Thread: Looking for some guidance page

CRise is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Hey everyone, got some questions

As far as daily cooking and planning of meals to make sure you stay on course, which I imagine is harder in the beginning, how did some of you vets handle it and whats the best ways to deal with some of the day to day frustrations of taking on this lifestyle?

Example, I am usually coming and going a lot, at will, and unfortunately had to move back home with family who are all non primal. Work has zero primal food while I am there, I usually pack some fruit, nuts and jerky. When I get off work I just want to eat, not worry about planning out something primal and cooking and cleaning then heading back out the door and so on. Friday, I got really frustrated with having to think about it all the time, which I am sure is natural, but, how have some of you dealt with the daily little frustrations and what did you do when you just felt like saying to hell with it?

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

Jerky. Sardines. And I look for easy meals that I like. Cooking whatever kind of meat I have and tossing it into a salad, juices and all is pretty great, and a fairly go-to meal. Burgers are easy, and it seems like grass-fed is easiest to find ground, but you get tired of them. Chili and things like that are great, but not always easy to clean. You may want to look into one pot meals for the crock pot, then buy the liners that make cleanup easy.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Cooking a big steak in the pan takes 10 mins top. You could also buy rotisserie chickens.

Another option would be to skip lunch. It's easier once you go primal because you lose the carb cravings. A very big fatty breakfast should keep you fine until late in the evening evening. Works perfectly for me.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Sharon Guest

You could spend one day a week planning and cooking. For example cook whatever kind of chicken you like. Eat hot with a veg the first day, cut up in a salad the second day, stir fry the third. Soup the 4th.

Or cook a mix of meats and freeze some in portions for meals.

Keep hard cooked eggs on hand for quick meals.

Or become wealthy and hire a cook.

Thanks guys, skipping lunch all together was what was working best. I am only 3 weeks in. First week was good, and second week started great, and then I slipped off the diet once then twice and so on. This week almost every other day I have had 1 non primal meal. Sucks to slip off, sucks even more to go back through the "detox blues" headache and all. Got some work to do, I have never been a big fan of veggies at all, never developed a taste for them so variety is lacking, and fitting this lifestyle into my relationship with my lady who isn't at all so considerations for me and all that get taxing to always be thinking about it

I am digging the wealthy part....haha.