Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow, that omlette was epic. page

Drumroll is offline Senior Member

Wow, that omlette was epic.

Primal Fuel
    Bright orange omlette made from four eggs from pasture-raised hens, with 1/4 cup of crumbled and raw grass-fed feta cheese melted into it with a cup of locally grown mustard greens, and basil, oregano, garlic powder, and cayenne sprinkled liberally on top.

Just took what I had lying around and made something of it.

I have GOT to do that again.

So, what awesome primal meals have you discovered completely by accident?

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    That does sound great. Not sure I've ever discovered any primal meals by accident...it's usually adapting some other recipe to make it primal.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    That sounds really yummy!!

I actually made myself a new creation for lunch today. I took a can of chicken chunks and added diced dill pickle, red onion, olives, whole avocado, a couple tablespoons of greek yogurt and some cracked black pepper and wrapped that in green cabbage leaves and put sliced tomato on top. It was probably one of the best chicken salads I've ever had and definitely something I will be doing again!

I'm glad I got a little creative because my standard primal meals of grassfed burgers are getting kinda old.

Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    That sounds really yummy!!

I actually made myself a new creation for lunch today. I took a can of chicken chunks and added diced dill pickle, red onion, olives, whole avocado, a couple tablespoons of greek yogurt and some cracked black pepper and wrapped that in green cabbage leaves and put sliced tomato on top. It was probably one of the best chicken salads I've ever had and definitely something I will be doing again!

I'm glad I got a little creative because my standard primal meals of grassfed burgers are getting kinda old.
    I've been doing omlettes a lot lately, but I've been keeping them pretty simple. Tonight I thought, what would go great with this cheese I have? And bam, I was thinking omlette and rummaging around in my spice collection to find a good match.

zsz101 is offline Junior Member
    I too am a huge fan of omelets! My breakfast is always a four egg omelet with sliced avocado, and red and green peppers with berries on the side. So delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by zsz101 View Post
    I too am a huge fan of omelets! My breakfast is always a four egg omelet with sliced avocado, and red and green peppers with berries on the side. So delicious!
    I like the idea of an avacado in an omlette, with a bit of salsa to top it. Maybe some cheese if I'm feeling decadent.

machinebynight is offline Junior Member
    Steak and cheese!
    Sliced .25 inch thick strips of sirloin fried in butter with onion, pepper and mushroom slices. When everything is just about cooked, throw some sharp cheddar in the pan and stir it all up. I add tobasco too. One of my favorite discovery's -and a fast primal meal too!

machinebynight is offline Junior Member
    Also love BLT salads with onions, avocado, and primal mayo! Don't think I have explain how to make that...

Quote Originally Posted by machinebynight View Post
    Also love BLT salads with onions, avocado, and primal mayo! Don't think I have explain how to make that...
    Now that sounds yummy...

primalkyle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I always have my avocado on the side at breakfast, usually chopped with some tomato and topped with some lemon/lime/salt. Makes a nice cold side to hot eggs and sweet potatoes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast