Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PB fitness schedule made by Mark page 3

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    With that in mind, what if I did a 3x a week workout that covered all my bases: walk to warm up, sprint to get my muscles going, then do the lift heavy things workout?

Side note: I don't want to lose weight, just get stronger. Sculpting is good, but I need to keep some of my female fat.
    NO!!! If you are sprinting all out there is no way you will be able to lift well.
    Plan at least 2 lift days, sprint one day, lots of slow moving and play!
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    I have adrenal fatigue. Will I not get stronger locally as long as I'm weak systematically? Is that how that works?
    No, emphatically no! If you are spent systemically nothing will be optimal. Your body isn't a bunch of separate parts independent of the others. It is a complete system and if even one part of it is not functioning properly, then every part will suffer down to a deep cellular level. If you have adrenal fatigue, any exercise is a negative so to speak and more is DEFINITELY NOT better. It will absolutely create deeper adrenal fatigue. My advice is to address the adrenal thing first then come back doing a sensible program that is based on quality and not quantity. You are on a slippery slope and more exercise will cause you to crash and crash very hard. I have been there. It was about 18 years ago. I didn't listen to anyone. I kept training more and harder, and more and harder still! It got to the point where I was falling asleep at the wheel in the middle of day I was so spent. My strength finally plummeted and I had to admit that I didn't have a clue about proper exercise. I wasn't able to even think about anything strenuous for about 6 months. I had absolutely no desire to lift anything. The thought of it exhausted me and I was a gym rat. I lived for it. I now train on average less than 30 minutes a week along with being active in general. I'm in my best shape in many years and getting better at 47.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    No, emphatically no! If you are spent systemically nothing will be optimal. Your body isn't a bunch of separate parts independent of the others. It is a complete system and if even one part of it is not functioning properly, then every part will suffer down to a deep cellular level. If you have adrenal fatigue, any exercise is a negative so to speak and more is DEFINITELY NOT better. It will absolutely create deeper adrenal fatigue. My advice is to address the adrenal thing first then come back doing a sensible program that is based on quality and not quantity. You are on a slippery slope and more exercise will cause you to crash and crash very hard. I have been there. It was about 18 years ago. I didn't listen to anyone. I kept training more and harder, and more and harder still! It got to the point where I was falling asleep at the wheel in the middle of day I was so spent. My strength finally plummeted and I had to admit that I didn't have a clue about proper exercise. I wasn't able to even think about anything strenuous for about 6 months. I had absolutely no desire to lift anything. The thought of it exhausted me and I was a gym rat. I lived for it. I now train on average less than 30 minutes a week along with being active in general. I'm in my best shape in many years and getting better at 47.
    How did you get rid of adrenal fatigue? I didn't start feeling better until I started going to bed at 8-9 by candle light when the sun went down, and then doing PB fitness. The stronger my muscles get, the easier everyday activities are for my body to handle thus not needed to use so much effort to complete them. I am gaining energy cor sure. What else can I do?
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    How did you get rid of adrenal fatigue? I didn't start feeling better until I started going to bed at 8-9 by candle light when the sun went down, and then doing PB fitness. The stronger my muscles get, the easier everyday activities are for my body to handle thus not needed to use so much effort to complete them. I am gaining energy cor sure. What else can I do?
    I got rid of it by basically doing nothing for months in the way of exercise. If you are feeling better, that is a good sign. So now the last thing you want to do is push things by increasing the volume. This will not result in better progress and will most likely wear you out. Be patient here. You'll do fine this way. Listen to your body along the way and adjust accordingly.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    If you're doing it right...

Monday - Strength
    Wednesday - Sprints
    Friday - Strength
    Other days walk, bike, swim, yoga, etc... keep active.

Don't do silly circuits... actually focusing on getting stronger. It would be ideal to be using barbells and following starting strengh guidelines.

Don't jog... actually sprint all out. For sprints, find a nice 50-100 yard hill and sprint up, walk down... 5-8 times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123