Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24-Day Challenge (Advocare) vs Pale/Primal page 2

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    You guys could both take your measurements (neck, bicep, arm, waist, hip and thigh) before and after if you can't get a direct body fat measurement done. Those measurements can be plugged into a body fat calculator for a pretty good estimate. A lot more useful than just scale weight.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

ryo1549 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodis View Post
    I wish you success in proving your point.

However, it seems to me that you might be putting too many variables in -- both WoE and type of exercise? Wouldn't a comparison of results of WoE's/nutrition with roughly the same exercise program be more specific? Perhaps the crossfit trainer would let you work out free also, just to prove that Advocare is so much superior? Just a thought ...

Is your friend a similar size (height, body structure, weight)?

See we thought about doing body fat and all kinds of other things but it just didn't work out for us. Body fat testing is $50 a pop and we decided not to do that. We are doing the measurements of each body part (hips chest waist arms thighs) and weight. He is taller than I am ( i think), but we do weigh around the same as far as I know.

One of my other things is that you don't need crossfit either. I think it's too much and some of the movements are out there. Although it's great for people who are already in shape to hit a new level, I don't like it for beginners. I will be following more of the primal work out plan. Sprints twice a week, lift 3 times a week and move a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    You guys could both take your measurements (neck, bicep, arm, waist, hip and thigh) before and after if you can't get a direct body fat measurement done. Those measurements can be plugged into a body fat calculator for a pretty good estimate. A lot more useful than just scale weight.
    Yep that's what we are doing. I had my first initial measurements in my blog post on page one. I appreciate the input though.

Looks like we are going head to head in every aspect. He's doing crossfit, advocare and a low fat diet.

Here is his food log for day 1

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YfXQ-B9YSW...9.14.16+AM.png

First thought when I saw this was, man he's gonna be hungry by day 3 lol.

I did about 30 grams of carbs along with 100 grams of fat, he did the opposite. I think both of us are not eating enough as we both only consumed around 1800 cals.
    Last edited by ryo1549; 06-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Half way point for the both of us. Looks like we are doing about the same. I guess he's lost more percentage of weight than I have, but all in all I am right there with him without supplementation. Any thoughts?

natecates.blogger.com

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Challenge is over. Some outstanding results that I got. Not really in the weight loss but holy hell in belly inches!

A Journey to Healthy: Day 24 - Results are in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12