Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still not losing much weight page 2

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You barely eat anything at all. You probably have reached your potential. Only thing left is to stop being so sedentary. Calisthenics, weights, sprinting ought to help improve your tone. Toss out your scale, though. You need to gain some muscle and up-regulate your metabolism, which has probably been slowed to a crawl, so if you choose to exercise more you'll feel more hungry and you will need to eat more.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    You aren't going wrong. If you are sedentary and eating 1700 calories a day, I'd expect that kind of loss. By contrast, I am active, and only lose eating around 1400 calories a day and then it is only 2-4 lbs a month.

I'd start exercising- walk, weight train or eat a little less.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post
    What about goats cheese and hollumi cheese, these are my favs. I do drink about three bottles of wine a week though!
    3 bottles of wine a week does sound like a lot. That's a lot of sugar. I guess if I were in your shoes, I'd try reducing either the cheese or the wine (or both) and see if you start getting the results you want. Honestly, if you really love cheese, maybe start with nixing the wine? I bet nixing both those things would get you going in the right direction, but if you nix both at once, you won't know for sure which one is the culprit or if both were.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    The reason you're not hungry is because your metabolism is slow, probably due to complications related to your thyroid. You might want to start tracking your temperature and pulse if you don't already; a pulse below 75-85 indicates a slow metabolism. Try to eat more, at least 2,000 calories every day. Drink more milk and have some ice cream; ice cream I've read is very pro thyroid.

Jiigigaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedogs View Post
    Sorry I meant to say 2lb weight loss not 2 kg. When you say dairy do you mean all butter, eggs, cream and cheese? I eat a lot of eggs and do like my blue and hollumi cheese. I could probably go without milk and cream though.
    Eggs are only classified as dairy for industry and grocery store purposes. Eggs are very different things than Milk-based products. Drop the cheese, yogurt, milk, creme, etc if you think it is bugging you. Keep the eggs.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Have you embraced the entire PB lifestyle?

Read this
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Primal-JoJo is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I would get rid of the wine. See what happens, and then tweak from there. I lost weight fine eating dairy. THis may not be the case for you, but hard to know with so much empty calories coming from the wine. Wine should be an occasional treat - I would say max 1 glass a week if you have to. Better none at all. Also, add in 3-5 hours a week of walking.

So in sum, I would keep it simple. Nix the wine and start walking for now. If that doesn't work, THEN eliminate the dairy.
    Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
    My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
    Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member
    One post suggests eating less and the other suggests eating more! not sure which advice to follow. My average cals per day are about 1200. Some of that is wine and cheese so if I cut down on wine and cheese then the cals will go down also. Yesterday was the most cals at 1700 but this was due to a lot of butter cheeses and olive oil.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I think the logic is that you should cut out the types of foods/drinks that could be potentially stalling your progress, and you'd fill in those calories with different higher quality foods.

ilovedogs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I will definatly cut back on drinking at home but I go out once a week with freinds, am I better off having vodka and lemonade or a white wine?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast