Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do I need extra fat if I am already fat? page

Michaeljwjr is offline Junior Member

Do I need extra fat if I am already fat?

Shop Now
    I am still according to my BMI (33.74) obese. I am wondering if for my diet I really need to incorporate extra fat into my diet or is my own fat enough provided I am consuming the requisite Protein and Nutrition part.

Should I add coconut oil, animal skin, or anything else, or can I cut out all the extra animal fat and maintain the protein and nutrition?

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Best analogy I know~ if you want to start a fire, you need some kindling~ you can't just throw a match on a log. Get yourself some MCT (medium chain triglycerides) like coconut oil and get that fire going!

Short answer, yes, you need to get into fat burning mode and MCT will get you there.

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    I don't think we need to treat fat as a supplement to be dosed. Eat as much of it as you want - cook your veggies in butter, eat the skin on your chicken, and put a little cream in your coffee because it tastes good and even a small amount helps keep you full and satisfied. But I don't think it's necessary to eat fat for fat's sake.

On the other hand, I also think that "cutting out all the extra animal fat" has the potential to make you feel deprived and unsatisfied, which can cause any "diet" to fail.

You don't need "extra", you just need as much as makes you feel full and satisfied. Cutting out snacks and going a little longer between meals will encourage your body to burn more of its own fuel (fat).

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Beyond fat burning, there are the positive hormonal benefits of a diet rich in monounsaturated and saturated fats. One of the biggest is the fact that consumption of monounsaturated fats and saturated fats increase testosterone levels. As you know, testosterone is what creates the anabolic state that builds and/or maintains muscle, this is crucial to helping the body burn fat.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    you need fuel from somwhere - not just protein and stored bodyfat, or you'll feel like shit. that's not the way to go.

you can fuel with clean, primal carbs, or fat. you may find it easier to go with fat, at least at first.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    most find that protein and fats are the most sating, especially at first. eat reasonable amounts of both and the rest should follow.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    You need some dietary fat- there's a limit to how much you can pull from your body daily. But you don't need to drink butter or anything.

scottts is offline Junior Member
    Check this out Perfect Health Diet: Weight Loss Version | Perfect Health Diet. Paul Jaminets weight lose version of the Perfect Health Diet. He explains very well what fats you need to eat and how much can come from body fat.

Basically you need nutrient rich fat in your diet becasue your body fat doesn't contain any lipid soluble nutrients.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't quite a big as you but I was pretty much your average lardass and when I went on the PB I had to ditch 50-60% of my calories right then and there in the form of grains, sugar and processed vegetable oils.

Basically it was either protein through...jerky I suppose or good fats. Eating lots of good fat will curb your appetite for hours upon hours along with meat which will turn you away from running on sugar into a lean mean fat burning machine.

Good luck and grok on..

Michaeljwjr is offline Junior Member
    oh I have no problem with the appetite. I eat lunch / dinner and am normally full through till lunch again. I only get hungry after my workouts in time for lunch.

I am considering cutting back on my fat intake only because I am so full. I eat a massive greens salad with vegetables and for lunch usually a fish, and for dinner a lean meat. Sometimes I cook with coconut oil to get good fat in the evening but I am solid full through till morning so I can afford to cut back on any extra fat in the mean time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast