Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to look like a figure competitor... page 2

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisyummy View Post
    Ok, figure competitors probably aren't the healthiest people on the planet, and the goal of looking like one is probably unrealistic for me, but I thought I would reach out and see if there were any folks having that kind of success with primal eating. I am very careful with WHAT I eat, and I track, but I often just wind up blowing it by eating too much.

I have started working with a trainer who insists I need to up my carbs and eat things like oatmeal and "whole grains." I do love oatmeal. I had some. I didn't die. But I can't shake the feeling that I'm eating this stuff that probably isn't good for me. I'm going to focus more on things like sweet potatoes and rice for carbs. She also insists on cutting down fat; no butter, lean meats. I'm torn. I know that if I subsist on lean proteins, I get MAJOR headaches. And major crankypants. She also wants me to eat lots of times per day, which as much as I think IF has done wonders for people, I can't seem to make it work for me. Crankypants again. So I like eating more times per day, pain in the neck that it might be.

I'm tired of looking at every piece of food I eat and wondering if it's ruining my diet. I had a major hankering for carrots last night. So I got some. And ate 3. And it stressed me out. Who stresses out over eating carrots?! This girl, apparently.

I am fit and relatively lean, but I have been packing on weight over the last several months after quitting stimulants and wanting to be drug free. I know there are some other things going on besides the fact that I can't pry myself off the couch most nights and eat too much, but I would really love help and suggestions. I just want to get my diet dialed in for energy and leanness! And I want my clothes to stop getting tighter. Speaking of clothes, the crankypants need to go. I am pretty clean with my diet; I don't eat sweets, I don't eat processed foods, I mostly stick to meat + veggies + fat (except now I'm thinking of adding more carbs).

Thanks, guys and gals.

Here's what I'm trying out for eating:
    B: 1/2c. oatmeal (ok I'll swap that for something better like rice or sweet potato? this is a new thing for me, I used to have eggs or bulletproof coffee every morning)
    S: Almonds (portion controlled packs from Trader Joe's) or hard boiled eggs
    L: Leftovers, usually ~6oz meat + veggies or salad + rice or sweet potato
    D: Same as lunch

Those 6oz portions could easily be 12, though if I'm not careful.
    What is your height and what do you weight now? I am trying to get leaner as well and have the curse of the hourglass figure, I want to look like a figure competitor as well. I already have a flat stomach but my thighs are ugh....anyway back to you, do you really have that much weight to lose? It seems that you are doing great with your diet.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Wait, don't go away! Could you explain that whole salt load/flush thing? I saw it mentioned and I am not sure how it works? Like you eat all your veggies pickled and then no salt at all for a week? Does it work for long-term fat loss, or just to dewater before an event?
    Obviously the caloric deficit is for long-term fat loss, the salt (pickle analogy) is for de-watering before an event.

The flush is basically ingesting a whole bunch of foods your body isn't used to and in processing them the body basically "flushes" out excess waste. In other words eat 100% clean for three months, then in one sitting eat a cheesecake, a 2-litre of regular coke, a bunch of pizza and you'll be right as rain the next day. Not too sciencey.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Okay, after looking at a few articles from male bodybuilders, did not find any female ones! I came up with this plan to try out!

My current weight is about 122 lbs, with some 18-22% BF, pear shape, with 26" waist. My maintenance is about 1600 cals (confirmed with self-experimenting)

My plan:

Mon-Fri: 1200 cals, 180 g protein, 20-30% fat, the rest carbs (about 50 g carb) from vegetables and skim fermented dairy. No added fats except coconut oil as food
    Sat: refeed: 120 g protein, 120 g carb, keep fat to min!
    Sun: 180 g protein, up to 100 g carb, keep fat to min!

Exclusions: fruit, nuts, liquid calories

Workouts: continue Wendler's 5,3,1 four times a week. Replace walk with a run in the morning to the bus (about 15 min running). 1 sprint, 1 HIT a week. Walking or gardening at least 60 min a day. Salt stuff generously. Cold shower every morning, and steam room aim for 3 x a week. 2 L of water a day.

The flush is basically ingesting a whole bunch of foods your body isn't used to and in processing them the body basically "flushes" out excess waste. In other words eat 100% clean for three months, then in one sitting eat a cheesecake, a 2-litre of regular coke, a bunch of pizza and you'll be right as rain the next day. Not too sciencey.
    whoa. Thank you. I guess we all do it once in a while quite naturally!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12