Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angry Paleo Cat is Angry page

Isisinabi is offline Member

Angry Paleo Cat is Angry

Shop Now
    Let's get started.

Isisinabi, aka Angry cat, and I been doin paleo for about 3 weeks now. I decided that 6/18/12 was going to be my first day though, and have decided to start putting my thoughts online for whatever reason. So first, an introduction.

So yes, I am known as Angrycat (NOT a real cat, sadly). I am a 31 year old female who wasted both her teen years and all her 20s being fat, angry at myself for being fat, and putting myself in a small corner with a cupcake and some Prozac. There's nothing quite right about feeling like you constantly are on the brink of ending things because you can't let go of the "baby fat". I stumbled upon this basically because I knew something was out there that made sense, all this other crap just had to be wrong. I ate whole grains like I was told, I ate exactly 1500 calories like my doctor told me to, and I worked out 5 days a week, trying so desperately to get it all off and nothing worked. I stayed around 315 regardless of what I tried.

Since beginning paleo, I have gone from 315 to 300. I can't imagine what it's going to be like not being over 300 pounds.

So here is what I wrote 6/18/12:

I feel pretty strong. Not tired all day, contacts upsetting my eye but nothing to do with diet. I have been eating eggs (3), spinach and mushrooms for breakfast. Today I parked at the end of the parking lot to walk as far as I can today. Going to start doing that everyday. I know I am not supposed to workout yet but I need to walk. I also need to take my iron and B12, and my fish oil for the fats. I need to have a good guide for a weekly recipe list. Lunch was leftover pork sirloin cooked in chicken stock, with green beans and kale. I had a slice of peach which was very tart but good. Still wonder if I eat enough.

6:57: slightly tired, want some tea. The walk helped me wake up a lot. Been feeling warmer lately.
    9:16: really hot. Probably burning something off.
    9:48: really hot again. went for an 8 minute walk around the block. Hot as hell. I need to run or something, my energy is off the hook. Kinda hungry so I nommed some almonds.
    Still 302lbs.

6/19/12:
    1 boiled egg +5 pieces of bacon for breakfast.
    2 eggs lunch and chicken breast.
    4 almonds
    4 blueberries.

Walked today, 15 minutes. I got 126 bpm
    Still 302lbs

6/20/12:
    I had 2 burgers minus bun and cheese for dinner last night. Got really really sleepy. Woke up to 2lbs lighter! WOO 300!

Lunch 2 hamburgers, almonds.

1st break, walked for 15 minutes, 153bpm

I worry about a lot of things when it comes to paleo eating. Am I doing it right? Am I walking enough? Am I eating right? Will this be the thing I need to finally be normal. Although I feel like it's too late.

Dinner will consist of eggs and bacon, I don't want any vegetables and I'm really really exhausted. I might go to bed in the next hour.
    Last edited by Isisinabi; 07-03-2012 at 08:27 PM.

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Hi Cat. Welcome. Sounds like you are doing well. Yes, walking is essential. Sitting too long is deadly. Gotta move.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

So over the weekend I broke my diet. We moved, and even though i lifted MANY heavy things, I blew it. So whenever we move we always use up all the food the week before, and buy new stuff after it was over. I did pretty good the first day, my boyfriend (who thinks paleo is dumb), had pizza. I had plain chicken wings. The next day, I had steak and eggs from Perkins. That night I had tea and steak tips and eggs from IHOP. I thought that would be a great thing. But later that night, I had orange juice (our fridge broke and that's all that was cool plus our filter was in a box somewhere). I had been drinking nothing but water up until then. That Sunday morning I had 3 cinnamon rolls. Later that night I had a small Oreo mint blizzard. I woke up to being 6 pounds heavier. So basically I get to restart again. *Yay. I knew I was going to mess up, not even really making it that far.

In any case, I'm tired of lookin up paleo stuff. I was reading and listening to podcasts about it and I'm done for now. I can't be part of "the community" until I lose the weight, and people who are already successful seem to be anti-fat (as are most fit people I've had the "pleasure" of talking to lately, so I'm done thinking about it too much. I'll be recording my walkin and my weight-if it ever drops again-and that's about it.*

Oh I'm not in the mood to eat so no food since steak on tuesday night.*

So today I feel terrible. I feel like I want to puke, I'm exhausted, and I really don't find anything tasty nor agreeable. I'm starving but the only thing I want is a slice of pizza. I started to feel like this last night after eating leftover salmon last night. I started to eat some at lunch today but didn't finish. This salad (onion, tomato, lettuce and olive oil vinaigrette) is doing nothing for me. I'm going to finish it regardless.

Now my hunger is still there, I feel tingly and exhausted all over. I didn't eat breakfast this morning, yesterday I had eggs and bacon but I didn't even feel like finishing. I'm starving and I think I may not make it through the day without eating something else and something bad. Oh also I'm at 302.7 lbs

DashFire is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isisinabi View Post
    Isisinabi, aka Angry cat, and I been doin paleo for about 3 weeks now... Isisinabi, aka Angrycat, is I.
    I'm so confused right now. I was really expecting this thread to contain a fun story about someone's cat being pissed their food had been switched.

My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    I am both into fat acceptance and paleo--there are some of us out there if also an awful lot obsessed with being skinny. I didn't even read the thread about fat acceptance; by how fast it grew I knew it would be hateful. So welcome, and I hope you can focus on getting healthy and not worry too much about your weight. I first went low carb when I had been diagnosed with diabetes, and after many years of refusing to feel deprived, so it was easier for me because I had a goal other than weight (to get my A1c under 6). Switching from general low carb to primal was easy.

Do you need to put off going primal seriously until you get settled in your new digs? It might be too much stress right now. But if you do feel ready to start, my suggestion would be to focus on primal foods that are treats and not worry about calories at least until you are over the low carb flu and cravings. Eat bacon, cheese, snack on nuts. Get yourself shifted over to eating no grains and no PUFA oils, spend a couple of weeks there until you notice how much better you feel, and then adjust you calories or what you eat to figure out what works for you.

I woke up Sunday morning to be under 300lbs for the first time in 5 years. Granted its barely, at 298 but my gods. I can't describe this feeling. I'm trying to not get overly excited and to not freak myself out. I have been eating pork roast with sautéed onions and collard greens since Sunday. Saturday I had spinach and plain wings from papa johns. Weekends I tend to not eat much. I am not quite sure what to say really. I am more flabbergasted that sOmething is finally working for me and I kind of want to yell it out. But I won't

I want to increase my walkin and exercise but I need to see my doctor about my feet. My family has a history of bad toes and have all had to have surgery to fix them. I know I will. I can lift now but walking may be out for a bit. At least fast walking like I have been. I'll have to ask my doctor about viibrams.

I woke up Sunday morning to be under 300lbs for the first time in 5 years. Granted its barely, at 298 but my gods. I can't describe this feeling. I'm trying to not get overly excited and to not freak myself out. I have been eating pork roast with sautéed onions and collard greens since Sunday. Saturday I had spinach and plain wings from papa johns. Weekends I tend to not eat much. I am not quite sure what to say really. I am more flabbergasted that sOmething is finally working for me and I kind of want to yell it out. But I won't

I want to increase my walkin and exercise but I need to see my doctor about my feet. My family has a history of bad toes and have all had to have surgery to fix them. I know I will. I can lift now but walking may be out for a bit. At least fast walking like I have been. I'll have to ask my doctor about viibrams.

So I discovered that the feeling I was getting the other few days was carb flu or what my brain has been calling "the milk sick" (from Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter...great book). I had been starving, but nothing appetizing. Everything I normally love felt gross to me, and I was exhausted. Headaches, threw up, mood swings...my mom thought I was pregnant. I asked her why she would wish such ill will towards me. Today, I feel fine. Energy is back, I'm not 100% energetic like I been before the carb flu but it's getting close. Being under 300lbs is making me feel pretty freakin wonderful. I know I have so far to go to be under 200 but I need to keep my head up.

Any accomplishment is a good accomplishment. There is something I want to find out about.

I know what I want out of my body. But, I doubt very much it's something I can accomplish. If I had started when I was a child maybe, but at 31? All is but lost. I don't know of any specific athletes who do what I want to be able to do, as being such a fat person I try to stay away from learning too much about athletes (as most athletic people I have met through my current college attempt have looked at me in disgust), but I know that if properly trained, the human body can be amazing. Basically what I wanted to be able to do is a combination of parkour and long distance running. I want to be able to run at a not sprinting pace but a pretty fast pace, and be able to hop around on top of stuff and through stuff. Of course I want to be able to do all of this and put on a bikini and not feel like I'm a walking elephant seal. It's funny how much I really want that, and I wonder if that is more of what is fueling me than anything else. I used to feel strong when I was a teen and a dancer, even though I was still fat. I was so in control of where my body was (just not in control of my health) when I danced that it almost felt like I was a cat, pouncing here and there. I do miss that a lot. I guess if I just get that back I should feel happy.
    Last edited by Isisinabi; 07-03-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DashFire View Post
    I'm so confused right now. I was really expecting this thread to contain a fun story about someone's cat being pissed their food had been switched.

Adorableness is adorable. Unfortunately that is not me, I am a really big fat brown cat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamsc View Post
    I am both into fat acceptance and paleo--there are some of us out there if also an awful lot obsessed with being skinny. I didn't even read the thread about fat acceptance; by how fast it grew I knew it would be hateful. So welcome, and I hope you can focus on getting healthy and not worry too much about your weight. I first went low carb when I had been diagnosed with diabetes, and after many years of refusing to feel deprived, so it was easier for me because I had a goal other than weight (to get my A1c under 6). Switching from general low carb to primal was easy.

Do you need to put off going primal seriously until you get settled in your new digs? It might be too much stress right now. But if you do feel ready to start, my suggestion would be to focus on primal foods that are treats and not worry about calories at least until you are over the low carb flu and cravings. Eat bacon, cheese, snack on nuts. Get yourself shifted over to eating no grains and no PUFA oils, spend a couple of weeks there until you notice how much better you feel, and then adjust you calories or what you eat to figure out what works for you.
    I read that thread, but only a little bit. What I was referring to, is that when I was in my college english class (the last of them thank the gods), there were 2 males in there that decided they needed to do papers that were on the subject of obesity. To whom did they look at when they started talking about their obesity papers? Myself and the other fat girl that was sitting next to me. That entire semester, not only did I feel uncomfortable, I was down right pissed off. One guy was obviously a body builder of some type and the other worked for Ambercrombie. They were both in their early 20's, and as you can guess, didn't give a rat's backside about the feelings of anyone who wasn't 22 and hot. I ended up being so mad about it I barely went, and luckily passed with a B. I think my teacher figured out what was going on and let me be with just submitting my work and leaving the class. I kid you not I think I gained a few pounds from the stress of being in there and probably said not 5 words the entire semester.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast