are using?

as well asking about coconut milk..I love the stuff...but am i sabotaging myself by consuming too much? I go through about 1-3 cans a week usually.
    I generally use bacon and its fat, butter, cream, avocados, avocado and olive oil. I eat chicken with it's skin and eat the fatty parts on the cuts of meat too.

So, you seems to be doing well with fats (it just wasn't clear when you originally posted). I'm not sure about the coconut milk. I use cream instead of coconut milk for coffee and with berries. I was using the 35% cream, but cut it down to the 10% or 18% cream. I also stopped putting it in with my berries for this month because I was consuming too much cream that way. So, as long as you don't think it's too much, keep going; otherwise, you could try cutting it down a bit and see how that goes.

Have you only been weighing yourself and not measuring? I find weighing to be very inaccurate way to determine progress. Your body composition could be changing and you could remain the same weight. I would suggest measuring. I do both. One week I lost no weight but lost 1 inch.

What I suggest is that you start yourself a food / exercise journal on here and write down everything you eat. It's a good way to review and could help find some spots that need some work. Have you checked out my food journal? There are a few meals that aren't primal in there (went out for dinner), so just skip those ones. I often eat the same things day in and out, but I eat what I like and I've seen good progress so far.

As far as meals go and to avoid snacking, make sure you're getting enough protein and fat in each meal and include some low-carb veggies. My first meal today (when I eat it) will likely be 4 whole eggs fried in bacon fat, 3-4 strips of bacon and 1/3 - 1/2 cucumber, with a coffee with some whole milk and water. After this, I will likely be satisfied until about 7pm (sometimes later). Tonight for dinner, I'm having cheeseburgers (sans bun) with a salad with homemade ceasar dressing and then likely some coco nibs or 71.8% callets and a glass of dry red wine and water. If I'm hungry after that, I'll eat another meal. No snacking. If I'm not hungry for a full meal, I'm not hungry. Snacking calories can easily add up and could be pushing you over the edge of too many calories (I'm not saying this is what's happening) especially when snacking on stuff like nuts.
    Last edited by Metric; 06-25-2012 at 11:38 AM.

DanWebster is offline Member
    hmmm interesting, ok so for lunch today I had 3 eggs fried in butter with half a coconut bread round (make the bread by mixing 3 tblspoons butter, 2 eggs, 1/4teaspoon baking powder and 1.5 tablespoons of coconut flour)..the bread had a whack of butter on it as well...i am stuffed and satisfied and do not expect to be hungry till around 6-7pm where i have planned grilled pork chops, steamed cauliflower with butter and mashed carrots with butter ( I know carrots are somewhat of a no no....) we plan to swim tonight as a family and i most likely will do some underwater running/swimming as well as the usual rough housing etc. I plan to have a coconut water after swimming.

how is this sounding??

Metric is offline Senior Member
    hmmm interesting, ok so for lunch today I had 3 eggs fried in butter with half a coconut bread round (make the bread by mixing 3 tblspoons butter, 2 eggs, 1/4teaspoon baking powder and 1.5 tablespoons of coconut flour)..the bread had a whack of butter on it as well...i am stuffed and satisfied and do not expect to be hungry till around 6-7pm where i have planned grilled pork chops, steamed cauliflower with butter and mashed carrots with butter ( I know carrots are somewhat of a no no....) we plan to swim tonight as a family and i most likely will do some underwater running/swimming as well as the usual rough housing etc. I plan to have a coconut water after swimming.

how is this sounding??
    I personally don't eat any flours (I know coconut flour is primal and has it's place occasionally, but I wouldn't make this a regular part of my diet, personally). I would have preferred to see some meat and veggies with your 3 eggs. Your dinner sounds great, carrots included. Carrots are 100% primal. Sure, when compared to some other veggies, they are higher in carbs, but they have a lot of vitamins and are (IMO) a hell of a lot more primal than coconut flour. Maybe only eat a bit of them and eat more of the cauliflower if you want to watch your calorie intake. The exercise plan looks good. I don't know anything about coconut water, maybe someone else can jump in on that one.

I usually have 3-4 strips of bacon with that meal and an avocado...but I ran out..hence the coconut bread...I do not eat it often...only when i find that I am craving the mouth feel of bread.

mikezentz is offline Member
    other fats I get are cooking with lots of butter, coconut oil or olive oil.

I like the short burst exercise idea..i will try to include some of those in my day. I have also decided that now that the days are much longer here I will add in a 15-20 minute skateboard ride each night.

If possible I would love it if one of you could give me like a 3 day example of your menu as well as exercise....just so i can see what others are doing and what is working. seems like I am missing something.
    Here is a very loose example of my typical meals and workouts. The meals are not really at any set time.

Breakfast (between 6am-11am)
    Coffee
    Omelett with bacon, onions, avacado, turnip, peppers, and tomato.

Lunch: (between 11am-3pm)
    Seafood & Salad. I usually put the cooked fish in my salad.

Dinner: (between 4pm-11pm
    Chicken/Beef for meat with lots of fresh vegetables. To be honest dinner really varies.

Exercise:
    I walk or ride a bike everywhere I go which is pretty easy to do in my city. For workouts I usually go hiking/jogging and incorporate MovNat type exercises into my jog. Lots of vine climbing, rock jumping, crawling, etc. I'm usually sore for a few days after. I wait until I am no longer sore and then do it again. Usually about 3 days. I try to sprint twice a month and swim at the beach as often as I can.

So here it is broken down PBF style
    Move around a lot at a slow pace: I walk or ride a bike everywhere I go and always take the stairs.
    Lift heavy things: Climbing trees, jumping, throwing boulders, etc about 2-3 times per week.
    Run really fast every once in a while: I sprint twice a month or more if I'm not sore.
    Play: My wife and I play tennis together and we enjoy bodysurfing whenever we both have the day off.

Oh and it helps to stand more often at home and work. If you can get a standing desk at home that will help a lot if you can't afford it try squatting on your chair at your desk (at home not work lol).

thanks Mike, good examples i appreciate it.

so this was my last 12-18 hours...after work last night (5pm) went home and wrestled with my boys and then gave them a light dinner...we then, at 6pm, headed to the pool and splashed, swam, went of the board etc till 745. My boys are 19 months old and this was their first real time swimming..they did fantastic...splashed a lot, jumped off the side of the pool, kicked their feet and tried to swim...dunked their heads underwater and generally had a good time.

Came home and put the boys to bed after a snack of apples and then had our dinner. I had 2 large thick pork chops, a huge helping of mashed garlic cauliflower with butter and huge helping sliced steamed carrots with butter and an avocado.

Did some work around the house, built some bed frames etc then to sleep at 1030.

this morning at 630 went out to a local lake. warmed up with a light sand/water jog and then did some beach sprints...30 yards (60 yards total sprint there and back) did that 5 times as hard as I could go in the deep sand and rain, then found a big rock and tossed that around for awhile....then home to shower and off to work. i am still not hungry...i considered eating this morning to try it but i was feeling so good and still feeling full that i knew it would just make me feel ill.

For lunch today i plan on a large omelet...haven't planned dinner yet.

so, how is that sounding?

Lunch was 4 eggs scrambled with peppers and onions cooked in butter, 4 strips of bacon and an apple.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    You sound like you're doing loads of exercise - could this be why your energy levels have not improved? Make sure you give yourself one day off a week to rest! I just took two weeks off from Yoga and I'm astounded by how much stronger and more flexible I am.

I can't share a food plan with you because I'm still finding my way, but I can say one thing about coconut water - unless it's fresh out of the nut, don't drink it. It's delicious and refreshing, but it's full of sugar. It's not necessarily contributing to your plateau, but it's addictive and definitely not primal.

Keep us updated on any developments in your weight or energy! Good luck.

hmm interesting, the coconut water i have has no sugar in it....

I don't do a lot of exercise..at least not what i consider a lot....I try to stay active or in motion...but i sit for 8 hours a day and that makes me need to move. lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast