Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help me with a fun form of exercise? :) page 2

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sports. Pick one, have fun with it. I only "exercised" so much cause it prepared me for the thing I actually wanted to do.....WIN.

After sports I chose HIT ( Body by Science is a good book to start with)....cause exercising isn't what I live to do. I work very hard for a short time and infrequently so that I can enjoy everything else.

Colibri is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the opinions guys. I think it's about time I change it up. I'll be probably (more than likely) be doing Starting Strength soon
    "Strong, healthy, happy and free. Our default state, if we trust and respect nature." - Erwan Le Corre

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Sex.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Sex.
    Ya beat me to it.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

PeaceKaren is offline Member
    Look for groups near you on meetup.com that are focused on fun, outdoor activities. You can cover off exercise, play and socializing all at once.

MarkHunt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceKaren View Post
    Look for groups near you on meetup.com that are focused on fun, outdoor activities. You can cover off exercise, play and socializing all at once.
    That's a great idea. I wish I thought about it myself. And I guess you can find all sorts of groups in different ages.
    How To Exercise Your Hamstrings and Why It Matters

My local Meetup.com group just has one or two groups, no sporty/outdoor groups unfortunately

Looks like I'm not gonna gym it either. My income just won't support it, but once I get a job I'll be squatting and deadlifting like a mad man. Back to bodyweight. Now I just gotta make it fun :P
    "Strong, healthy, happy and free. Our default state, if we trust and respect nature." - Erwan Le Corre

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    What's wrong with squatting and deadlifting with a sandbag? You can make one for free, follow (albeit adapted) versions of starting strength, 5-3-1 or stronglifts and I'll even help you out with advice where I can.

If it's a choice of sandbag training with a homemade bag or no lifting at all then you really should opt for the former.

Coach, you may have helped me a great deal. When you first told me about the sandbags at the start of the thread I was skeptical. Now looking into it, all I need is a big duffle bag. A 25kg bag of sand runs for only €5 here - perfect for a while

I've bought your book buddy, thanks!

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
    Coach, you may have helped me a great deal. When you first told me about the sandbags at the start of the thread I was skeptical. Now looking into it, all I need is a big duffle bag. A 25kg bag of sand runs for only €5 here - perfect for a while

I've bought your book buddy, thanks!
    Enjoy it! It very possible to construct a good sandbag strength training program as an alternative to the barbell. I've worked up to a 100kg sandbag clean and press and continue to make progress.

All the best with the training and please do drop me a line with any questions you might have.

I'm also happy to check your technique via a video if you want to fire some over to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast