Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Euro 2012 thread - Enjoy and Discuss - no racism please! page 2

mycon is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    OK so I predicted the goal difference between Germany and Greece. Greece did well there. A very creditable performance against Germany.

ETA: I underestimated Greece.

Greece did well to actually equalize early into the second half, but after that Germany showed what they're made of.

Group A was just as weak as everybody thought before the tournament; Portugal just won 1-0 but throroughly dominated as well.

It will be very interesting to see what France and Spain have to offer, but given their last performances it's hard to imagine France getting to the semifinals. I hope they do though.
    Last edited by mycon; 06-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Since Germany won does that mean Greece has to pay them back?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering what happened to the other thread!!!!

Greece/Germany game was great. Mostly one sided, glad Germany was able to blow it wide open in the 2nd. Looking forward to tmrws match up!

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Germany looked predictably efficient in going forward, though, they did squander many good opportunities in the first half and seem, as so many contemporary teams do, to want to walk the ball into the goal. Even their defenders looked good going forward, but didn't look so good at their primary function. They can be exposed by a good defensive/fast-breaking team. (Does this sound too much like I'm imagining how England will beat Germany; a match that is far from being penciled in.)

Tomorrows game; I don't think France have the midfield players that are needed to intimidate the Spanish play makers. Spain 3:1.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Vanbiesbrouck is offline Junior Member
    On a dry track I think today's game goes into the half at 3-0 to Germany, maybe more. They had so many chances and slipped a lot, it sort of held the Greeks in the game a bit I thought. They defended like mad, but, it lead to the Germans being wasteful of their chances, and they nearly paid for it, though the result never seemed in too much doubt. Overwhelming quality for Germany, but chin up to Greece, they played with a lot of heart.

Thinking Spain 2-1 over France and Italy 1-0 over England.

mycon is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdjesson View Post
    They can be exposed by a good defensive/fast-breaking team. (Does this sound too much like I'm imagining how England will beat Germany; a match that is far from being penciled in.)
    Can't see it though to be honest. England played well against France, but defended atrociously in the other two games against Sweden and Ukraine. They won those games anyway, but won't win if they defend like that against Italy or Germany.

The good thing about Italy is (for England) that they are quite wasteful themselves with their chances and have trouble with reactive teams that counter a lot.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    ^ 5, SoccerGrok for both predicting 2:0 Spain:France.

OK, I'm going to plump for 1:1 Italy:England tomorrow at full time. Or 0:0 even. But Italy to win. Daren't go watch this in a pub as I shall be cheering on Italy and that might not go down too well.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Be careful in the pubs tmrw paleo bunny. Secretly root for italy!

Caught the end of the Spain France game. Can't comment too much on performances. Looking forward to tmrws matchup!!!

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Spain done pretty much what was expected, and the result was no surprise.

Tomorrow's game is a hard one to call. England do often tend do raise their game according to the reputation of the opposition. Close match = England win *fingerscrossedemoticon*
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

PrimalCon New York
    Crazy that other thread was closed.

England 2 Italy 1 today.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast