Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attempting primal pregnancy page 2

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmontana View Post
    Question: does/did anyone else get crazy muscle cramps when pregnant? Out of nowhere the other day my calf cramped up, it lasted 3 days! I started drinking coconut water and eating bananas. I just thought it was odd.
    I got one at night and walked it off. I think it was after I'd puked; I don't remember. I was probably dehydrated, so it would make sense. Sorry, I don't know any more.

I drink a lot of mineral water, though. Every dinner. I go through a bottle of Gerolsteiner every other day. It doesn't have a ton of minerals in it compared to, say, a supplement, but I wonder sometimes if it's why I don't have a problem with muscle cramps.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmontana View Post
    Also, I'm not as regular as I usually am, what to do about constipation?
    Just weathering that storm, here. Heh. -_-

I'm usually super regular, so it's kind of weird having such a slooooow digestion suddenly....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    the only leg cramp i got was in labor. that was the most painful part of my birth. I would say stretch also, and see if you can get some massage. it might just be some acting up around an adhesion of the fascia.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have been MIA for so long, life getting in the way. I am sorry to say my attempt at a primal pregnancy has been a royal FAILURE so far. I am having major food aversions to anything and everything primal and healthy. The sight and smell of meat makes me nauseous, I am force-feeding myself veggies and fat makes me turn green. So that said, what's a girl to eat!? Well, lots of fruit, nut butters are still okay. Here's the bad part, grains and pasta have sadly been my friends lately. I keep telling myself tomorrow will be better, no grains. Come morning, however, I stand with the fridge open, starving, and nothing sounds good but buttered toast. Sigh, well, hopefully after the first trimester ends in a few weeks I will get my appetite back.

My energy has been significantly lower as well. Probably a combo of the pregnancy and all the grains I'm eating. My poor husband has a very lazy wife who takes 3 hr. naps daily! Luckily he is very understanding.

I'm hoping that being more active on MDA will help kick start my eating habits again. I was avoiding this site for awhile b/c I feel so non-primal at the moment but I know its good for me to keep reading and participating in posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12