Thread: Anybody Attend UCLA and see the recent Alumni Magazine on the Vegan Campus? page

JeffC is offline Senior Member

Anybody Attend UCLA and see the recent Alumni Magazine on the Vegan Campus?

Here it is. The Vegan Campus - Feature - UCLA Magazine Online

This has to be one of the most one sided articles ever. The author never quotes from a single contrary authority or gives any contrary opinions, the general theme is give up meat or you are a horrible person. Ironically it makes claims about vegetarians being healthier but then the cover photo to the print magazine has a picture of a big styrofoam container of soda pop, as if that would never make anybody fat or there was no environmental destruction from growing corn for high fructose corn syrup.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    It's CA....
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Why do people think everything in the news has to have quotes from the contrary point of view? That's just silly. It's like thinking everything in the news is actually real news and not advertising copy, which is what most of it is, if it's not just entertainment.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Why do people think everything in the news has to have quotes from the contrary point of view? That's just silly. It's like thinking everything in the news is actually real news and not advertising copy, which is what most of it is, if it's not just entertainment.
    I agree and expect as much from certain publications/webpages. I expect Mother Jones and the Utne Reader to be left wing and I expect the Wall Street Journal Editorials and Fox News to be right wing. I did not expect such behavior from an alumni magazine, especially one from a college I attended. Even a paragraph of contrary view would have made me feel better about it. I don't need much to make me feel an article is "fair and balanced" but I need something.
    Last edited by JeffC; 06-21-2012 at 07:54 PM.