Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Pregnancy! page 3

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think the 80/20 rule is good to follow during pregnancy and anytime really. No one likes a food snob that can't cut loose and have something "bad" once in awhile! I follow my cravings (only ones I've had so far are for pickles) but first try to fulfill them with something primal.
    Ice cream=full fat Greek yogurt (I choose to include dairy)
    Or frozen banana blended w/milk, cocoa powder, and almond butter
    Salty= pork rinds or bacon, pickles
    Toast/bread= coconut flour pancakes
    Pasta= spaghetti squash

There are so many options it's hard to justify the real thing. Unless of course I really just want some I've cream

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    primalMontana, Thanks for the cravings advice! I will definitely be trying all of those!

Today I ate:
    Coffee with heavy cream
    2 bananas
    1/4 apple
    2 slices bacon
    2 scrambled eggs
    6 chicken wings fried in bacon fat
    2/3 cup chocolate almond milk
    skor bar (I know, I know. It's 25 carbs and grain-free, at least)
    2 large sausages with sauteed peppers, onions, spinach, and tomatoes

(Roughly 100 carbs and 2100-2300 calories. And, I'm really going to keep it honest when I log my food here!)
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 06-26-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Okay. I cannot stop peeing! It's crazy how much I've peed today! 20x maybe? Also, nausea has made itself known. Around 3pm today, I was feeling so icky. The nausea has subsided for now.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

I have been peeing a ton lately too, I don't remember that the first time around. Luckily, I have not gotten Nauseus yet. Knock on wood! I have been craving salt, I think I am low in electrolytes b/c I sweat so much when I work out, my bodies telling me something.

primalmontana, you still have the energy to workout!? I wish! Whenever I have a free minute (when hubby comes home), I take a nap! I'm craving salt, too. I do remember peeing a lot during my last pregnancy. I remember I could not go an hour without peeing! By the end, I was peeing 3-4x and hour! Then I went right back to normal after I gave birth.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Lots of mild nausea. Eating lots of non-primal foods. I still feel like primal is the best way to eat, I'm just completely turned off by a lot of meat (I am still interested in chicken and turkey). Eggs are turning me off. Veggies are turning me off-except I'm gaga over tomatoes and tomato sauce! I crave cheese, cheese, cheese and tortilla chips, ice cream, candy bars, fruit (thank goodness), and lots of salt and fat. I am still keeping a lot of the primal principals in mind. I only eat when I'm hungry. I'm getting lots of fun and sun. I'm keeping stress low. I'm eating primal when possible. I'm taking my vitamins. I'm moving my body...etc. The food part will come back into play. Maybe in the second trimester my hormones will calm down a little and I'll be back on track with the eating part? I really believe in eating primal and even if it's after the birth of my baby that I can eat fully primal again, so be it. It has done wonders for my and my family's health. I'm just on a bumpy track right now (no pun intended)! Btw, I'm even turned off by bacon How sad is that?

On a side note, I just sneezed, and the round ligament pain was so bad I wanted to scream (but didn't). As painful as that just was, it's also reassuring that the little bugger in there is still growing
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

It's insane how much you sound like me! Ice cream, tortilla chips, fruit and cheese are things I have been craving insanily! I am having a hard time staying primal right now as well. Staying away from starches is still a priority for me (except the pizza i had last night...oops!) but im just kinda goin with the flow. Surprisingly, i have had no aversions to food yet. My first pregnancy i could not stand the sight of veggies or chicken and red meat sounded fantastic!

Sneezing is the worst- so painful, I was surprised as this was another thing I do not recall with my first.

None of my clothes are fitting right now. Went from a size 6-8 to a 10 in about two months thanks to hormone therapy and now the pregnancy. I'm having a hard time dealing with this, I have not been this size in a really long time. I literally have nothing to wear. Trying to get over it by reminding myself to stay healthy and active and the rest will fall into place.

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    I was totally turned off by big chunks of meat when I was pregnant. It was my only real aversion. What I *wanted* was broccoli and orange juice. MOAR ORANGE JUICE! MOAR! I wonder what's going on with that "meat is icky" thing? My guess is that even if pregnancy food-matters don't work well with primal stuff, you can focus on the other parts of the lifestyle--the barefootedness, the plenty of sleep, the sunlight exposure, the stress reduction, etc.

And yes--the first three months are pretty rough. Things get better every week, though. I'm happy that my little one can make eye contact and smile now; it's so much better to get some positive reinforcement in along with all the negative. =)

I totally hear you about pregnancy fear. I was always worried; I wanted a window into my belly so I could take looks at the little guy! It's maddening and very real fear!
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

I am having the biggest aversion to meat- just kinda started the last couple days. I have been eating a TON of fruit, can still manage veggies too. All I could eat today was a smoothie, a PB&J (so good) and a small salad. I guess I will have to accept that non-primal may have to be what I eat for a few months

I hear you girls! I haven't posted in a while because I have been so sick, I can barely do anything! Things are getting much better, now. Instead of sickness, it's more and more sleep that I need. I've been SO non-primal! I really, really believe primal is the healthiest way for me to eat. I have so many food aversions that I am just eating what I can at this point. I think I have turned a corner this week, as I have been craving fruit and actually able to eat vegetables! Yay! I am 9w1d pregnant. I've read that 9 weeks is the hump and it's all down hill after this. Hoping to get back to primal eating and even working out after the next couple weeks.

I saw the midwife for the first time on Friday. I'm doing well. Up to 169 lbs. at that point. I really, really liked the midwife and looking forward to meeting all of the midwives at the birth center. I'm really to tell my employers that I am pregnant this week. I'm so nervous for some reason!

As a side note, I just found out that one of my very good friends is due 10 days before me! I'm so excited. I didn't even know they were trying and vice-versa. Our first sons are 6 months apart.
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 07-23-2012 at 04:58 PM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast