Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eczema page 2

Shop Now
    Eczema, what is this? I have some red too, but that's just how it is. You think you're ugly because of this? I don't think so.

We like to put medical terms on everything, even on conditions that, reasonably, don't warrant a medical classification.

You'll be 'aight', kid.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Eczema, what is this? I have some red too, but that's just how it is. You think you're ugly because of this? I don't think so.

We like to put medical terms on everything, even on conditions that, reasonably, don't warrant a medical classification.

You'll be 'aight', kid.
    You wouldn't dismiss this if you had ever had eczema.

Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    You wouldn't dismiss this if you had ever had eczema.
    I'm pretty sure I have that shit.

GeorgiaPeach is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post

You'll be 'aight', kid.
    Come back when your fingers are busted open and bleeding and it hurts to use your hands.
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Chanteuse is offline Member
    Word. I've only ever had it in isolated patches, but when it flares, it's bad. Little fluid filled evil blisters of doom that ooze and itch and then crack and bleed. Ugh. So gross.

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    Thanks everyone, I think I may need steroid cream to clear this up as every morning looking in the mirror is a new adventure of where is it flaring today?
    I have only been using lanolin on my face which gives me some relief, I don't eat a lot of dairy and hardly any nuts. I thought like others that going primal would prevent this as I have not suffered with eczema for quite a few years and am surprised to see it now.Yes hot water or even heat seems to affect it!

I will check out the maximum omega 3 dosage and start on that.

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    Hi Jammies , I don't know about nikel allergies but thanks I will be looking that up

Dwayne is offline Junior Member
    There are lots of eczema treatments out there that may help you, and it may bring you lasting and effective change without the dangers and side effects.
    • Moisturization – It is the basic natural treatment, you must always keep your skin well moisturized. It is important to use a good moisturizer on a regular basis, even when you don’t feel like you need one.
    • Blueberry leaf Ointment/Emollient – blueberry leaves are particularly helpful in eczema sufferers. Applying it directly to the affected area will very quickly soothe the irritation in your skin, and over time help to completely remove the appearance and feel of eczema on your skin.
    • Oatmeal bath – it is quite a well-known powerful natural eczema treatment that not only moisturizes the skin, but also helps to reduce inflammation.
    • Comfrey root and elm bark mixture – comfrey root has been used throughout history to heal wounds reduce inflammation. 1 teaspoonful of comfrey root and one teaspoonful of bark of elm mix it with 2 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil it for 30 min. Then put the mixture aside, allowing it to cool until it has reached room temp. Then if the mixture is ready to applied, apply it to your skin.
    • Yoghurt – unpasteurized yogurts containing live bacteria can be a very powerful natural eczema treatment.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I found this article last year - it's what really inspired me to start looking into diet.

Eczema diet – natural diet for eczema that creates beautiful skin and good health

Read about the woman's story here - her eczema was so bad that she was told she might have to have a limb amputated!! She ate her way back to health. Pretty inspiring.
    Eczema remedies – natural healing remedy for eczema that really works

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I found this article last year - it's what really inspired me to start looking into diet.

Eczema diet – natural diet for eczema that creates beautiful skin and good health

Read about the woman's story here - her eczema was so bad that she was told she might have to have a limb amputated!! She ate her way back to health. Pretty inspiring.
    Eczema remedies – natural healing remedy for eczema that really works
    Wow~ I never had patches as big as hers, but at one point, I didn't have a square inch area on my body that didn't have eczema of one form or another, (there are several different types) After wasting too much money on doctors that said *we don't know what causes eczema* and trying too many medications that did nothing, I was told I'd just have to live with it, or live on Prednisone. The general idea at the time, was that eczema was triggered by stress.

I can't tell you what the pain was like, or the itching~ how many nights I couldn't sleep or woke up with bloody sheets because I scratched in my sleep. Sometimes I couldn't even stand the feel of clothes on my body. Taking a shower was painful, not washing was unacceptable. DH faithfully applied AHA lotion on my back every night while I sat and cried from the sting, but it was the only thing I had found that promoted healing. Honestly, my life was a nightmare.

One morning, I realized that the only thing I had control over was what I put in my mouth. So, I stopped eating. By the third day of the fast, there was measurable improvement on my skin, by the sixth, I had no new breakouts! By the ninth, my skin was clear, or almost. I broke the fast on the tenth day and kept a very careful food diary. I quickly learned that grains were my trigger.

It's been years, but still react to grains~ I'd say gluten, but corn bothers my immune system too. I can't say diet is the only cause of eczema, but I think it's a contributing factor for many. After finding PB, I can see I'm not so unique with my grain sensitivity~ makes me wonder though, if grains made my skin such a mess, what was it doing to my insides?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast