Thread: New to primal page

Eurydice is offline Junior Member

New to primal

Primal Fuel
    Just want to say hi . I'm new to Primal Blueprint and have no experience with this diet or lifestyle.
    My main motivator is to loose about 10 kg. I still have an extra 7 kg from pregnancy (7 week old baby) and before getting pregnant I was in the process of loosing the "5 last".
    I think this diet will work well for me as I have experienced good weight loss in the past by cutting out grains.
    My biggest issue : ice cream...
    I can get to the gym 3x/week although I aim at 4x.
    My problem : sleep. I cannot haveo an 8 hour non stop because of baby.
    But I am willing to change my diet and life !
    Starting today !

katiepotato is offline Member
    Hi Eurydice - I'm a newbie too, and a fellow ice-cream lover!

I am not a parent or a historian so not any sort of authority, but I'm pretty sure that cavebabies didn't sleep through the night either! Do what you can, when you can, and don't put yourself under too much pressure. Having done WeightWatchers in the past this is totally alien to me too - I feel like I should be following a very strict set of rules to lose weight, but having just finished Mark's book I'm trying to get to grips with the Primal laws as a lifestyle guide, not a checklist to be ticked off at the end of every day.

To give a personal example, I live in Dubai so although there is no shortage of sun, summer temps are now around 45oC daily so being outside for 15 minutes in my workclothes on weekdays is just not possible - but I am trying to grab 15 minutes in the morning or evening when it is cooler.

Good luck with your goals :-)

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome. Have you read The Primal Blueprint?