I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. I'm 26 years old, 5'6. weight has fluctuated between 150-165 pretty much since high school. On May 1 I committed to making myself the healthy person I have always wanted to be, and switched to Primal eating. Since then, I've lost 6 pounds. I CrossFit 4 days a week and try and walk or swim on my rest days, I get 8 hours of sleep a night, and I supplement regularly with fish oils. Don't smoke, don't drink.

At the end of May, I went to my doctor to get a prescription renewed, and had my blood pressure taken. The result was 130/98. Needless to say, I was shocked. I'm a little overweight, but certainly not obese, and I have been active my whole lift. I've never had high blood pressure, and certainly did not expect to see it, after a month of Primal eating! The doctor chalked it up to white coat hypertension (but I felt perfectly relaxed during my appointment) and told me to keep an eye on it at drug store machines. So when I went in to fill my prescription, I plopped myself down, and did another reading: 140/103. What. The. Heck.

I did some googling, and picked up some potassium and magnesium supplements and upped my fish oil, hoping it was just a result of a deficiency, but after three days of supplements, I'm still seeing no change in my blood pressure, except now I'm terrified to sit down to get my blood pressure taken.

The icing on the cake, is since starting Primal, my birth control pill which has been fantastic for 2 years has caused my cycle to go BONKERS, and doing Hand Stand Pushups in Crossfit workouts gives me petechiae- essentially tiny broken blood vessels on my face, which kinda sounds like it could be a symptom of high blood pressure.

I have made an appointment to talk to my doctor, but I feel like he's going to point at my diet as the obvious cause to all of this, since I've never had a high blood pressure reading since starting my diet, didn't have any problems with my pill, before, etc.

But in all my googling, I have never seen another case of someone's pressure going UP after starting Primal, only the fantastic sucess stories, so I feel like I must be missing something! (granted, I don't know what my blood pressure was before starting Primal, so maybe the 140/100 is actually better than it was before?) Anyway, if anyone has an insight, I'm so grateful to hear it!