Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24-Day Challenge (Advocare) vs Pale/Primal page

ryo1549 is offline Junior Member

24-Day Challenge (Advocare) vs Pale/Primal

Shop Now
    So a buddy and I are going head to head in a fitness challenge. He has a personal trainer that is a crossfitter/advocare seller. My point to her was that Advocare was pretty much overpriced BS and that you don't need this stuff to "metabolically restart to help people get leaner, fitter and healthier" as she put it. I argued that when you boil down to it, it's the fact that getting off of your ass, cutting out the stupidity of eating garbage out and working out is the reason these people feel and look better, not because you take a supplement that makes you poop combined with all of that other nonsense.

So I offered a challenge, I will follow a strict paleo diet and come up with a workout plan to compete directly with him. He will be doing that 24-day thing along with some crossfit. His goals are to kick the sugar habit and lose weight. My goal is to show these people that you do not need supplements to achieve the same thing.

We will be taking pictures of the progress at day 1, day 12 and day 24 in blog form. We will also do measurements on those days. Any advice as to what measurements we should do?

What tips can you guys give me to help me not sabotage myself in this? I have been doing a loose paleo diet for a few months. I have already dropped close to 40 pounds with minimal activity thus far, but looking to take the next step in this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am officially Team Grok.

hdcantu is offline Junior Member
    Good Luck! I don't necessarily have any tips but just well wishes. Kick Advocares butt!! I have a friend who is considering buying into the whole Advocare crap. I keep trying to tell her to eat REAL FOOD!! and move alot! Turn to MDA Forums for support. I attempted a Whole30 in April but only made it 20 days. I have never felt better. I am starting again on July 1!!

Best Wishes!!

Thanks!

I am definitely thinking about going the whole30 route on this one. I want to prove a point. This guy is getting sponsors to help him with his challenge, an advocare seller is helping him out. Crossfit trainer is letting him workout for free, and he may even have a sponsor for his food (mel's meals or something) This kind of has a Rocky 4 feel to it where one guy has all of the stuff, the other guy doesn't. hehe.

I have some sort of a plan, basically lifting 3 days a week, doing sprints and hardcore high intensity workout 2-3 times a week and doing a lot of walking moving with a paleo/primal/whole30 ish diet.

EggbertHeadleton is offline Junior Member
    To give any advice people are going to need to know a lot more about your situation. Height, weight, age, previous activity level, what "loose Paleo" means etc.

Currently I am 6 foot weigh 255, I have a pretty lame activity level. I walk a few times a day, and have a sit down job. I am ramping up for next week by going to the gym 3 times this week followed by some walking a few times a day. Loose paleo has been that I would eat some gluten free treats here and there. I'll be going on a more strict plan and cutting out cream in my coffee in the mornings, and no gluten free treats and nothing not approved.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Would you both have access to getting body fat % estimated? That seems like it would be an important factor in determining the final "winner".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Would you both have access to getting body fat % estimated? That seems like it would be an important factor in determining the final "winner".
    Yeah we both talked about that, I am not sure we can find anywhere to do it for us cheap enough. I have inquired with a couple of places today none have replied lol.

A Journey to Healthy

Started my blog up for anyone who wants to follow along.

As a former Advocare distributor, I would agree that most of it is over priced and unnecessary, though it did help me out a bit getting vitamins :P. I've considered getting some of the carb blocker pills for a bit more oomph though.

One thing that was totally worth it though was their cleanse. I took too long eliminating when I was younger and that took care of that. I can now eliminate in a handful of minutes instead of upwards to over an hour.

Jodis is offline Member
    I wish you success in proving your point.

However, it seems to me that you might be putting too many variables in -- both WoE and type of exercise? Wouldn't a comparison of results of WoE's/nutrition with roughly the same exercise program be more specific? Perhaps the crossfit trainer would let you work out free also, just to prove that Advocare is so much superior? Just a thought ...

Is your friend a similar size (height, body structure, weight)?
    Last edited by Jodis; 06-25-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast