Thread: I'm Back For Real This Time page

jermert is offline Member

Red face I'm Back For Real This Time

Back in early 2011 I set a goal for myself to lose 100 pounds over a one year period. The achievment of the goal was to be my birthday present to myself. Well I evidently didn't really care about myself all that much. After 30 days I had lost eighteen pounds and pretty much stalled there, got discouraged and quit. (My usual MO) So advance 10 months (and back to 342 pounds yep gained it all back plus 2), sitting in the doctors office for other issues, and out of ther blue he pops off, you know you are insulin resistant and should try the paleo diet. He said give it a try for a couple of weeks and lets see what happens. So here I am four weeks later down 32 pounds, feeling a slight difference in stamina (two 15 pound sacks of taters I'm not carrying around all the time) but more importantly my back pain is easing slightly. I realize I have already done damage but wish to finish my career and want to avoid the knife so I have to lose this weight. Anyway, I'm rambling, I did the math and realized I had lost almost a third of my goal in 30 days, by being mindful of what I eat and increasing my water intake from next to zero to five liters a day. I realize that the progress probably will slow down but hey I'm back and determined and this time I'm hoping to give myself a very nice Christamas present (new wardrobe). Best wishes to all of you GROKS out there keep the faith.
    2/7/11 the beginning, 340 and miserable, 3/3/11, 321.5 on my way to 240, on 4/8/12 and then on to a six pack(Failed Miserably) Back 5/19/12 at 342,,,,6/20/12, 315,,,,7/6/12 at 299 ,,,,7/14/12 at 295,,,8/15/12 at 279,,,8/31/12 at 274 ,,, ,,,

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Good for you for coming back. Sometimes it takes more than one start

Thanks Snoops, I'm gonna do it this time. I am not sure what is different but it all seems much easier this time around, I don't seem to be having the cravings for all of the no no's that I had before.
    2/7/11 the beginning, 340 and miserable, 3/3/11, 321.5 on my way to 240, on 4/8/12 and then on to a six pack(Failed Miserably) Back 5/19/12 at 342,,,,6/20/12, 315,,,,7/6/12 at 299 ,,,,7/14/12 at 295,,,8/15/12 at 279,,,8/31/12 at 274 ,,, ,,,

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you've had great success so far. You are lucky to have a DR who is not only knows about Paleo, but clearly supportive of it too. Keep up the good work, remember there is nothing wrong with slow and steady.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer, seems my big issue is not the discouragement of the weight not coming off fast enough but rather I get bored with the food, I am not giving myself enough variety. it's tough when only one person in the household is eating paleo. And secondly I have always been a binge eater, would fast all day till dinner then eat from dinner till bedtime. I have addressed this mostly through snacking throughout the day on nuts and jerky. Anyway I am just trying to take it one day at a time this time. I have hit a bit of a sticking point the last few days andhave to understand that these times will happen and eventually my body with release and start burning fat again.. Again thanks for the words of encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by jermert View Post
    Thanks Jennifer, seems my big issue is not the discouragement of the weight not coming off fast enough but rather I get bored with the food, I am not giving myself enough variety. it's tough when only one person in the household is eating paleo. And secondly I have always been a binge eater, would fast all day till dinner then eat from dinner till bedtime. I have addressed this mostly through snacking throughout the day on nuts and jerky. Anyway I am just trying to take it one day at a time this time. I have hit a bit of a sticking point the last few days andhave to understand that these times will happen and eventually my body with release and start burning fat again.. Again thanks for the words of encouragement.
    Hey Great news today I weighed in at 299, 45 pounds since May 14, 2011 ---sub 300 one goal met come-on 275....Yahoooooo

Quote Originally Posted by jermert View Post
    Back in early 2011 I set a goal for myself to lose 100 pounds over a one year period. The achievment of the goal was to be my birthday present to myself. Well I evidently didn't really care about myself all that much. After 30 days I had lost eighteen pounds and pretty much stalled there, got discouraged and quit. (My usual MO) So advance 10 months (and back to 342 pounds yep gained it all back plus 2), sitting in the doctors office for other issues, and out of ther blue he pops off, you know you are insulin resistant and should try the paleo diet. He said give it a try for a couple of weeks and lets see what happens. So here I am four weeks later down 32 pounds, feeling a slight difference in stamina (two 15 pound sacks of taters I'm not carrying around all the time) but more importantly my back pain is easing slightly. I realize I have already done damage but wish to finish my career and want to avoid the knife so I have to lose this weight. Anyway, I'm rambling, I did the math and realized I had lost almost a third of my goal in 30 days, by being mindful of what I eat and increasing my water intake from next to zero to five liters a day. I realize that the progress probably will slow down but hey I'm back and determined and this time I'm hoping to give myself a very nice Christamas present (new wardrobe). Best wishes to all of you GROKS out there keep the faith.
    My first 50 pounds are off, all since May 14, 2012. Feeling much better, and people are starting to notice, (what a boost when someone notices you are losing) clothes are all either fitting better or falling off. New belt in next two weeks as this one is in the last slot. I'm feeling better, needing less rest and muscles are starting to show definition again in arms, legs and shoulders. I have found it much easier this time, I scoff at baked deserts now. Not getting bored yet with the basic food and haven't even dug into Palio recipes yet. My best to all out there and to those just beginning your journey, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!