Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best concert you've seen page 5

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    One more!

the Stomp show at the State Theater in Cleveland. For the sheer, brilliant inventiveness of it; the fact that they retained the street-perfomer audience interaction; and for the fact that I adore good percussion.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    "The Cure" Bloodflowers tour. I got VIP, for some reason, got to touch Robert Smith's doughy hand and was photographed for several music mags. That would seem amazing, except my friend, who was a journalist, got to interview Robert Smith for a magazine. Ughhh, "it's never enough".

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    9/29/89 - Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View, CA - Of the 100+ grateful Dead Shows I attended on tour this one was the best one I ever saw. The boys were just "on" that night.
    Finally, someone who knows what a real concert is like. I was able to get into a New Year's show once in Oakland, and I remember a show in Jersey on Jerry's birthday that was pretty intense.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Finally, someone who knows what a real concert is like. I was able to get into a New Year's show once in Oakland, and I remember a show in Jersey on Jerry's birthday that was pretty intense.
    The show was intense. A guy about 20 feet from us on the lawn (we called it the "mother bud") smuggled in a military phosphorus aerial flare. In the middle of the most incredible China-rider jam he shoots it off and the sucker deploys at about 500 feet elevation on a parachute. Lit the entire amphitheater up like day time. I was out of my mind on acid and nearly shit myself I was so amazed. These kids today have NO idea what a real concert experience is. It starts in the parking lot at 3:00PM with beers and nitrous oxide and ends at 4:00AM with beers and grilled cheese sandwiches. What happens in between is an adventure you will never remember, but will also never forget.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to add Avishai Cohen at a festival called "Jazz In Marciac"
    And probably Al Di Meola with his new band at the same festival
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    unfortunately for some of us younger fellas on here, we weren't really around to see the dead. total bummer. i can only imagine. the closest thing would most definitely be a phish show. during their original run, and even 2nd run, they were utterly amazing live, and anyone who has ever witnessed a glowstick war firsthand, can vouch for how utterly amazing those moments are.

another amazing phish moment, for a totally different reason, was watching paige cry during "wading in the velvet sea" at coventry. that pretty much summed up the entire sentiment of the weekend.

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My first concert ever, attended as a little kid with my dad was Chicago with this unknown warm up band called Santana. Yes, some of you younguns probably don't know either of those. Your loss. <shakes granny cane at younguns>.
    Love Chicago!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Texxas Jam back in the late 1987. It was Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison and Boston. Great show!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    "The Cure" Bloodflowers tour. I got VIP, for some reason, got to touch Robert Smith's doughy hand and was photographed for several music mags. That would seem amazing, except my friend, who was a journalist, got to interview Robert Smith for a magazine. Ughhh, "it's never enough".
    OMG, I had this EXACT same experience - I saw them on the Bloodflowers tours, 6th row seats, but I somehow was able to walk right up to the stage right after the show and shook his hand - it was definitely doughy! That's the perfect word - I kept trying to describe it as being clay-like and puffy. Was he retaining some crazy amount of water, or what?

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I did actually get to see Oingo Boingo's Halloween concert in Irvine, CA. I was in the 8th grade at the time but I remember it being pretty awesome. It was my first concert.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast