Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best concert you've seen page

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member

Best concert you've seen

Shop Now
    I think the thread title speaks for itself...

For me this is a toss-up:

U2/Radiohead

Runner ups:
    The Cranberries at the Warfield
    Our Lady Peace at Slims
    Live at the Fillmore

Special consideration: I never thought it would happen but seeing VH reunited with Diamond Dave (on their first reunion) was pretty badass. Although seeing them back in the early 80s would have been better. "and the cradle will ROCK!!"

ALthough the number of bands I wish I had to the abilty to see is endless, the one band I really wish I could have seen is Alice In Chains.
    Last edited by Fernaldo; 06-21-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    does a festival count? woodstock 99. actually, my favorite concert ever was there...george clinton.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Derek Trucks Band... too many times to count, but some of those shows were the best that I've been to. At Chastain Amphitheater, Derek made a rainbow appear when he played a solo (no joke).

Also, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones at the Savannah Music Festival. All of them were simply amazing.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    I saw Gwar when I was a little dude. Nothing I've seen since has topped that experience.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I followed The World/Inferno Friendship Society around for a couple years in college. Were the concerts good? I don't know, but the experience was amazing. I don't think I'd have nearly as much fun now. I can't think of a particular concert that rocked, I enjoyed them all. I don't like the music as much now so I think I've avoided seeing them again so I don't tarnish the good memories. I also think I'm a lot more anxious now and probably couldn't happily throw down in a mosh pit anymore.

More recently, I really enjoyed a concert with Cage the Elephant and Manchester Orchestra. I did not think mosh pits would be appropriate for that kind of music, but I saw it happen. It was awesome. The bands have great energy live.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Also, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones at the Savannah Music Festival. All of them were simply amazing.
    bela fleck is a great show. i saw them at a really small venue, and got completely blown away by the 2-saxophone solo.

As far as a whole concert experience, I say seeing Jimmy Buffett and staying with a chapter of Parrot Heads for a night or two was the best.
    As for just the music and how is was arranged and sounded, Dwight Yoakam was the best I've seen/heard.
    I might be a little different, though.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    there have been a bunch that are all right up there

-all of the phish weekend festivals have been amazing

-the first dave matthews show of the before these crowded streets tour in roanoke virginia was amazing. they play at a whole other level anytime they are in virginia

-ray lamontagne at radio city music hall was epic

- i once saw the allman brothers play for 4 hours in the rain. yeah...4 hours... in the rain...

i'll try to think of some other great ones. but these were the first few that jumped out at me

Tool @ the Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto, '09. Off the hook! Close second would be the SARS-benefit concert in 2003 (Stones, AC-DC, Rush, Tea Party, Flaming Lips, etc, etc, etc). I was supposed to be at Radiohead this past Saturday, but that stage collapse put the kibosh to that. I was and still am sooo bummed, though my disappointment has to be put into perspective due to the death of their drum tech. Incidentally, this was the second Radiohead show to be cancelled here; the first one was in '03 when the Big Blackout happened.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Anthrax/Pantera back in the day (about 97 or 98?) when Dimebag Darrel was still kickin hard... he made lewd gestures at me and put his guitar pick in my hand. Yes, guitar pick... no, that is not a euphemism. I still have it.
    They just seriously rocked the house down.

Also... Sting w/the Royal Philharmonic... simply brilliant.

Rammstein was a really good time.

And I love me some good Christmas concert... The Trans Siberian Orchestra experience is totally worth it for some holiday fun.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast