Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Do you ever lose your resolve? page 2

  1. #11
    JennaRose's Avatar
    JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    If you will tell me you don't lose your resolve, you're a liar.

    Everyone loses resolve.

    The difference is what these People will do- carry the potato sacks forward or sit on the potato sack.

    F*** outta here.
    i wanna sit on your potato sack.

  2. #12
    Gravyboat's Avatar
    Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Ya ever question your battle with conventional wisdom when you see seemingly healthy people succeed on chronic cardio/vegan/vegetarian lifestyle?
    I never see those people succeed, so no.

    I have dated vegetarians, and been friends with vegetarians. I also dated someone who tried Weight Watchers. The only ones who are thin are the ones who were already thin, and they look super pale and unhealthy and seem to lack any/all muscle tone. The ones who aren't thin tend to continually put on weight, but their ideas of ethics and morality blind them to the fact that their diet sucks.

    It's good that you feel you should make the effort to eat grassfed meat. Just don't fall down the slippery slope. A vegetarian guy I dated used to have anxiety attacks and existential self-loathing whenever he ate cheese. He liked cheese, but all he could think about was the poor cows with their infected udders mooing mournfully, etc.

    In the same vein: Sometimes I throw out bottles or cans that I could recycle. But they have dried stuff in them and I don't feel like washing them out. Sometimes I feel like a terrible person because I *could* save the planet, but no, I'm apparently too lazy.

    Just do what you can when you can, and don't freak out about what you can't. Feeling bad about what you can't do doesn't make you a better or happier person, it just rips down a good and healthy person who tries to do the right thing. Give yourself a break.

    And don't worry so much about veg*ans saying how they "eat clean". Anorexics say the exact same thing, and you wouldn't want to emulate them or feel bad that you're not starving yourself, right?

    _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

  3. #13
    Sandra in BC's Avatar
    Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,102
    Ya ever question your battle with conventional wisdom when you see seemingly healthy people succeed on chronic cardio/vegan/vegetarian lifestyle?
    Operative word here is "seemingly". You don't know the back story, what's going on behind the scenes, or what flows thru their veins. If you could achieve the same results [by eating butter and steak and without chronic cario, why would you do it the hard way????

    I like the idea that I eat cleanly. But when a vegan or veg claims they eat clean because they DON'T eat meat, it makes me feel some what unclean.
    They can eat clean veg, while you eat clean veg AND meat. More steak for you. Yay!

    I then start to worry about all the meat I eat, and then fret over the meat I eat that isn't grassfed even though I try to get a much grassfed as possible. Anyone else ever worry sometimes from having CW ingrained into them for years?
    NO.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

    There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

    DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

  4. #14
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,089
    I just don't think of these things in this way at all, so there's no resolve to loose.

  5. #15
    Forever Young's Avatar
    Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    York Pa.
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    If you will tell me you don't lose your resolve, you're a liar.

    Everyone loses resolve.

    The difference is what these People will do- carry the potato sacks forward or sit on the potato sack.

    F*** outta here.
    Not about resolve for me at all so you are wrong. I do what I do and its not at all a struggle. Zero struggle. Its how I eat, nothing more nothing less. What is there to lose my resolve about?

  6. #16
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
    Not about resolve for me at all so you are wrong. I do what I do and its not at all a struggle. Zero struggle. Its how I eat, nothing more nothing less. What is there to lose my resolve about?
    My sentiments exactly.

  7. #17
    jammies's Avatar
    jammies is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post

    So in the end all I can resolve to do is do the best for me in the moment. That includes not being a jackass and actually eating some goddamned birthday cake every now and then.
    This pretty much sums up my whole life experience.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

    http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

  8. #18
    GeorgiaPeach's Avatar
    GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    275
    Not trying to sound mean, but I'm not too concerned with the animals because of ethics. I worry about the health ramifications on my body for eating them. My fear is the thought that, wait, maybe I could be wrong, and they could be right and I don't eat clean after all. I have to go back and read all the scientific studies to ease my mind again. And, bottom line, worrying just gets old. Perhaps I'm not rooted enough in my beliefs? (typing this while I eat my grassfed veal stew made from homemade chicken bone broth with seaweed... Must not be too worried! )
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

  9. #19
    tfarny's Avatar
    tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,478
    In general it's far better to not give a shit what anyone thinks, on any subject, unless you are forced to do so for career reasons or you genuinely care about their feelings. I don't care if others are healthy on vegetarianism or not (usually in my experience they are not) - I certainly would not be, and I far prefer to eat meat in any case. If daily jogging and fat-free cream cheese on bagels were just as healthy as lifting heavy weights and eating bacon and eggs, I'd choose option two every time - the fact that it's actually healthier is just a bonus.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

  10. #20
    Forever Young's Avatar
    Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    York Pa.
    Posts
    592
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah I'm with you on that. If I ate nothing but veggies I'd feel like death in a very short time. I've tried it in the past just for a change of pace for a few days and I felt absolutely listless. I do however think that it is genetically programmed. Some come from an ancestry that ate predominantly plant foods and they would better be able to handle such a diet and in turn may have troubles with a diet that is more geared towards meats. I am not of such ilk. Eating lots of meat, eggs, seafood with some veggies works like magic for me. Again it's all in how you feel. Eating this way I feel absolutely great! I may be wrong here, but it would stand to reason that a diet that makes you feel great, would also be one that is healthy and beneficial. Where one that makes you feel awful would also be one that is not healthy, nor beneficial. Diets fail all the time because eventually you feel awful eating low fat, high carb crap and who truly feels great eating a SAD diet? Neither of these diets have a great track record when it comes to health. So it as always comes down to listening to your body and trusting what it tells you. Makes sense to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •