Thread: Any metabolic adavantages to being heat-acclimatized? page

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member

Any metabolic adavantages to being heat-acclimatized?

Primal Fuel
    I read in the newspaper (no references) that your body switches to burning more fat than carbs as you become heat adjusted.The high yesterday was 99oF.

I did my usual 3 mile walk home and felt fine. I didn't feel hot and sweaty until I got inside the air-conditioned building. For the past few super hot days, I've been getting up earlier even though I have AC.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    For the first time in my life I'm liking the heat, out yesterday 97 & humid and I didn't even put the AC on in the car. Is it the diet or the lost fat?

Although I still can't sleep in it, for that I crank the AC to "blanket required."
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    I now know what region of the US you live in. Thanks for that.

I read the same thing!

Dulcimina is offline Senior Member
    So are you enjoying the thunderstorms? It's my favorite kind of light show.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I would love to think it made a difference. The highs for the coming week are supposed to be 104F to 106F, and monsoon season is just a couple of weeks away.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I would love to think it made a difference. The highs for the coming week are supposed to be 104F to 106F, and monsoon season is just a couple of weeks away.
    Wait, Vegas has a monsoon season? Obviously I've never been there for that. I though I liked warm weather, but I'll stick with my 80F everyday =).
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Wait, Vegas has a monsoon season? Obviously I've never been there for that. I though I liked warm weather, but I'll stick with my 80F everyday =).
    Yep. Most of July and August, but not every day. It just rolls in and stays for a day or two, then goes away for a while. Rain suddenly out of nowhere, flashfloods, humidity... it's a joy. Then the sun comes out and all that rain gets sucked up into the air like a sauna.

There was one day when I first moved here that we literally got 4 inches of rain in 20 minutes. It was a little scary because I happened to be driving down the road with my kids in the car when it hit. All you could do was stop where you were and hope everyone else did too. I couldn't see more than a few inches in front of me, so not even the hood of my own car. I've never seen anything like it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    I am a total lizard. We live inland in Nor. Cal and it gets bloody hot here in the summer, but cools down at night. I actually love the 90-99 degree range the best. It is only unpleasant once we climb into the 100's. It stays pretty dry though and we have tons of lakes and mountains to go play in on those 118 degree days.