Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Euro 2012 thread - Enjoy and Discuss - no racism please! page 5

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Damn you for making me nervous by scoring first Italy.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Yep - I was so fucking right.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Go Italy - I am so looking forward to the final.

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    O my Balotelli.. He is a damn good player but too ripped to be healthy, for his age! (not that i mind watching )

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Well, what can I say, but congrats to both Spain and Italy!

I thought the Spain v Portugal game was going to give us more, but on the day I think the better team won. However, if Spain don't figure things out soon, the final may come as a shock to them. And sorry, but I can't resist. Whine-aldo didn't even get to factor in...HAHAHAHA!

Germany v Italy, WOW! My heart sunk on the first goal, and then faded on the second. Two great strikes that were definitely worthy on the big stage. Germany had their chances, but couldn't finish. I still hold my head high:-) Italy were the better and deserved team on the day. Congratulations to them. This is what makes tournament play sooooo exciting!

On to the final and what I predict:

As I said earlier, Spain had better produce or they will suffer the same fate as the Germans. Yes, on paper Spain are the stronger team, but that means nothing in tournament play. Obviously Italy defend very well, and they counter like no one.

Spain have the potential, but(and I can't believe I'm saying this. Sorry paleo-bunny;-) I think the Italians will win. They are on the front foot and have all the momentum going into the final. My prediction, Italy 2 Spain 1 Gotta love futbol.

What say the rest of you?

Soccergrok out

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    I feel for you Soccergrok! But hey, the Italians were playing much better yesterday so it wasn't undeserved

I'm afraid Italy will repeat the 2 - 0 (or 2 - 1 when including in game penalties ), Only IF Balotelli is fit again. When not, i fear for a 1 - 1 with penalties..

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Completely unreal game. Ballotelli isn't human. Both goals were well deserved and gorgeous though. Thought the PK for Germany was a bit soft at the end, but either way enjoyed watching the whole game.

I'm predicting Italy on top!

^ I agree with all 3 of you above :-)

Ballotelli is a legend. 2-1 to Italy. But I am not confident with this prediction. My mind has been blank all day in this regard. It only came to me about 20 minutes ago and when I read your prediction just now SoccerGrok then that instilled a little more confidence.

My feeling is that the first half may not see any goals, but that the second will be wild. Could go to penalties.

Oh feck ... I've been proved wrong already. Anything could happen. Great match though. Am a fan of Spain as well as Italy.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    First of all, let me congratulate Spain on a great performance. They came through and finally showed their true colors this tournament. Unfortunately, it came at the wrong time for the Italians, who I have to say, played valiantly through this tournament. Ordinarily, I don't have a lot of regard for the Italians(sorry paleo-bunny) and their style of play, but was very impressed with what they showed of late.

Had they capitalized on one of the few chances they had in the first half, it might have been a different game. It reminded me a lot of when Dino Zoff was Coaching. They were creative, and very free flowing. Prandelli deserves kudos for his job.

I felt horrible for them when Thiago-Motta came up lame with the hammie. I don't care who you support, a true futbol fan never wants to see that. Kudos to Italy and to all your supporters.

As for Spain, what can I say but DAMN! I even predicted they would lose. Guess I'll be eating Crow and a Big Shit burger tonight:-) Their class really came out, even when it was 11v11. I for one am a huge fan of the possession game, and admire
    their skill and work rate. They are a very selfless team, even considering the number of superstars in the squad. Torres proved that on the fourth goal. He could have easily taken the shot. Xavi is a genius, as was evident on the second goal. Precision pass that shredded the Italian defense. Only the second team to win 3 major tournaments in a row since West Germany. Felicidades Espana!

Sadly, this is the end of the Euros, but not futbol. League play will be starting soon, and I for one will be cheering and supporting my Blue and White Wizards of Sheffield Wednesday. Cmon U FU**ING OWLS!!! :-)

Paleo and Half Bunny, it has been a pleasure, and I hope we can continue our futbol chats in the future. For everyone else, please join us in supporting that which is true Futbol! Soccergrok out!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345