Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not for me............... page 2

CarlyR is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You're right and we're all wrong. Thanks for gracing us with your presence, if only momentarily. Bye.

WOW! Sorry I didn't word my post right. I am super frustrated and posted as such, if I didn't care I wouldn't have posted. I get that PB is not about losing weight, rather a was a eating for life, but I am obese and at risk of a host of health problems (though right now I am PERFECTLY healthy, no numbers to worry about). So yes, my main goal is to lose weight.

Thank you to the people who offered support. The the rest of you, who made you the PB god?

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    I'll second (or third, or fourth?) the carb flu and water weight gain comments. Stick it out for a little longer.

But, if you must go... are we allowed to eat the people that quit PB?
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    But, if you must go... are we allowed to eat the people that quit PB?
    Yeah, but if they didn't eat PB long enough to balance their O3:O6 ratios, you have to count it as your 20%. I hear they taste like pork.

CarlyR is offline Junior Member
    I am still interested in this way of diet, I should have worded my post better, as I am just really frustrated. I am still waiting for Mark's books to arrive. However, if I have over 100 lbs to lose would gaining weight be acceptable when eating healthy.

DanWebster is offline Member
    Carly I can understand your frustration, i am frustrated as well and having a similar experience. I do think it is worth it to stick with it...maybe both of us need to be even more diligent with our food choices...and up the activity levels. Don't quit...it will help.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I am still waiting for Mark's books to arrive.
    You don't get to pretend it didn't work until you actually try it. *sigh* List your foods. We will help.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Lissee is right - try taking magnesium every day. It does wonders for migraines and brain health in general.

The others are right too. You probably just have carb flu, which is probably why you got the migraine too. After a couple of weeks (assuming you keep it clean and don't eat sugar or grains) you should feel better than when you started and you'll lose the water weight your body is fighting to keep.

Trust me. It really is worth it.

In the mean time, just keep reading the "Start Here" posts linked to at the top of each page. They'll tell you pretty much everything you need to start and stick with it. And the closer to 100% that you stick to it, the better you'll come through at the end of the carb flu.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    The headaches will go. I did South beach, Atkins, etc., but until I read Mark's book about healthy fats, like on a huge pc of grassfed steak, I couldn't stick with it. Another great new book, It Starts with Food, will teach you what you need to know.

If you restrict your carbs at first until you're at your ideal weight, I guarantee you will lose weight. Exercise everyday and drink loads of filtered water. You can do it, I did. 25 lbs ago I thought oh yeah, another no grains or sugar diet, but it's so much more. It's the fats, like my beloved ghee, that keep you satisfied.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    It works, but you have to be a lot more patient than it sounds like you have been. You can't say you tried it until you read the whole book and gave it a month. Otherwise all you did was stop eating bread for a few days. I (basically) guarantee if you try it for a full month and don't snack on nuts and cheese, you won't gain weight during that time.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'm not sure why you are convinced that a 2 lb weight gain is all fat. That could easily be explained by constipation or various other factors.

My weight fluctuates by more than that from day to day.

Don't give up yet. I didn't lose any weight during the first month, and then I lost 14 lbs during the following two.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast