Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Pregnancy! page 4

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Hope you get to feeling better soon! I think the 9 weeks to 12 weeks can be the toughest part of the first trimester with food aversions and nausea. With both of my full-term pregnancies, I pretty much only ate mashed potatoes, bananas and crackers from 7 weeks to 12 weeks. And with my second, I was sickly until 15 weeks, but not as intense. I think you need to cut yourself a little slack during this time. It's just as important to be gentle and playful with yourself regarding what you eat. You'll be feeling great again soon, and can make better choices.

One of the idea I like about Mark's approach is also to be playful and to trust your instincts. This is so important during pregnancy.

I wish you both a very happy and healthy 9 months! As you know, it goes by so fast. My "baby" is now almost 14 months old, and my oldest is going to kindergarten. Woah!

By the way, I did the hypnobabies program with both of my babies, and they have a track you can download from their website that helps with nausea. I'm not trying to sell something, just letting you know. I think it's a separate track from their birth preparation program. Just an idea! I didn't discover it until late into the first tri with my second. I did use their program for my births and loved it.

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the sweet words, avocadogirl!

I've been back to eating Primal(ish) eating for about 3 weeks now. I'm feeling much better and most cravings have been calmed. I've stopped gaining weight (which is good, I was gaining at lightening speed). I'm hanging at 171 lbs. at 14 weeks pregnant. I've gained a total of 8 lbs. so far. I'm eating about 70-90% primal on any given day which I feel is a huge success after the backslide I did to white carbs during the first trimester. Morning sickness is the worst! But, that's over now, and I can focus on being healthy again.

I have been giving myself permission to have a non-primal indulgence each day and it seems to be keeping me in-check, so to speak, with the rest of my diet. Yesterday, I had a snickers ice cream bar after dinner, but some days my indulgence is just having a wrap with my salad inside instead of just salad by itself. I'm eating lots of eggs, bacon, fruit, sweet potatoes, meat, and some veggies. I'm keeping up with my vitamins (multi, and fish oil).

I know weight shouldn't be such a huge thing, but it is. It is for me. I don't want to be 200 lbs. at the end of this pregnancy. I was 185 lbs. at the end of my first pregnancy and I would be overjoyed if that's where I landed with this one. I'm hoping primal can even me out. I would never do anything to restrict my food intake or be hungry just for the sake of not gaining too much weight. I will eat whatever is needed to have a healthy baby. I have lots of extra energy stored around my butt, hips, and thighs, so as long as that energy is able to be pulled from, there should be no issues, right?

I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying to the best I can. I've been walking a lot more, and getting as much movement in each day as I can. I would like to start doing some body resistance training, again. Just starting to "show" a little bit in the last few days. I will keep updating every so often.
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 08-28-2012 at 02:27 PM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Out of the first trimester and into to glory of the 2nd! I feel so much better. First trimester was unbelievably NON-primal. I finally feel like myself again and want to eat veggies and meat. I am still eating a lot of fruit but I'm really ok with that right now. I also have full-fat dairy everyday as well. I gained 7 lbs. so far at 16 wks. 4days. like you, I hope that will even out for awhile since going primal again. Knowing the same things are happening with you makes me feel better about the first-trimester primal disaster!

Well, I had a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby girl. She is 8-1/2 months old and just awesome! She's working on tooth #3 and #4 and just recently started crawling, pulling herself up, and cruising along the furniture.

I gained 49 lbs total during my pregnancy putting me at 212-1/2lbs when I delivered. Oh, boy! I lost 18 lbs. the following day after I had her. I lost a total of 32 lbs. by 8 weeks postpartum. Now, at 8 months postpartum, I am finally seeing the scale move down again after recommitting to Primal eating and heading to the gym 2x a week. I am at 40 lbs. lost. 9 more to go from this pregnancy and 10-15 lbs. more to get down to the weight I was before having my first child. This will happen! Stupid sunbutter was holding me back. No more!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

171.6 lbs. today. I am thrilled as this is the lowest I've been in many, many months. I think I was 3 months pregnant the last time I weighed this amount. So 15ish months? The weight seems to literally be falling off my body at this point. I can't believe it was as simple as removing the sunbutter from my diet. Oh, well. Little baby is almost exclusively breastfed (she eats a little bit of solids now and again) and she is 21-1/2 lbs., so she is helping me get this weight off, too.

I wore my "skinny" jeans for the first time today, and although they are still a little tight, they were wearable. I am currently wearing a pair of pants my MIL got me for Christmas. This is my first time wearing them as I was never able to comfortably wear them before. They are super comfy now!

Trying to remember what I ate today:

2 oranges
    2 bananas
    4 eggs
    6 strips of bacon
    2 bowls of homemade chicken and veggie soup
    2 cookies (my son had a Halloween party at school, so I indulged)
    Hot tea (caffeine free)
    Water

I am pumped about the weight loss and I hope it's smooth-sailing to my goal weight!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

justme is offline Senior Member
    WTG, mama!

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Thanks, Justme!

I had a few day fling with Halloween candy, but I'm back and doing really well with eating and exercising. I'm down over a lb. to 170.2 lbs. I am so excited to enter the 160s again!

I started upping my weights and doing less reps at the gym, and I saw a difference immediately. Plus, I'm at the gym for a shorter amount of time. After I focus on getting my strength up for a few months, I am going to switch it up with some slow cardio on the bike and elliptical. That's the plan anyway.

I'm so impressed with how quickly my body is changing.

We did Paleo pancakes this past weekend, and I think they will be a definite weekend staple. We all loved them!
    1 banana
    1 egg
    1 tbsp of almond butter

Mix. Cook in coconut oil on a cast iron skillet. Serve with butter and real maple syrup.

To. Die. For.

Happy 9 months to my little girl! She is growing like a little flower. 22.2 lbs. this morning and Mommy's lost 42 lbs. 7 more lbs. to go to my pre-pregnancy weight (with her).
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 11-14-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

justme is offline Senior Member
    You are inspiring! Thanks for the reminder of how good it feels to treat your body well.

I am definitely trying those pancakes this weekend. Ive seen them before, but your glowing review has me convinced.

Sent from my LG-E617G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Justme, let me know how you liked the pancakes!

I'm on my sixth day of eating only 80 carbs per day and I'm feeling great! I had a banging headache on day 3 that was kind of expected. I did take some headache medicine because the pain was intolerable. Anyway, I'm feeling great, and down to my lowest weight of 168.8 lbs. (lowest since giving birth 9 months ago). My lowest adult weight was 142 lbs. and I was nearly starving myself to get there. Now that babe is eating some solids, I feel good about just doing this and getting the weight off...not worrying about losing my milk or my supply dipping because she has food to supplement (I don't think anything will happen to my milk, but that is what kept me from dropping the carbs up to this point).

I am 5'-6" with the measurements 39-29-39. I am very curvy and proportionate, so small amounts of weight loss or gain don't really show up on me for a while. I've lost 10 lbs since I've last seen my family, but I also cut my hair super-short, so they may not notice the weight loss when I go home for Thanksgiving tonight. I'm fine with that. If the do ask about it, I will be super-pumped to talk about Primal eating though!!

When I discovered this blog almost 2 years ago, something clicked in my brain. My search for the correct way to feed myself and finally be healthy and fit had ended (or just begun). Many of my family members are big (obese) and since I was 9 years old, I've been searching for a way to make sure that didn't happen to me. I tried everything-diet pills, calorie counting, exercising like crazy, etc. Primal eating is finally it! "Show then aide" is someone's blog title around here. This is exactly how I feel right now. I'm going to get as healthy and fit as possible and hopefully inspire many of my family members. That drives me. The other thing that drives me is the idea of just getting as "hot" as I can and really knowing it and feeling it because being healthy, happy, and fit (and really knowing it) is as hot as it gets!

I, also, lift as heavy as I can 2x per week and I think that's bringing it all together. I've been doing that for about 10 weeks now. My posture is much better, my butt is firmer, and my arms and legs are looking nice.

I have 2 vacations coming up. One is in 5 months. One in 6 months. This body is going to be looking pretty good by then!
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 11-27-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm back from a 4 day vacation at my In-laws house. My parents live around the corner from them, so we got lots of family time and it was a great visit over-all. I had some sort of stomach virus or food poisoning last night. My body completely emptied itself at 1am. I think I may be around 167 tomorrow because of that. I ate rather well and kept mostly low-carb primal. I had several glasses of wine, but didn't have one piece of pie or cake...ok, I had one pinky-taste of each

Lowering my carbs has been quite magical. Being low-carb (80g per day), I can resist all junk food. The power is amazing! The weight is pouring off. I think I'm on day 10 and I am down about 3-1/2 lbs. as far as I know. It could be more like 5 lbs. Everyone seemed to notice that I had lost weight. That was really cool. I wasn't expecting anyone to really notice because it's only been about 10 lbs., but they did. It was nice to be complemented. No one really asked what I was doing though, so I didn't beat them over the heat about MDA. haha.

My pre-pregnancy weight was 163.5 lbs. I'm thinking I can reach that by Christmas (maybe go under)? I am amazed at how easy it is and I really hope to inspire my and my husband's family. My sister texted me the other day and told me that she is going to try to get rid of gluten from her diet. After reading a ton, she is convinced she is wheat-intolerant. Of course, I exploded about the Primal Blueprint and how much I love eating this way!

Some positives that I'm noticing:
    -easier to run up the stairs
    -after playing a dancing video game, I was not winded, but my SIL who is younger than me was!
    -my energy is really high, especially in the afternoon when I always used to need a nap
    -my keretosis pilaris (chicken skin) seems to be healing
    -my mood is more even
    -I'm more optimistic

I can't wait to mention more positive changes in the upcoming weeks/months!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast