Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Pregnancy! page

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member

A Primal Pregnancy!

Shop Now
    Hi! This is where I will be posting my ups and unders of a primal(ish) pregnancy. This is my second, so I'm trying not to set myself up for failure knowing morning sickness is a beast! There will be ice cream at some point! I was officially 4 weeks along as of yesterday. My husband, son, and I have been primal for 2-1/2 months so far. We tried twice (two days) for this baby before we decided we wanted to wait 6 more months...but our bodies had different ideas and this baby is meant to be!

So far, I have slight sickness in the morning, but it immediately passes after I get out of bed. I have a little pressure in my lower abdomen and it hurts, slightly, on my left side if I try to suck in my stomach. My boobs are already huge! I'm tired in the afternoons. I crave FAT! I've been eating cheese (grilled on the stove), bacon, meat, some veggies, and fruit. I'm still having a coffee in the morning, but feeling a little guilty about it. Anyone else drink coffee through their pregnancy?

That's it for now!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:158.8 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal!

Lose 1" off of each: chest, waist, hips, thighs by vacation in mid-May! Currently 36-1/2", 26-1/2", 35-1/2", 21-1/2". Strength training and walking here I come!!

Ukprimalchick is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! I hope you will have a smooth-as-can-be pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Thank you, both!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal!

Lose 1" off of each: chest, waist, hips, thighs by vacation in mid-May! Currently 36-1/2", 26-1/2", 35-1/2", 21-1/2". Strength training and walking here I come!!

Today, I sneezed and felt some round ligament pain on my left side. Feeling really good today and have more energy than I've had the past few days! Hubby and I will be dropping off our son at a friend's house tonight so we can go to a seminar at the birth center I will hopefully be delivering at. I'm very excited about tonight! My first delivery was in the hospital, but I have heard so many good things about having a midwife and particularly about attending this birth center!

I was curious about my weight today and it was 163.6 lbs. I'm curious, also, to see what primal will do regarding my weight gain while pregnant. I'll be checking weekly on Thursdays. Will I gain 30 lbs. like my last pregnancy? Will I gain 20 lbs. as I am already 10 lbs. above my pre-pregnancy weight with my first baby? Will this baby eat all my fat stores and leave me gaining even less? I'm so interested in what will happen! Does anyone have any primal pregnancy experiences where they gained more or less than they expected?
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 06-21-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal!

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    I just found out i am 4 week pregnant too! Crazy.... This will be my 2nd baby but first primal. We struggled through 2 years of trying to conceive and 5 months of hormones. This therapy made me gain some weight so I'm hoping that I will not gain as much during this pregnancy.

I havnt had any morning sickness yet or breast growth, although that didn't happen till the very end for me last time. My hormones are RAGING though. I have definitely been having menstration-like symptoms: cramping, bloating, super moody, and really tired. I already indulged in some ice cream, I got a little excited so time to rein it in. I will be increasing carbs though, I was pretty low for awhile.

Coffee...love my life! I have been mixing 1/2 reg and 1/2 decaf so I can have 2 cups. I usually have some decaf in the afternoon too- I love it Sooo much!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! I'm experiencing some similar stuff (round ligament pain when I sneeze or move suddenly or cough or laugh hard), and morning sickness that passes around the time I'm ready for breakfast. There's a little nausea throughout the day, but so far, so good. There was some heavy-duty barfing last week. I'm hoping that's all I'll have to deal with!

I'm also curious about the weight gain. So far I seem to be holding steady.

I got myself switched to half-caff about six months back. I have 12 oz in the morning and that's it. If I need more coffee during the day, I drink decaf.

Good luck, and here's to a safe and primal pregnancy!

primalMontana, Congrats to you! I think I was replying to your thread as you were replying to mine, haha! Glad to hear another mama not letting go of her coffee!

onalark, Congrats to you, too! How far along are you? Heavy-duty barfing? I'm sorry! I hope to dodge that one, myself :/ With my first, I had 2-1/2 half weeks of nausea, but no barfing. But, every pregnancy's different, right? I've read nausea is a sign of a healthy pregnancy...
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    onalark, Congrats to you, too! How far along are you? Heavy-duty barfing? I'm sorry! I hope to dodge that one, myself :/ With my first, I had 2-1/2 half weeks of nausea, but no barfing. But, every pregnancy's different, right? I've read nausea is a sign of a healthy pregnancy...
    8 weeks tomorrow.

I've read that. I've also read it's bullshit. Heh. It's all just a matter of how gracefully your body handles the flood of hormones. I say -- don't borrow grief if you don't need it, and if you get through without puking, huzzah!

onalark, happy 8 weeks! I'll definitely update everyone on my puke status
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast