Thread: MDA Definitive Guide to Fish Oil page

Artbuc is offline Senior Member

MDA Definitive Guide to Fish Oil

Primal Fuel
    Only one commenter brought up Ray Peat's opposing view on consuming O3's and no one responded to it. MDA asserts (loosely paraphrasing) that the benefits of taking O3's are widely known and accepted. Considering Ray Peat's reputation, I hope MDA will explain why RP's view on this important topic is incorrect.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    I don't know who ray peat is, but the research on omega 3's being healthy in a number of ways is enormous. There is very little evidence pointing the other way. Why don't you post a link explaining his stance?

This is a comment from the MDA Definitive Guide to Fish Oil:

"I know I’m pretty late but all of you should probably read this: The Great Fish Oil Experiment

Ray could be completely wrong, but he makes a convincing argument. Also, if you think about it, fish was probably a minimal part of Grok’s diet (or zero if he didn’t live near a major body of water). If Grok did eat fish they were probably low fat, coastal warm water fish and shellfish, not the high fat cold water fish like tuna."

Here is a great link with someone asking the same question. The person refuting Peat's claim is pretty fired up!

Thread: This is what innitially caused blood sugar issues at Adrenal Fatigue Support Forum (ThreadID: 1696715)

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Well, the argument IS rather convincing.

However I know for a fact that supplementing in O3 improved many of my past problems as it did for many people... Let's explain that.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

peril is offline Senior Member
    Hunter gathers also have access to a better source of O3s than fish - brains. I think processed fish oil is only for those not adult enough to eat brains or oily fish
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    I hate to read garbage like this (from the great fish oil experiment linked above):

"The US government and the mass media selectively promote research that is favorable to the fish oil industry. The editorial boards of oil research journals often include industry representatives, and their editorial decisions favor research conclusions that promote the industry, in the way that editorial decisions in previous decades favored articles that denied the dangers of radiation and reported that estrogen cures almost everything."

Great, so lets just throw out a HUGE amount of research all pointing to one conclusion because someone decides it is biased and some sort of conspiracy. What fucking GARBAGE. Hmm, you know what, maybe the research this guy quotes is biased and he is part of some anti fish oil conspiracy. Seems pretty stupid, doesn't it?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't know what "MDA's" stance on O3 is, but in various paleo and ancestral eating circles it seems to be understood that the majority of your fat intake should be saturated then mono and polyunsaturated O6 should be kept to under 4% of calories...and O3/O6 ratios of about 1/1.

Far as fish oil is concerned I don't think its necessary if you are eating primal and including a couple of servings of fish a week.

As to fish oil as high dose "treatment"....well its better than a kick in the head (medication).
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-19-2012 at 04:42 PM.