-lose 4-5 lbs. and get to my pre-pregnancy weight
    -stay low-carb Primal (80g per day)
    -get to the gym 2x per week
    -walk every day I can with the kids
    -follow my chore chart
    -make Christmas happen
    -make Christmas cards happen
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    167.2 lbs this morning. My body is definitely ready to let go of this excess weight! That's 5 lbs. lost in the 11 days that I've been counting my carbs (I've been Primal for months, but not carb-counting during that time). My Mom and I have been at this weight-loss thing together-ever since I had my second child 9-1/2 months ago. We both plateaued for months. I keep telling her about my loss and she keeps saying, "Whatever works for you". I just told her "I'm here when you're ready"

She'll come to the dark-side soon. I know it. I'll just keep updating her with my weight-loss and health improvements. She won't be able to resist soon.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

justme is offline Senior Member
    Would you mind sharing what generally comprises your 80 g carb? I'm curious, especially since you are the only fellow nursing mama whose blog I have found ( I don't know any IRL ).

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Hey, justme!

My typical day is:
    Breakfast-2 strips of bacon, 2-3 fried eggs, and a handful of berries or 1/2 a banana=5-12g carbs
    Lunch-Sweet potato with butter, salt, and cinnamon=22-30g carbs OR Leftover dinner=10-20g carbs
    Dinner-Meat, lots of veggies=10-20g carbs
    Maybe a snack-Nuts/1/2 apple or banana/dark chocolate/wine=8-30g carbs

My days vary and my appetite is so low now, I have to make sure I'm eating enough carbs. I was so worried about losing my milk, that's why I didn't start counting carbs until I knew my baby was getting solids on the regular. There isn't too much info about low-carb and breastfeeding. I'm on my 12th day and baby girl seem to be doing fine and has been gaining well, so I'm not worried. I will still keep an eye on her weight and growth as I go-just in case. She is 22.6 lbs. at 9-1/2 months old. How old is your nursling? Do you count carbs or are you interested in starting? How much weight do you have to lose?
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Thank you for sharing! It sounds like your daughter is doing awesome!

I don't count carbs, and I think that I have accidentally been eating too little of everything ( then bingeing at the end of the day ).

My daughter is 16 m and at this point, I'm not focusing on weight loss, I just want to get my depression and BED under control.

I wasn't counting carbs until recently. I'm ready to get the weight off now. What is BED? Congrats on 16 months of nursing! I nursed my first until he was 2 yrs 8 months
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

BED is binge eating disorder.

I hope that she nurses for awhile! I let my son wean at 15 m when in retrospect, I think that it was actually a nursing strike There will be no more babies for us and I cant believe that she is already 16 m.

Oh, I definitely had BED! Once I dropped a bunch of the carbs, all of that went away. Right around 120g and above of carbs brings back cravings and binging. I am so at peace with food, now. I'm learning how to make all types of cool Paleo/Primal food. It's pretty glorious.

Letting them nurse is so good for them and for us. Time goes by so quickly with the second baby, right?! I wish that I let my son go until he wanted. I was just starting to have a skin-crawly feeling every time he nursed, and I was so ready to be done. My little girl is not as into nursing as he was. She really only nurses for 5-10 minutes to eat. No comfort nursing, so I hope she still wants to nurse for a while. My kids are both dairy protein intolerant, so it's really good that they nurse for a while.

166.8 lbs. this morning. 5.4 lbs. gone in 13 days (carbs at 80g per day). When I say the weight is melting off...I really mean it! It's kinda crazy how quickly it's happening and I am amazed and excited! One word: Collarbones. Yes, I can see them! They are beautiful and lovely and everything I remember about them! I keep thinking of myself 5 months from now on the beach with a drink in my hand and feeling so comfortable in my smaller body. It helps drive me. But where will I get all of the new clothes that I am going to need? Probably the thrift store as I plan on getting even smaller after that Actually, I could probably hit my goal of 148-150 lbs. by then...especially at this rate. I know weight loss will not always be this fast-or will it? With babe nursing away...who knows. I am 5'-6" and I do not want to be too thin. I love my hourglass figure and all of my curves. I am currently 38-1/2--28-1/2--38-1/2 measurement-wise. Maybe 36-26-36 would be ideal? We shall see. I'm thinking that would be about 140 lbs. I just want to be healthy and hot! When I was pregnant with my second (and 212-1/2 lbs) some 20-something guy at the pizza shop called me "lady". Not to be rude, but he used it and I felt like I was so old. I promised myself that day that after I had my little one, I would become a hot mom. I don't know why I was offended by the word "lady" being used to describe me...it's just...I'm a girl, dammit! I may be approaching my 32nd birthday, but I am a girl...not an (old) lady.

Well, tomorrow will be a little over two months Primal and 2 solid weeks eating 80g of carbs per day. I will at least comment as to how much I've lost in 2 weeks. I am really grateful and beyond excited about my weight dropping!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Your progress is so inspiring. I love that you are focusing on healthy rather then thin. I'm 5'5 and I was feeling uncomfortable at 130, but I think that I'm being too hard on myself and now I definitely want to be strong over thin.

I read something once that said that like any other relationship, nursing has to work for both people involved. If mama is feeling uncomfortable or resentful, something has to change, and it sounds like it was time for a change.

Even when my daughter was younger, I felt that I would no longer feel comfortable nursing after 2 ( even though I fully support mamas who do ). But now ... well, 2 is coming so fast! We are just taking it day by day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, justme. Yes, I absolutely want to be as healthy as possible and just reduce my size a bit. I don't want to be skinny or scrawny...and I don't want to be ripped either! I want to be healthy, youthful, vibrant, curvy, sexy, and completely comfortable with myself. I spent every spare minute googling Paleo success stories yesterday. I am so inspired.

Definitely don't be so hard on yourself, Justme. It's all in how our minds-eye sees ourselves. This site is helpful in seeing yourself the way others might see you http://www.mybodygallery.com. After viewing that site, I felt a lot better about myself. And after taking my measurements, I realize that I'm already pretty hot! Haha.

Today is day 14 and I'm 167.6 lbs this morning. No biggie as weight all depends on salt/water intake, caffeine intake, and where I am digestion-wise. The number will keep trending down. I've lost a total of 5 lbs. in 2 weeks. If I lose another 5 lbs. in the next 2 weeks, that's 10 lbs. in a month! I think I can live with that
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 12-05-2013 at 08:09 AM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast