Thread: Hello page

bsmith35 is offline Junior Member

Hello

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone,

I've been lurking marks website and these forums for about a year now but I've never posted anything. I figured I probably should since I use these as much as I do.

I'm from Columbus, OH, 29 years old, fireman for my day job. Looking to get stronger and leaner.

My story (short version):

I quit using snuff about 18 months ago and havent looked back. I knew I would want to eat more so I started jogging on the treadmill like crazy and had a "nutrition expert" do a "meal plan" for me. This consisted of the SAD and CW. I actually gained weight because he had me eating almost 3000 calories a day! My knees and joints were killing me. I heard about marks website and looked it up. Considering I was killing myself the other way I figured what the hell, I'll try it. Having kids made things harder and I cheated all the time. Since the start of summer I've been totally primal and loving it.

Over the last year or so I've slowly made the switch to being primal and short of dark chocolate I would say I'm 100%. I'm down to 166 lbs from 177 in about two weeks and feeling great! Hopefully I can stop losing weight and start leaning out. Probably going to do a few months of crossfit here in Columbus to lean out over the summer. I'd really like to look good for my vacation in August! Any primal pointers would be awesome!

I can't say thanks enough to Mark and his staff, and also the people on these boards. It has been a huge help throughout my journey and I couldn't be where I am without everyone!

Thanks!

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Bsmith.

I'm new to the boards, too.

There is an interesting offering, TACFIT Firefighter, that may be of use to you. It incorporates very interesting/effective training protocols and it may qualify as primal, for the reason it looks fun and the exercises have real-life crossover. The fact that this offering has been developed by fire-fighters means it would be particularly useful for yourself (in time saved on doing exercise that doesn't have the same crossover.) Also, as a kettlebell instructor I will inevitably suggest you get a kettlebell (transportable, short efficient workouts...)

all the best

bsmith35 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the link. I've been trying to do some job related workouts at the firehouse but between runs and duties it can be difficult. I'm actually starting crossfit on Monday so hopefully that goes well. I appreciate the response and tips! THanks!

pdjesson is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think that the programme should take no more than 40 minutes, warm-ups and cool-downs included.