Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leg cramps... Carb related??? page 3

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I was wondering about this too b/c my left calf was cramping up HARD every morning post workout...yeah so that was just about every day. So I was taking Calm Vitality (magnesium citrate) before bed each night...helped a little. Also drank coconut water each day...pricey, helped a little. Then my friend recommended "Electrolyte Stamina" and after 2 days, poof! Muscle cramps are gone. So not sure WHICH of the ingredients I needed, but it was in those little tablets! Cheaper then coconut water too!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleNappingLion View Post
    Then my friend recommended "Electrolyte Stamina" and after 2 days, poof! Muscle cramps are gone. So not sure WHICH of the ingredients I needed, but it was in those little tablets! Cheaper then coconut water too!
    Interesting... that would be these tablets? My cramps seem to have subsided again but now I find myself annoyingly paranoid that they'll return, especially after heavy exercise. =/

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    This has happened to me as well, usually late at night or just before waking up and just about knocks me out of bed, wicked painful. Recently I have been drinking coconut water after long hammer mtnbike rides and have not had an episode in quite awhile. Maybe its working?!?!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, when i first started, i would cramp easily on calf raises. Now i eat more bananas, and im starting to drink coconut milk.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

tedhoyt is offline Junior Member
    Sorry for getting back so late on this. I changed two things - neither is very Primal however they worked.

One is I added an electrolyte powder that I drink before/during/after long runs:

http://www.amazon.com/Hammer-Endurol...5957613&sr=8-1

The other was using gell (Cliff shots) and/or Gatorade before/during/after any run longer then 10 miles.

No leg cramps since then.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123