Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Primal Pregnancy! page 2

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today, I took my son and his little friend to the water park (It's a fountain and a wading pool that they can play in downtown). It was super-fun and this is the 4th Friday we've gone. We spend a solid 2 hours there every time. The kids get to play with the water and each other. It's really lovely to meet friends there and to spend some time in the sun!

I'm barely feeling pregnant today. My bloating has gone down. My boobs are still very full. I have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee. I have good energy today, though. My appetite is not crazy, yet. I've been craving ice cream at night, but I haven't indulged, yet. I'm thinking if I can save it up and have one on the weekend, I can feel good about staying primal and just having that one splurge each weekend. Ok. I've also been craving a turkey hoagie these last 2 days. With mayo. And bacon. I suppose I can indulge in that without the bread? Maybe just everything over salad? I don't know if it will do the trick, but I'll try!

The seminar at the birth center was really informative and great last night. We arrived 15 min late because of traffic, but I don't think we missed too much. The speaker/midwife we had was pleasant, confident, cute, and funny. We had a tour of the building and my husband's mind was put at ease over the whole "not-giving-birth-in-the-hospital" thing. Our 2-1/2 year old stayed at our friend's house with them and their 3 year old son, and they all had a blast.

My son is in my lap watching a movie. It's "nap" time. I can't believe I'm really going to have another one of these cuties soon!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:167.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Btw, this is the part of the pregnancy that really stinks! You go from "Yeah, I'm pregnant!" to "OMG, What if I lose the baby?/What if I lost the baby?/Does that cramp mean I just lost the baby?...yeah, I'm there, but trying to remain positive and know that I'm eating very healthful and my body is fully capable of doing this!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    Btw, this is the part of the pregnancy that really stinks! You go from "Yeah, I'm pregnant!" to "OMG, What if I lose the baby?/What if I lost the baby?/Does that cramp mean I just lost the baby?...yeah, I'm there, but trying to remain positive and know that I'm eating very healthful and my body is fully capable of doing this!
    Yup yup yup. My nausea's subsided significantly, and so has the ligament pain, so I'm going through the day thinking, "I don't feel pregnant. Oh jeez, WHY DON'T I FEEL PREGNANT?"

Then I tell myself to chill out. :P Cuz my boobs still hurt and I still have to pee at night and I am still effing exhausted by 6 PM.

Ultrasound in 6 days! Then we get to find out if I should have been worrying!

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJes View Post
    I am making myself crazy thinking this way. My sister went through the same treatment I am going through and lost at least two that I know of. I think she stopped telling people after the 2nd one. I can not bring myself to tell many people yet b/c I am so worried. I have told a few close friends, my mom is visiting right now and I still havnt told her!

I cannot believe how pregnant I feel already! Seriously, my belly looks like it did at 3 mo. Last time!! I hope my bloating goes down too. It is so comforting to here you all are experiencing th round ligament pain too. I actually didn't know what it was until I read your post so thank you!

Blah. I am crazy tired! I take care of my son and two other kids during the week, and they don't all nap each day! I want to nap! I miss my nap!

I've also fallen off the primal diet a bit. Ice cream on Sat. Ice cream on Sun. Cookies today. I am recommitting myself as of this minute! All other foods have been primal besides these planned and unplanned cheats. No more cheats during the week! I didn't overeat any of these things-they were all a single-serving, so it could have been a lot worse. I will just keep on keeping on as Primal makes me feel so good and healthy. I know that is really what I want!

I've been peeing so much lately. It's kinda ridiculous! I was bloated over the weekend, but now I'm not so much. Sore boobs. And feelings of anxiety (slight). I'm just very...pregnant.

Onalark, good luck with your ultrasound!

PrimalMontana, I can't believe you hung out with your mom and didn't tell her! That would have drove me crazy!
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 06-25-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Mshathvri is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations to you! I'm the proud mama of a four month old boy. I had tons of round ligament pain! My relationship with coffee changed over the course of the pregnancy. I was really paranoid at first and only drank the decaf Folger's instant crystals (such crap), but eventually switched to quality decaf coffee. If I was pregnant again, I'd probably just keep drinking one cup of regular coffee a day.

I was just thinking earlier today that I wish that I'd been primal during my pregnancy, so I will be interested to see how this treats you!
    Beastly musician / My Primal Blog

My plan for the year (July 23rd 2012-July 23rd 2013):

Walk to Mordor. I have walked 12.33 miles out of 1779.
    Do Convict Conditioning / balance exercises.
    Eat primally.
    Take a progress picture once a week.
    Don't weigh myself.

Starting weight: 223
    Current weight: ???
    Goal weight: 145

Waist measurement 08/03/12: 42 inches and three quarters
    Goal waist measurement: 30 inches

Mshathvri, Thanks for chiming in! Congrats on your 4 month old! Those first 3 months are crazy, right? I'm a little nervous about those, but they go quickly. Enjoy every second!

I have been feeling a little shaky after my coffee in the morning which is a new feeling. My body seems to be processing the caffeine differently, now. Maybe I'll have just a little less tomorrow morning (I'm only drinking a cup a day, btw).

I'll be interested on how different this pregnancy feels eating mainly primally, too, Mshathvri!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

primalmontana is offline Senior Member
    I have been indulging in non-primal foods a little too much lately as well. Ice cream, brownies, and the tops off a few cupcakes (cream cheese frosting...yum...!!!) I need to get back on track now.

Made the mistake of weighing myself the other day. I'm the heaviest I have been in a really long time. Damn those fertility shots! I'm trying not to let it get to me, obviously now is not the time to be obsessing about weight huh?

I'm sorry you aren't able to take naps. I have been so tired lately. Luckily, my husband is a teacher so he has summers off. I just pawn off our 3 year old to him and lock my door hahaha. It's definitely a necessity for me right now.

I wanted to tell my parents at the same time. We are going camping this weekend so I figure it would be a good time to do it. I'm starting to tell more and more people, I can't keep it in!

Do you feel like you are showing already? I really can't believe it but I am, maybe it's just the bloat still. I'm stating to feel less pregnant, funny how that happens.

I am starting to "show", but only to myself. I just look bloated in the abdomen. My face looks normal, though. I have my normal jeans on today, and I have a little muffin top going on that I don't normally have. I'm going to miss my waist!

Nipples are super-sore this morning. The shower even hurt them. I'm glad that I'm not still nursing my son, but I miss it at the same time. I'll be really happy to nurse another baby!

I started caring for a new little boy yesterday. He is 4 months older than my son. As I watched them play, I started wishing for a little brother for my son. I will be happy either way. I really will. There is something very sweet about the thought of my son with a little brother, though

So far today, I've had coffee with heavy cream and a banana. Feeling overall good this morning!

Okay, I just got back from taking Two 30 lb. toddlers and one 40 lb. toddler to the playground. I carried one of the 30 lb toddlers on my back and pushed the other two in the stroller. Holy Shit am I tired! My blood sugar bottomed out even though I ate bacon and eggs just before leaving. Oh, boy. This blood sugar thing is interesting! I am not the girl that can do it all anymore! I'm going to miss outings with the kids I have to listen to my body, though, or else every day is going to be a struggle. I'm already fighting sleep and it's only noon!
    Last edited by PrimalJes; 06-26-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

I have been craving milk chocolate with toffee chips...I gave in and had a cup of chocolate almond milk.

I keep having a fight in my head: "Stay primal and be super healthy!" VS. "Follow your cravings just like your last pregnancy because you gained a good amount of weight (30 lbs.) and had a perfectly healthy child!"

I'm just going to keep remembering the 80/20 rule. If I can eat 80% primal each day, and 1 out of the 5 meals/snacks I eat each day are not primal, I am still on the right track! Right?
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast