Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Euro 2012 thread - Enjoy and Discuss - no racism please! page

halfbunny is offline Senior Member

New Euro 2012 thread - Enjoy and Discuss - no racism please!

Shop Now
    The other thread is closed, probably because of the unacceptable racism comments of one person.

But of course, EURO 2012 is still going strong and how!
    Quarter finals are on, Portugal against Czech republic still 0 - 0 ..

Lets discuss, predict and share our emotions of happiness and disappointed with respect!

0 - 1 for the Portuguese.. and Ronaldo fixes his hair every split second LOL. Everyone gots his quirks i guess

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Good call, half-bunny.

At least I can still read the closed thread and review SoccerGrok's prediction for this evening's match of Czech vs Portugal.

His prediction was 2:1 to Portugal. So good call, as the result was 1:0. Have to admit, I had not watched either team so far in this tournament (try to avoid fatigue early on), in spite of admiring Portugal.

I generally agree with SoccerGrok's predictions which were as follows:

Czech Republic v Portugal: 1-2 Portugal are too strong/fast for the Czechs, and have many more scoring threats.

Germany v Greece: 3-0 Nuff said on this one, as the Germans are solid from top to bottom, and Greece have very little scoring threat.

Spain v France: 2-0 Sorry, but Spain are just a class above and will frustrate France to no end.

England v Italy: 1-1 (England win on PKs and break curse:-) England will give up a goal, as their defense has been suspect, but will get one back through Rooney. PKs will finally go in their favor.
    But will call:

Germany vs Greece 2:0. Just saying that Germany won't over-exert themselves and will conserve their strength.

Spain vs France 2:0. Agreed.

And England vs Italy: 1:2. The Italians are more fluent and flambouyant in passing the ball, as ever. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see this match go to penalties... or is that golden goal?
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

spacey47 is offline Senior Member
    excellent performance from Ronaldo tonight again, people focus on his preening a lot but he is one hell of a fantastic player.

his movement, desire , speed and technique are amazing .............wish he was still at UNITED!

Hopefully Rooney can do the business against the Italians on Sunday

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Bunnies:-) I too was disappointed to have the thread(other one) go in the direction it did:-(

On a brighter note. Portugal took care of business as the Czechs really didn't put up much of a fight. They looked promising in the first half, and it seemed they might have got one, but alas not to happen. Second half was all Portugal, and to be fair deserved the win.

Paleo, you might be right that Germany will not over exert, but I still think they are much stronger all over and am sticking to my 3 nil result:-) Greece's biggest threat is in the air, and the Germans are just as big and strong in that dept.

Half, good call on the hair. Looks like an ad for pomeade:-)

Gotta rest up for tomorrow, but I'll hoist a pint for the both of ya! Deutschland, Deutschland, Deutschland!!!!!

SG out

I agree that Ronaldo has amazing natural talent and I admire that.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Yes. I agree with a penalties or extension match coming up soon..

The golden goal or sudden death does not exist anymore, its now an extension of the game by 2 x 15 minutes. It can even happen (and happened!) that the score goes from 1 - 1 to 2 - 1 in the first 15 minutes, than 2 -2 in the final 15 minutes..

I predict Greece will score at least 1 tonight, that one is for motivation and Greece and Germany are not exactly BFFs at the moment . Germany will win I think, but maybe they'll even need overtime (sorry, i desperately need to add soccer terminology to my English)
    Last edited by halfbunny; 06-22-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Duplicate post
    Last edited by halfbunny; 06-22-2012 at 12:47 AM.

mycon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by halfbunny View Post
    Yes. I agree with a penalties or extension match coming up soon..
    That's likely by default though, since soccer is such a relatively low-scoring game. A draw after 90 Minutes has roughly a probability of happening that ranges between 25%-30% (in most cases, obviously not in very lopsided games), so chances are that out of a total of 7 matches that need a winner a few will be extra-time matches.

OK so I predicted the goal difference between Germany and Greece. Greece did well there. A very creditable performance against Germany.

ETA: I underestimated Greece.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 06-22-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: ETA

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast