Thread: Duck/Goose Fat page

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member

Duck/Goose Fat

Shop Now
    Hey.
    I've been wanting to buy some duck or goose fat, but I'm wondering which one taste better and which one has the most nutritive profile ?

Thanks
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Duck fat has an interesting taste to it. I've used it to fry eggs, and vegetables. I may try goose fat.
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Duck and goose fat are very similar in both taste and nutritional profile... buy some of both and pick the one you like.
    Duck fat is a bit ducky and goose fat is a bit goosey... if you know the difference in the flavor of duck and goose and prefer one over the other choose that way.
    Even more fun. Buy a whole duck and a whole goose, eat them and use the rendered fat for cooking.
    Delicious.
    I adore both duck and goose fat.
    They are probably my favorite fats next to/just above bacon grease and tallow from cooking marrow bones or heart fat (which I like for completely different reasons/different flavor profile).
    But since I don't have to pick which fat to love... I get to love them all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

If you eat white potatoes occasionally, potatoes + duck fat + rosemary = win.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Frying anything in duck fat =WIN.
    Duck/Goose fat is the sacred ointment with which angels lubricate their wings. *cue celestial trumpets*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Duck/Goose fat is the sacred ointment with which angels lubricate their wings. *cue celestial trumpets*
    I shall invest in duck and goose fat for more... lubricating experiments.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    +1

Mmmmloooovveeeee potatoes fried in duck fat.

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Yummy schmaltz, add in just a little bit of finely chopped apple and onion and just use it cold as a spread on anything.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I finally bought Duck Fat, it's absolutely wonderful.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Paleobird Guest
    The last time I cooked a goose, I had this huge jar of fat leftover that I used for cooking for ages. I would say duck fat tastes closer to dark meat chicken but goose is a little gamier. Even the breast meat on a goose is a dark meaty color. Both are delicious.

Enjoy.