Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Matt Stone is dangerous page

Moochy is online now Senior Member

I think Matt Stone is dangerous

Shop Now
    He has a video up saying essentially type II diabetes is caused by stress. Whatever. He then goes on to prescribe if you are type II diabetic you should eat lots of carbs and sleep. That is just downright insane for an individual who has impaired glucose control and almost certainly a pancreas with diminished beta cell capacity. Carb loading for a diabetic will elevate their sugar. Seriously that is just downright criminal to prescribe this garbage to type II diabetics. The guy is a nut case.

link
    Last edited by Moochy; 06-21-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Link?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Wrenwood is offline Senior Member
    I'd never heard of Matt Stone before now so got curious, googled and found this link:
    Glucose Clearance – 180 Degree Health

Better minds here than mine can refute his logic, I just know I get fat eating carbs and I get skinnier not eating them. Um, and my A1C after four months on a CW healthy diet with lots of grains was borderline diabetic.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57034.html

"...since our orthodox theories have not saved us we may have to readjust them to bring them into harmony with Nature's laws. Nature must be obeyed, not orthodoxy." Weston A. Price

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Matt Stone isn't dangerous, stupid gullible blog-readers are
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Fletch666 is offline Senior Member
    I thought you were talking about the guy from South Park.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    He has a video up saying essentially type II diabetes is caused by stress. Whatever. He then goes on to prescribe if you are type II diabetic you should eat lots of carbs and sleep. That is just downright insane for an individual who has impaired glucose control and almost certainly a pancreas with diminished beta cell capacity. Carb loading for a diabetic will elevate their sugar. Seriously that is just downright criminal to prescribe this garbage to type II diabetics. The guy is a nut case.

link
    He is dispensing HORRIBLE advice. This is akin to telling an anorexic that food-intake restriction is the road to recovery.

wiltondeportes Guest
    I do find the "stress causing Type 2 Diabetes" part very interesting though. After running through all the different tests and researching possible causes for diabetics, my uncle's Type 2 Diabetes appears to have been solely caused by stress.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I do find the "stress causing Type 2 Diabetes" part very interesting though. After running through all the different tests and researching possible causes for diabetics, my uncle's Type 2 Diabetes appears to have been solely caused by stress.
    How can you determine that your uncle's type II diabetes was caused by stress? I'm curious.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    How can you determine that your uncle's type II diabetes was caused by stress? I'm curious.
    We read zillions of books, although he read more than me. He just didn't have any other risk factors. He's been into health for a long, long time.

Plus, he had stress in his life for about 10-15 years that was quite extreme at times. Death, worrying about his nephew who had crazy shit in his life (and he couldn't contact him), bankrupcty, violence from another one of his nephews, working nightshift as a prison guard and sometimes having to pull doubles (16 hour shifts) for a month at a time.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    A much better reasoning of various "stressors" that can cause insulin resistance/hyperinsulinemia... Paleo Diet, Inflammation and Metformin

Stone is a crock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast