Thread: Oh crap page

primalsun is offline Member

Oh crap

Primal Fuel
    Hey guys, I've been a primal diet follower for a while now and was doing really well but had a big screw up over the past three weeks. Through tough work and a caloric restriction diet I managed to get pretty slim and could finally see my top 4 abs when flexing, albeit I still had a good bit of fat on my lower stomach and chest. I went out of the country for two weeks and gained a small amount of weight but it wasnt much and i was confident i'd be able to lose it pretty quickly. However, once I got back I had to stay at my mother's house for a while because I had moved out of my appartment before my trip and am moving into a new place in July. During that week I had a crazy all out binge on pastries and ice cream and gained a bit more fat. I decided to go stay with friends out of town a few days ago and will be here till saturday. I planned on being healthy and careful about what I eat but they seemed to have a different agenda. Every night we've gone out to eat and dessert is always involved as well as alcohol. I'd estimate that total fat gain since before my trip out of the country is probably about 10 pounds. Thats ten pounds of fat in one month! This is obviously my fault seeing as i have the will power to just say "no thanks" but I guess coming off of a calorie restricted plan and being submersed in a new environment where junk food is everywhere really threw me out of my routine. I plan on being more careful for the rest of the week and re-establishing a healthy diet and exercise plan once I'm home. I'll be more careful not to restrict calories as much in the future as to avoid a binge cycle. Anyway, i'm just looking for support. Do you think this fat will be easier to lose because it was gained so rapidly? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks guys

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been properly primal for a long time and it was never for any significant fat loss. However, when I was doing CW calorie restriction and lost over 15 kg (and then gained three for pretty much the same reasons you did, lost them, gained 4, lost 5, gained them back, lost again etc.), I did find that the quicker I gained fat (some of your "gain" can actually be water weight), the quicker it went, once I was back at it 100%. You live, you learn. I still need to learn how not to gain on holidays/not fall of the wagon. So all I can say - return to your routine and good luck shedding that "off the wagon" weight!
    Now I have been on superstrict paleo-like thing for over 8 weeks, went down from 22% BF to 17% and increased lean mass a bit. I had never managed to go that long without binging and crazy cravings, so I hope I will be able to avoid all the binge cycle even when I am on holidays and back at my parents' next month.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I bet a fair amount of it is water weight.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm hoping I can get back into my routine once I'm back home and get off this extra weight. I would like to think some of it is just water but I don't think thats the case. I've done carb cycles before so I know pretty well how water weight feels vs real fat gain. Considering I was eating 5000+ cals a day for a few weeks I'm pretty positive its all actual fat. Oh well, you live and you learn I guess

I was typing from my phone so I wasn't too concerned with my paragraph usage. Thanks though. Also, I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned about doing a fast right now. Restricting my food intake is likely what got me here in the first place. I'm just not sure that would be the best course of action for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by primalsun View Post
    I was typing from my phone so I wasn't too concerned with my paragraph usage. Thanks though. Also, I'd be lying if I said I'm not concerned about doing a fast right now. Restricting my food intake is likely what got me here in the first place. I'm just not sure that would be the best course of action for me right now.
    I don't know. I didn't read your post, but I think that you should fast for 40 hours, regardless.

Fasting can't hurt anyone, it can only help. At the least it will expose your weaknesses.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Break your paragraphs up
    ily