Eczema, what is this? I have some red too, but that's just how it is. You think you're ugly because of this? I don't think so.
We like to put medical terms on everything, even on conditions that, reasonably, don't warrant a medical classification.
You'll be 'aight', kid.
Word. I've only ever had it in isolated patches, but when it flares, it's bad. Little fluid filled evil blisters of doom that ooze and itch and then crack and bleed. Ugh. So gross.
Thanks everyone, I think I may need steroid cream to clear this up as every morning looking in the mirror is a new adventure of where is it flaring today?
I have only been using lanolin on my face which gives me some relief, I don't eat a lot of dairy and hardly any nuts. I thought like others that going primal would prevent this as I have not suffered with eczema for quite a few years and am surprised to see it now.Yes hot water or even heat seems to affect it!
I will check out the maximum omega 3 dosage and start on that.
Hi Jammies , I don't know about nikel allergies but thanks I will be looking that up
There are lots of eczema treatments out there that may help you, and it may bring you lasting and effective change without the dangers and side effects.
- Moisturization It is the basic natural treatment, you must always keep your skin well moisturized. It is important to use a good moisturizer on a regular basis, even when you dont feel like you need one.
- Blueberry leaf Ointment/Emollient blueberry leaves are particularly helpful in eczema sufferers. Applying it directly to the affected area will very quickly soothe the irritation in your skin, and over time help to completely remove the appearance and feel of eczema on your skin.
- Oatmeal bath it is quite a well-known powerful natural eczema treatment that not only moisturizes the skin, but also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey root and elm bark mixture comfrey root has been used throughout history to heal wounds reduce inflammation. 1 teaspoonful of comfrey root and one teaspoonful of bark of elm mix it with 2 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil it for 30 min. Then put the mixture aside, allowing it to cool until it has reached room temp. Then if the mixture is ready to applied, apply it to your skin.
- Yoghurt unpasteurized yogurts containing live bacteria can be a very powerful natural eczema treatment.
I found this article last year - it's what really inspired me to start looking into diet.
Eczema diet natural diet for eczema that creates beautiful skin and good health
Read about the woman's story here - her eczema was so bad that she was told she might have to have a limb amputated!! She ate her way back to health. Pretty inspiring.
Eczema remedies natural healing remedy for eczema that really works
I can't tell you what the pain was like, or the itching~ how many nights I couldn't sleep or woke up with bloody sheets because I scratched in my sleep. Sometimes I couldn't even stand the feel of clothes on my body. Taking a shower was painful, not washing was unacceptable. DH faithfully applied AHA lotion on my back every night while I sat and cried from the sting, but it was the only thing I had found that promoted healing. Honestly, my life was a nightmare.
One morning, I realized that the only thing I had control over was what I put in my mouth. So, I stopped eating. By the third day of the fast, there was measurable improvement on my skin, by the sixth, I had no new breakouts! By the ninth, my skin was clear, or almost. I broke the fast on the tenth day and kept a very careful food diary. I quickly learned that grains were my trigger.
It's been years, but still react to grains~ I'd say gluten, but corn bothers my immune system too. I can't say diet is the only cause of eczema, but I think it's a contributing factor for many. After finding PB, I can see I'm not so unique with my grain sensitivity~ makes me wonder though, if grains made my skin such a mess, what was it doing to my insides?