Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Pregnancy! page 7

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks, I'm excited for her! So sad about the wine . You could probably do a cider or liquor with fruit juice? (lots of carbs, but primal-ish). I saw some of your comments on the circumcision thread. Our boy is intact. I am not a fan of vaxing. I had my second child at a birth center. I did as little testing as I could but they really pushed for the glucose test and I obliged. Low-intervention is the way to go! I considered a homebirth, but it really worried my husband. The birth center was a really good middle-ground since it is located across the street from a hospital. Good for you for choosing homebirth!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:167 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    Thanks, I'm excited for her! So sad about the wine . You could probably do a cider or liquor with fruit juice? (lots of carbs, but primal-ish). I saw some of your comments on the circumcision thread. Our boy is intact. I am not a fan of vaxing. I had my second child at a birth center. I did as little testing as I could but they really pushed for the glucose test and I obliged. Low-intervention is the way to go! I considered a homebirth, but it really worried my husband. The birth center was a really good middle-ground since it is located across the street from a hospital. Good for you for choosing homebirth!
    I've always thought a BC birth would be fun, the "excitement" of leaving because "it's time" is fun IMO. I had a homebirth with my 2nd daughter, it's was really low-key, I'm "planning" for this one to be outdoors (!!!), very excited about that. We don't do the vax thing either, we keep it pretty "natural" around here, or at least as much as possible!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Outdoor birth?! That's awesome!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

justme is offline Senior Member
    Yay for crunchy primal mamas! My daughter was born in her bedroom and we keep things pretty natural too

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

That's awesome, Justme! We're more than likely to find a lot of "Earth Mamas" around here!

165.8 lbs. today, so yes, I was a bit dehydrated two days ago. I'll be there in a few days, anyway .

We've all been feeling tired around here in the last few days. I have no desire to do my normal chores. I just want to veg-out and nap. I haven't made it to the gym because of snow. I think we all may be coming down with something. Or it's just cold and wintery. But both of my kids are tired and my husband even went into work late this morning so he could sleep in. He never does that, so it's probably a bug of sorts. If this is the worst of it, I'll take it!
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 12-10-2013 at 09:23 AM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Amazing news! Mom completed day 1 of being primal! I talked to her and she said my older brother and little sister are on board, too!! Best Christmas present ever!! This is amazing and happening so much quicker than I expected! Hooray for healthy family!! Bro and sis are not overweight. My bro could lose a little, but sis is size 0, so she could probably stand to gain a few lbs. Anyway, I am so happy and I love that my family is so openminded and willing to try this with me!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

165.2 lbs this morning. I'm sill beyond excited for my Mom who needs to lose about 50 more lbs. Today is her day 2 of Primal eating and counting carbs up to 80g. She is going to do this. She said she would give me 30 days and I said she will lose 15-20 lbs in that time. A big thing to promise, but I really feel like it will happen! 10 lbs water weight/10 lbs fat. This is her last leg of her journey back to health. She quit smoking almost 5 years ago, has lost about 40 lbs in the last year and a half, started weight training...is so much more mentally healthy too! She just needs to get these 50 lbs off her tiny 5'-2" frame. That's the end, and the beginning!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Okay. I think today is the beginning of day 20 of low carb Primal eating:

I am able to button my winter coat!!!!!!!
    I am able to wear my ring on the finger it belongs on!
    Abs are showing up.
    I can pull up and stay there for 2 seconds (after having my baby, I couldn't even hang w/o pulling up for 1 sec).
    Can I just say it again-Collarbones!
    Keratosis Pilaris is fading fast.
    I look like "me" again.

I am still psyched!
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 12-11-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

166.0 lbs. Lots of salt bringing the weight up, maybe? I think I am a bit constipated. That never happens to me. Maybe the lack of fruit in my diet? Do I need more veggies? I'm happy to have my energy back up, though. Baby girl is teething and was up a million time the last 2 nights, so I am a little sleepy. We co-sleep, so all I do is roll over and nurse her, but it's still majorly interrupted sleep which is not the greatest.

Happy to be alive and excited for what the future may bring!

I just sat down to make sure that my calories have come down enough to lose weight (even though I usually just track my carbs). Calories per day end up totaling somewhere between 1300-1500 per day. I think that's good enough to lose, as I'm also nursing my 10 month old (500-800 cals per day). Hope I'm eating enough. I'm eating to hunger, so it should work just the way it's supposed to, right?
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 12-12-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Weight has been the same, 166, for about a week now. I purposely ate lots of chocolate, and a small amount of cookies to push my carbs up to 150g or so. I feel like sometimes that has to happen for your body to start letting go again...or maybe it's just my body. Or maybe I'm making it up. Either way, lots of chocolate and a little bit of cookies...and 3 sips of soda at a party I'm back to eating well and low-carb primal today. We'll see if the carb bump has done anything in the next couple of days. This is carb cycling, no? I will have to look that up.

My Mom will be weighing in tomorrow after 7 days Primal. She is doing really well. I'm excited for her and I can't wait to see her loss for this week (yes, mostly water, but it's a nice push when you see the number jump)! I had her measure herself, too, so she will check those again at the end of 30 days. I'm hoping to submit a mother/daughter primal success story in the future!

I went to a kid's birthday party yesterday. I saw many moms that I have not seen in a few months. Everyone was saying how great I looked and how thin I had gotten. It was really nice. It was great because I really feel as good as they say I am looking, kwim? I'm not like, "No, I really look like shit." I'm saying, "Thank you. I've been working on it." And I'm really appreciating the compliments.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast