Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have I got it Dialled or just gone INSANE? page 2

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
    Um no it won't.
    Ill meet you some-what half way. If you have proper form they can help. If you lack proper form or if you add weight your looking for trouble tho. There was a blip about it in my fitness mag. I left it at work though. I'll write some more about it when I pick it up.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    How are you feeling on this schedule? Is your energy okay? Sleeping alright? Or are you forcing or pushing your way through all this?

Everyone grieves in their own way. So if your way through this is uber-health and fitness then so be it. Some of it will fall away with time and some of it will stick. Just give yourself the space and time to figure it out. After my mom died I spent a few months on the sofa using a beer and benadryl combination to try to get any sleep. So your method is at least better than mine
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofturtles View Post
    Ill meet you some-what half way. If you have proper form they can help. If you lack proper form or if you add weight your looking for trouble tho. There was a blip about it in my fitness mag. I left it at work though. I'll write some more about it when I pick it up.
    That's like saying having sex is dangerous, wrapping that rascal is implied, so is correct form.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    How are you feeling on this schedule? Is your energy okay? Sleeping alright? Or are you forcing or pushing your way through all this?

Everyone grieves in their own way. So if your way through this is uber-health and fitness then so be it. Some of it will fall away with time and some of it will stick. Just give yourself the space and time to figure it out. After my mom died I spent a few months on the sofa using a beer and benadryl combination to try to get any sleep. So your method is at least better than mine
    yeah mate first month i drank at least 1 carton of beer a day, then cut it out to nothing and 90% primal.

energy levels are highest they ever been although sometimes i crash usually about once a week and have a good sleep during the day. i usually get a good 8 hours sleep a night but wake up bouncing off the walls eager to exercise... i do believe this is part of a grieving process although not sure when its going to fade...

most workouts i try to hit a compound/body weight movement and then 2 maybe 3 different dumbell/barbell exercises

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

You could probably accompish what your accomplishing with less exercise and more focus on nutrition.

2 full body strength workouts per week is plenty focusing on heavy barbell compound movements and actual strength gains.... squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press, power cleans, rows... add in dips, pullups if you really want to.

1 hill sprint session is an excellent next addition.

Then box/cycle the other days... and make sure you take a solid 1 day per week off.

EvRevFit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post

You could probably accompish what your accomplishing with less exercise and more focus on nutrition.

2 full body strength workouts per week is plenty focusing on heavy barbell compound movements and actual strength gains.... squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press, power cleans, rows... add in dips, pullups if you really want to.

Then box/cycle the other days... and make sure you take a solid 1 day per week off.
    I second that.
    Josh Vernier, CPT

My Journal

Evolution Revolution Fitness

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

-Ayn Rand

Ripped is offline Senior Member

I agree with this too. I'm not saying its overtraining, because it isn't. However, it isn't necessary to workout that many days to build muscles. Anywhere from 1-3 workouts per week is fine. You can do more if you want, but like I said, it simply isn't necessary.

You'd probably be better off doing something else that you enjoy on your off days. And speaking of that, exercise is supposed to be good for your mental health such as fighting depression. Anything will do. Let that be walking, mma, swimming, etc.

NicMcCool is offline Senior Member
    Christ, dude. Maybe I'm in the wrong place...

1) Do you ever workout a body part that is currently sore from a previous training day?
    2) Are you unable to complete full workouts without fatiguing?
    3) Are your weights and/or performance stagnate or decreasing?
    4) Is your piss red, brown, or reddish-brown?
    5) Do you mentally dread a future workout?

If you answered Yes to any of these you're over-training. If not, carry on.
    I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    You'd probably be better off doing something else that you enjoy on your off days. And speaking of that, exercise is supposed to be good for your mental health such as fighting depression.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm using the weights to fight off depression. As soon as I start lifting and feel the pump I start feeling the 'high' and it carries on for hours afterwards. I don't get this same effect from running, walkin, cycling.

Quote Originally Posted by NicMcCool View Post
    Christ, dude. Maybe I'm in the wrong place...

1) Do you ever workout a body part that is currently sore from a previous training day?
    2) Are you unable to complete full workouts without fatiguing? Sometimes
    3) Are your weights and/or performance stagnate or decreasing? No, increasing
    4) Is your piss red, brown, or reddish-brown? Crystal clear
    5) Do you mentally dread a future workout? I wake up everymorning buzzing to train, it's my one guaranteed pleasure each day

If you answered Yes to any of these you're over-training. If not, carry on.
    The only one I really answered yes to was number 1. But not overly.

I guess if I'm happy working out like this then I might as well stick to it for a while. I've been seeing good results. I think a few more months training like this will be a good indication to how my body handles it.
    Last edited by destructalux; 06-22-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks

Alot of focus on nutrition already. That's why I'm here at Primal Blueprint!

This does sound sensible. Something for me to keep in mind!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast