Thread: Greeting from Cleveland ohio page

Stripes79 is offline Junior Member

Greeting from Cleveland ohio

I've been checking out this site for a while now and decided to start posting. Any other native Clevelanders here?

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Oh hi! I'm from Lakewood.

It's nice to see another primal Clevelander. I checked around for fellow groks on Meetup and Craigslist but couldn't find a soul.

Nice to meetcha!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Stripes79 is offline Junior Member
    Nice to meet you! I'm in Maple Hts.

It loks like we started about the same time. I started just after New Year's. I've hit the wall though.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Yup, I started around the middle of January.

Don't worry if you've hit a plateau. I didn't lose a pound through all of April and it was super frustrating. But it started up again after I did a few extra-strenuous workouts (I wasn't exercising at all before that). I think my body just forgot what it was doing, like an old person who walks into a room and then forgets what they went in there for. I just had to beat it over the head with a whole bunch of squats and suddenly it remembered. That may not be what does it for you, but I know you'll find something that works.

If you ever feel like chatting on IM or something, send me a PM through the site. I would love to have a primal hangout/exercise buddy! Part of my desire to meet local primal folk is that it just gets so annoying having to explain/justify to people what I do. And I hate being all "Oh yeah, I'd love to go out to eat tonight! But I think that place you want to go to cooks their food in soybean oil.. Also, their butter/creamer/cheese/whatever is fake... Oh, mexican? Well I can't eat beans, or rice, or tortillas.... Chinese? They cook in peanut oil... Italian? I don't eat pasta..." Etc etc etc. It would be nice to have a local friend who gets it!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -