Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best concert you've seen page 2

Primal Fuel
    August 27, 1985, Ramones, Ocean City, MD. Skipping the Johnny Truant-style explication of what was happening at the time, let's just say I was painfully sunburned and pleasantly surprised the Ramones were in town, and soon found that music has opiate qualities. Was a few feet in front of Dee Dee as the boys pounded vintage material.

Other great shows: Nick Cave at Danceteria, NYC, a muggy, druggy set I stumbled onto late; Ozzy's first tour w/ Randy Rhoads, which introduced me to Motorhead as the opener; premiere of Steve Reich's New York Counterpoint at Avery Fisher Hall, 1986; Neil Young with Sonic Youth; some Sinead show after her second album in Philly, Tower Theater perhaps?, amazing lungs; classical violinist Midori playing, at all places, the Mt. Gretna Playhouse theater, out in the cool woods, tiny venue; prolly a bunch I'm forgetting.

Worst: Bob Dylan. I love Dylan, but it started pouring rain, and there is nothing more depressing than sitting in the rain and listening to Bob Dylan. No, wose yet: the Cars. Might as well have played a CD and had little cutouts of them up there, they were like unanimated puppets.

Edit: Dead Boys on some mid-80s reunion at the Enola Firehouse (!), about 20 people there, before Stiv died. Pure snotty goodness.
    Last edited by Finnegans Wake; 06-21-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Oh, Cori's post reminded me of a nice Helmet/Sepultura/Ministry gig in Baltimore.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    funniest concert i ever saw was dread zeppelin. oh yeah, and the 2 opening acts were the electric chick magnets (amazing) and sly and the family stallone (a sly and the family stone cover band where each member dressed like a different stallone movie character). it was at some little club in new york. what a weird, weird night..

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Hanson. when i was 10

haha, but seriously, I saw Roger Daltrey perform The Who's Tommy and had a great time! I have loved Tommy since I was 8 years old, and being able to see Roger live and performing it was top notch. the tickets were my birthday present last year from my dad, I started crying I was so happy

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ahh...
    and Sevendust at a very small bar in Pensacola right before they went big time.
    I was front row again... and there was little room to spare... if you didn't watch out you'd get hit by Lajons flying dreads.
    One of the giant bouncers stole the cherry out of my Rum and coke and dude I was with got pissed... lame-o! I dumped dude and found a better one.
    After the gig I saw Lajon with his girl out front... she was gross... a bleach and silicone barbie type... fake lips, fake boobs, a metric ton of makeup... and I was all.... WTH?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member
    I've got three.

In high school (circa 1999) I saw Rage Against the Machine in Houston around the time Battle of Los Angeles came out. It was by far the most intense show I've ever been too.

Near the end of college (circa 2003) I saw Death Cab for Cutie at a small venue in Fort Worth (Ridgele Theater) on Halloween. They ran Frankenstein meets the Werewolf on a big screen behind the stage and played a cover of Thriller.

A couple of years ago The Get Up Kids played at the Granada in Dallas during their 10 year anniversary of Something to Write Home About... they pretty much played the whole album.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Wow this is a hard one....so many amazing shows....up amongst the favorites would have to be Primus, Split Lip Rayfield, Gramatic, Wilco, and The Violent Femmes. I just saw a local band the other night that was AMAZING....Wrong Kata Trio, they rocked it out
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

labmonkey is offline Senior Member
    My top 5

-Rammstein '11. That was sick. Their stage show is insane.
    -Foo Fighters '11. Dave Grohl = awesomeness
    -Metallica in '05 - I knew 1/4 of the songs but, shit could they put on a show.
    -Garth Brooks '93. I HATE country but, kind of tolerated it back then. My sister gave me free tickets, we went and he was amazing!!
    -Audioslave - 3 bands in one awesomeness. Seriously, really, really good show. I can't remember the yr..

Karma is offline Senior Member
    9/29/89 - Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View, CA - Of the 100+ grateful Dead Shows I attended on tour this one was the best one I ever saw. The boys were just "on" that night.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    David Byrne live in Oxford in April 2009. I have awesome photos as a memento, as I was seated only a few rows back from the stage. I was in ecstasy throughout - it honestly felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast