Thread: to much kombutcha tea? page

chriswbread is offline Junior Member

to much kombutcha tea?

Primal Fuel
    I make homemade kombutcha tea and I think I'm drinking to much. I drink roughly a whole bottle of grouch bottle a day, sometimes more. I ferment it for 10days with a further 4 days bottled. It hardly gets fizzy so I think the sugar content is low. I'm just a bit worried about the carbs. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I was going to post the same question today - so I'm interested to hear opinions. I'm not brewing my own right now (damn expensive habit!) but am in love with the bottled stuff right now.

I'm wondering if there a big drawbacks other than the caffeine?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I have been making my own and drinking tons of it. I have not gained a pound or felt like I am getting sugar. I ferment mine for seven days at 73.5 degrees, with an additional 2-3 days after bottling, if it lasts that long. Just know that if it tastes like vinegar, it likely has very little sugar left. You are cheating yourself of fizz by trying to reduce sugar. You don't drink the sugar, the scoby and yeasts do, to make CO2 and carbonate your drink. Add the full cup! I do 3/4 cup of white sugar and a tbsp. of organic blackstrap molasses to beef up the scoby.

Caffeine is not a drawback if you are of neanderthal ancestry.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

chriswbread is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I have been making my own and drinking tons of it. I have not gained a pound or felt like I am getting sugar. I ferment mine for seven days at 73.5 degrees, with an additional 2-3 days after bottling, if it lasts that long. Just know that if it tastes like vinegar, it likely has very little sugar left. You are cheating yourself of fizz by trying to reduce sugar. You don't drink the sugar, the scoby and yeasts do, to make CO2 and carbonate your drink. Add the full cup! I do 3/4 cup of white sugar and a tbsp. of organic blackstrap molasses to beef up the scoby.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. My slight weight increase must be over snacking on nuts and seeds I will give em a miss for a month and see what happens.

I have had success with the nuts by limiting myself to a small bag per week on grocery day, usually hazelnuts. This way, I get the nutrition and fun munching without the daily threat of weight gain. I, too, gain body fat quickly on nuts. I think we're meant to, because it makes seasonal sense.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

I
    What does that mean?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

JudyCr is offline Senior Member

Not to kiss your butt or anything, but you are just the coolest guy. I wish I lived next door to ya.
    I've gotta start doing this, store bought is pricey.

Most white people, Neanderthal x sapiens hybrids, especially Northern Europeans (and maybe Irish? I forget!) have a larger fraction of Neanderthal DNA than pure sapiens, from South Africa. Neanderthal camps were often stocked with potent herbs, caffeine and other stimulants were common fare according to some researchers. If Neanderthals, as a species, developed alongside these favorite plants, then it makes sense for the brain and body to function better with caffeine. Speculation, I know. But when you look around, you'll find links to autism and ADD, and how stimulants and high-protein diets help alleviate some symptoms, and the picture begins to paint itself. Smart, anti-social white people (high in Neanderthal genes) make babies with other smart anti-social white people, and the Neanderthal genes concentrate. Go. Read.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Most white people, Neanderthal x sapiens hybrids, especially Northern Europeans (and maybe Irish? I forget!) have a larger fraction of Neanderthal DNA than pure sapiens, from South Africa. Neanderthal camps were often stocked with potent herbs, caffeine and other stimulants were common fare according to some researchers. If Neanderthals, as a species, developed alongside these favorite plants, then it makes sense for the brain and body to function better with caffeine. Speculation, I know. But when you look around, you'll find links to autism and ADD, and how stimulants and high-protein diets help alleviate some symptoms, and the picture begins to paint itself. Smart, anti-social white people (high in Neanderthal genes) make babies with other smart anti-social white people, and the Neanderthal genes concentrate. Go. Read.
    Interesting. I'm Irish and Austrian and caffeine really messes me up - I guess my neanderthal DNA is slacking on the job!

Don't know! Mostly a theory! Works for me, though. Or maybe I just won't put down the coffee until they pry it from my cold, dead, strong fingers.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug: